PDA

View Full Version : Tony Barnhart tweet

Coach34
07-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Tony Barnhart ‏@MrCFB (https://twitter.com/MrCFB) 1m (https://twitter.com/MrCFB/status/487974825890414593) More

With 18 starters, including QB Dak Prescott, returning, this should be Dan Mullen's best team at Miss. State. Who told me that? Dan Mullen.

spiritual_machine2005
07-12-2014, 10:17 AM
One thing that really ticks me off is reading all the responces to that tweet. The lack of respect for our team is unreal. That is one thing i really hope changes this coming season.

Pollodawg
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
One thing that really ticks me off is reading all the responces to that tweet. The lack of respect for our team is unreal. That is one thing i really hope changes this coming season.

I hope it pisses the team off like you wouldn't believe. Time to open some damn eyes in this conference.

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2014, 10:36 AM
It doesn't piss me off because, until we beat them, why would they respect us? Do we respect Troy because they played us tough? Or how about Bowling Green?

I'm to the point where I understand why they don't respect us. Respect is earned through winning. It's very simple and this year we need to do that.

Brad Stevens
07-12-2014, 10:44 AM
It doesn't piss me off because, until we beat them, why would they respect us? Do we respect Troy because they played us tough? Or how about Bowling Green?

I'm to the point where I understand why they don't respect us. Respect is earned through winning. It's very simple and this year we need to do that.

I understand your point, but I most definitely respect Troy and Bowling Green. Sure, we didn't play our best games against them, but those were two good teams the past couple years. I think our team and coaching staff would do better to recognize and prepare with that mindset than to blow them off. We all thought Mullen was blowing steam talking up Bowling Green, but they finished the season 10-4 (7-1). They were a good team.

MarketingBully01
07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Beat who? For all we know, those were asshole Ole Miss fans. Why would Auburn, Alabama, or LSU fans be tweeting back at him? Those had to be Ole Miss fans and if so we have beaten them 4 out of 5 years. I can't wait for this season as we will knock off another couple of teams (LSU, A&M) and they will only be able to say we haven't beaten Alabama and you can add almost everyone to the list on that one.

Goat Holder
07-12-2014, 11:28 AM

Agreed. Nobody disrespected us in the 90s. And it's not like they are saying we will be 3-9.....people are just apprehensive that we will be a real contender. So am I, until we prove we can.

Bottom line, it's taken a long time to erase the stench of Jackie's downfall and Croom. When you suck for 8 years (yes, we sucked in 2007 too), it takes a while to shed that reputation.

Goat Holder
07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I understand your point, but I most definitely respect Troy and Bowling Green. Sure, we didn't play our best games against them, but those were two good teams the past couple years. I think our team and coaching staff would do better to recognize and prepare with that mindset than to blow them off. We all thought Mullen was blowing steam talking up Bowling Green, but they finished the season 10-4 (7-1). They were a good team.

I respect Troy and Bowling Green too. But I don't expect to lose to them either, and I definitely would laugh if people were hyping them up to be contenders, because they've never done it. It isn't a conspiracy against MSU.

FISHDAWG
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I've noticed in recent years past that Barnhart has given us the benefit of the doubt over and above all other media personalities and probably knows this team better than most others (excluding the obvious of course)

SignalToNoise
07-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Most of the replies to that tweet are from people who must be mentally deficient. There is no other way to explain it.

Pollodawg
07-12-2014, 12:53 PM
I didn't say piss us the fans off. I hope its motivation for the boys.

TheDogFather
07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

The worst part is that it wouldn't be surprising that some of those responses come from MSU fans.

bulldawg28
07-12-2014, 03:16 PM
It's taking fans awhile to adjust to not sucking as well. Mullen just set the longest streak ever at State and MSU fans wanted him gone. Let's face it we've sucked for a loonnnnnng time. Now that Mullen and company are pulling is from obscurity we should embrace it instead of being terrified and being expecting the worst. We've experienced the worst and obviously we're nowhere near that level. Facts are we're going to be good, really good.

Barking 13
07-12-2014, 08:00 PM
as for me and mine, our wool runneth over.....

MarketingBully01
07-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I am with Preacher Matt. If everything goes right, I could see us at 11-1 with our one loss to Alabama.

CadaverDawg
07-12-2014, 08:03 PM
It's taking fans awhile to adjust to not sucking as well. Mullen just set the longest streak ever at State and MSU fans wanted him gone. Let's face it we've sucked for a loonnnnnng time. Now that Mullen and company are pulling is from obscurity we should embrace it instead of being terrified and being expecting the worst. We've experienced the worst and obviously we're nowhere near that level. Facts are we're going to be good, really good.

Good post, I agree

Dawgowar
07-12-2014, 10:14 PM

I am just enjoying the ride. I am past who likes us and who hates us. Could not give a rat's arse about media disrespect - win, and we will get the respect. Win against the teams we have not won against in games that matter and we will get respect. Close the deal. Take out LSU under ANY condition (They should all just change the names on the shirts to 'Daddy' until we do), win in Tuscaloosa, Keep the edge on TSUN and pleaaaaaaaaaase......

Beat the ever living snot out of Auburn - a la Miami Hurricanes over Oklahoma in the eighties - just destroy them.

And don't pull a "We're MSU and choke to somebody we should not choke to.

preachermatt83
07-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I am with Preacher Matt. If everything goes right, I could see us at 11-1 with our one loss to Alabama.

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/3pz2h6-jpg.35045/

http://www.troll.me/images/success-kid/one-down-one-down-whos-next-who.jpg

Before:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3v5iNErK-S8/Teq_04Sd6GI/AAAAAAAAC4Q/CRd_QkWNANM/s1600/redwagon.gif

After:

http://howtoseo.link2light.com/images/blog/blog_images/seo_bandwagon.jpg

BossDawg
07-12-2014, 11:30 PM
For all we know, those were asshole Ole Miss fans. Why would Auburn, Alabama, or LSU fans be tweeting back at him? Those had to be Ole Miss fans and if so we have beaten them 4 out of 5 years.

I'd bet it was, too. I've never seen a fan base latch on to every word of any coach quite like OM fans have with Mullen. Anyway, I remember a buddy of mine telling me that he was standing in line for student tickets in Mullen's second year. He said he overheard Mullen tell someone that they were gonna have a good team that year...and it ended up being a pretty damn good team. Definitely the best team State has had in a long time. Therefore, I trust Mullen's judgement, and I do think we're gonna have a really good team....but we're gonna have to knock off a big boy this year no doubt.

War Machine Dawg
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd bet it was, too. I've never seen a fan base latch on to every word of any coach quite like OM fans have with Mullen. Anyway, I remember a buddy of mine telling me that he was standing in line for student tickets in Mullen's second year. He said he overheard Mullen tell someone that they were gonna have a good team that year...and it ended up being a pretty damn good team. Definitely the best team State has had in a long time. Therefore, I trust Mullen's judgement, and I do think we're gonna have a really good team....but we're gonna have to knock off a big boy this year no doubt.

You clearly weren't around during the JWS years. They had a booster literally sleep with an NCAA investigator to influence an investigation. They had boosters hire PIs to follow around our coaches. The favorite OM message board name for JWS among the BearSharks at the time was The Prince of Darkness. But they're definitely approaching that level of crazy with Mullen. When we beat that ass in Oxford aGAIN this year, they might actually go there.

Dawgowar
07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
You clearly weren't around during the JWS years. They had a booster literally sleep with an NCAA investigator to influence an investigation. They had boosters hire PIs to follow around our coaches. The favorite OM message board name for JWS among the BearSharks at the time was The Prince of Darkness. But they're definitely approaching that level of crazy with Mullen. When we beat that ass in Oxford aGAIN this year, they might actually go there.

Yeah, they really did lose it then. LOL. I still contend the two years of uncertainty before the probation was worse. That led to gambling on a lot of bad apples. We paid the price. That's why just beating them with alleged inferior recruiting classes is making me smile. I see Mullen doing to TSUN what Va Tech and Beamer did to UVA. When Beamer started whipping them they screamed and wept like TSUN, now they just shrug their shoulders and take their annual ass whipping. Nice docile little snobs.

gravedigger
07-13-2014, 10:02 AM

Looking in the responses to articles on the Internet for respect is the problem. People who comment below those articles aren't a good measure of rational thought