PDA

View Full Version : Found this short sneak peek of the field from the drone today...

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 10:58 PM
https://m.facebook.com/johnmpemberton/posts/10202382304214981

Hopefully that link works.

Harrydawg
07-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Awesome! Thanks for posting

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Thats Shane of Strange Bew's drone video if anyone didn't notice. great guy.

engie
07-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Anyone notice what I presume will be the additional necessary below-ground footings for the future 7k seat upper deck being dug in today? When we expand that endzone again, it'll happen quickly in a single offseason...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140712-nbm8-56kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140712-nbm8-56kb)

MSUDawg4Life
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I noticed those holes last night. I'm not sure they are footings for the next expansion though.

engie
07-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I noticed those holes last night. I'm not sure they are footings for the next expansion though.

Look identical to the holes we dug for the footings we installed for the rest of the stadium...

MSUDawg4Life
07-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Look identical to the holes we dug for the footings we installed for the rest of the stadium...

Yeah, but would the designers put pilings and support columns in front of that facade? Brick and windows only to put concrete columns in front of it later? I think any expansion will simply bring the Scoreboard Club seating around to reach the other sides of the stadium. Meaning the support for that expansion is already there.

I'm thinking those pads are for something else.

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM

Yes it does...but makes no sense to go ahead and waste money pouring those footings for future use. its only going to covered up by a parking lot (easy to remove) and per any plan pictures there is no need for a load bearing footing in that area at this time. And if a footing was needed it should of been poured at the beginning with all the others.

That is something to watch...

ScoobaDawg
07-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but would the designers put pilings and support columns in front of that facade? Brick and windows only to put concrete columns in front of it later? I think any expansion will simply bring the Scoreboard Club seating around to reach the other sides of the stadium. Meaning the support for that expansion is already there.

I'm thinking those pads are for something else.

That facade and window is no big problem to cover up in the future. But we wont be expanding that upper deck anytime soon I would think...
I have no inside info, but I would think west side 100/200 level conversion to suites would be next. After that (next 5 years) It would be about time to look at bowling in the south endzone and revamping the M club and might be about time to replace our original HD board.. Technology changes quick and parts wont be available forever. Hard to believe it's been up for almost 7 years already

MSUDawg4Life
07-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Yes it does...but makes no sense to go ahead and waste money pouring those footings for future use. its only going to covered up by a parking lot (easy to remove) and per any plan pictures there is no need for a load bearing footing in that area at this time. And if a footing was needed it should of been poured at the beginning with all the others.

They are not pouring a footing for an expansion that may happen ten to twenty years from now. Those pads took two or three hours to do. If they are needed for the next expansion, that could be done when that expansions starts. Those pads are for something else.

engie
07-12-2014, 03:21 PM

Exactly.

It was stated in the initial press conference unveiling that the endzone was being engineered for a second level of skyboxes and a 7k seat upper deck -- and that all footings and underground-work for that upperdeck would be done during this expansion...

engie
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM
They are not pouring a footing for an expansion that may happen ten to twenty years from now. Those pads took two or three hours to do. If they are needed for the next expansion, that could be done when that expansions starts. Those pads are for something else.

So what are they pouring massive concrete footings for then? -- since you obviously know exactly what you are talking about**

archdog
07-12-2014, 04:25 PM
I would imagine those are for flag poles or something. The future addition should have been planned to expand off the structure already in place.

engie
07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
I would imagine those are for flag poles or something. The future addition should have been planned to expand off the structure already in place.

Flag poles? Seriously?

Martianlander
07-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Base for three statues. One is for Mullen, one for Jones, and one for Dak when we win the National Championship. Plans are top secret but I've seen them.**

MSUDawg4Life
07-12-2014, 05:14 PM
So what are they pouring massive concrete footings for then? -- since you obviously know exactly what you are talking about**

Engie, I'm a contractor and those footings aren't "massive". Definitely not big enough to be talking about adding 7,000 seats and sky boxes on. Archdog is probably closest to being right in suggesting they are for flagpoles or something and that the future addition should expand off the structure in place.

This is not a competition, guy. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Chill out, bro.

Barking 13
07-12-2014, 07:55 PM
might be some kind of future addition that if they had time and weren't over budget, lets throw them in now... I'm thinking support for some kind of future concourse..

engie
07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Engie, I'm a contractor and those footings aren't "massive". Definitely not big enough to be talking about adding 7,000 seats and sky boxes on. Archdog is probably closest to being right in suggesting they are for flagpoles or something and that the future addition should expand off the structure in place.

This is not a competition, guy. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Chill out, bro.

10ft square and big enough to swallow an escavator is what you call a flagpole footing? As a contractor, I'd hate to know you had to set a load-bearing power pole -- the whole block would be gone. Flagpole = 24" Auger. That is if you want to go massive with it.

We'll see if I'm wrong or not when they cover them up and leave them dormant for now. I'd explain about concrete/rebar on cantilever only being able to extend x distance past a focus(read, the outermost upright) -- but it's pointless...

MSUDawg4Life
07-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Engie, hush. There's not a damn thing you can tell me about rebar and concrete. :D

FISHDAWG
07-13-2014, 07:46 AM
those aren't footings , they are caisons ... and it makes perfect sense because it's done all the time. The concrete will be harder in 7-10 years than it will be if they were poured just prior to loading them (not that it makes much difference) and if poured now they will have a chance to settle if the soil is a little suspect and I'm sure it will be cheaper now than it would be in 10 yrs ..... I'm no engineer but I have built with future expansion in mind and this is the way it's done .... now, having said that- they could be for anything, ie-future vertical transportation or no telling what - would have to see the master plan

DapperDawg
07-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Engie, hush. There's not a damn thing you can tell me about rebar and concrete. :D

You must've have missed the memo..... Engie is never wrong.

MSUDawg4Life
07-13-2014, 10:09 AM
You must've have missed the memo..... Engie is never wrong.

Trust me, I know. I've argued with Engie all over the net for years. I just don't post much anymore.

Sometimes I like to disagree with him just to get him wound up. :D

engie
07-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Everyone knows you'll happily go into dumbass territory just to try to get a rise out of me... Like this thread...

Concrete guru think it takes ~ 20 yards to set a flagpole -- and then wants to profess unquestionable knowledge of the process? Hilarious.

MSUDawg4Life
07-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Everyone knows you'll happily go into dumbass territory just to try to get a rise out of me... Like this thread...

Concrete guru think it takes ~ 20 yards to set a flagpole -- and then wants to profess unquestionable knowledge of the process? Hilarious.

Engie, you're supposed to pull out 30 pages of statistics to "prove" me "wrong". You're slipping. I'm disappointed.

RC3
07-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Possibly for new lighting ? I'm no contractor though

engie
07-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Engie, you're supposed to pull out 30 pages of statistics to "prove" me "wrong". You're slipping. I'm disappointed.

No need. This one is common sense.

The current Scoreboard Club seats 1100. The bottom span of seating in that club has to be removed in order to make room for the second stack of skyboxes. Those skyboxes grow in front of the current "scoreboard club" indoor area, directly above the current ones. Now, you are down to 650 or so Upper Deck(formerly scoreboard club) seats, sitting on 2 upright spans only -- and have to build a new, EXTREMELY narrow concourse a level up to service said upper deck. Extending on 2 spans around to the corners of the stadium at the current rate then only gives you about 2K total upper deck seats.

Go ahead and explain how you triple potential seating capacity up there -- and have a concourse that passes fire code -- without building out a span. Anxiously awaiting, concrete guru**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140713-gnbs-115kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140713-gnbs-115kb)

engie
07-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Endzone lighting would blind receivers...

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Hank figured out what they are for…

http://i.imgur.com/WEJKXEP.gif

FISHDAWG
07-13-2014, 12:33 PM

true, but what if the future structure cantilevers ? ... would need support below at some point wouldn't it ?

MSUDawg4Life
07-13-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm not convinced, Engie. You need more pictures, diagrams and statistics.

engie
07-13-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm not convinced, Engie. You need more pictures, diagrams and statistics.

You're convinced -- or you would actually attempt to refute any part of it. This was a poor effort -- even for you.

hells bells
07-13-2014, 03:01 PM
https://m.facebook.com/johnmpemberton/posts/10202382304214981

Hopefully that link works.

You gotta license to fly that there drone?

Cowbells
07-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Anyone notice what I presume will be the additional necessary below-ground footings for the future 7k seat upper deck being dug in today? When we expand that endzone again, it'll happen quickly in a single offseason...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140712-nbm8-56kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140712-nbm8-56kb)

Footings for a fence?? (Look on current construction cam)

engie
07-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Footings for a fence?? (Look on current construction cam)

If you've got concrete footings/cauldrons for a future expansion in a location that you intend to put a fence -- why would you not use them? Why dig another hole? Doesn't change the fact that it was not and is not their purpose for existing.

But what do I know -- I just designed aerial systems for at&t for a year or so, a large portion of which was for load-bearing poles shared with entergy and comcast. No contractor anywhere would be in business if they dug holes like that for likely non-load bearing flag/light poles and fence posts.

archdog
07-29-2014, 08:51 PM
10ft square and big enough to swallow an escavator is what you call a flagpole footing? As a contractor, I'd hate to know you had to set a load-bearing power pole -- the whole block would be gone. Flagpole = 24" Auger. That is if you want to go massive with it.

We'll see if I'm wrong or not when they cover them up and leave them dormant for now. I'd explain about concrete/rebar on cantilever only being able to extend x distance past a focus(read, the outermost upright) -- but it's pointless...

I have seen a bigger footing under an aluminum canopy at a high school. I still stand by my original assessment. The structure for the future expansion of our stadium is already in place inside the footprint of the now existing expansion. This is not the area where the cantilevered covered drop off area, so I am still saying flagpole or some other similar feature. We will see in a few short weeks, and if not I will call my boy in Bob Luke's office and see what they are planning for that area.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 08:51 PM
to much steel in there for just a fence ... and if so it would be a continous footing ... those are going to carry some kind of load

engie
07-29-2014, 08:56 PM
to much steel in there for just a fence ... and if so it would be a continous footing ... those are going to carry some kind of load

Exactly

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 08:58 PM

They are going to put a gigantic cowbell there, biggest in the world and we will have a former player ring it right before kickoff every game and stream it on dos jumbotronos. (ok none of this is true just my wish)

engie
07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
I have seen a bigger footing under an aluminum canopy at a high school. I still stand by my original assessment. The structure for the future expansion of our stadium is already in place inside the footprint of the now existing expansion. This is not the area where the cantilevered covered drop off area, so I am still saying flagpole or some other similar feature. We will see in a few short weeks, and if not I will call my boy in Bob Luke's office and see what they are planning for that area.

But was that footing initially poured FOR the aluminum canopy? That's the question.

The poles in those places right now would have been fine with a 18" auger. Why go to the trouble to dig up 15-20 yards of dirt worth per hole and then wipe your tail with the $3kish per hole you essentially wasted on the site?

Political Hack
07-29-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they're for future statues of Mullen and Dak.

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure they're for future statues of Mullen and Dak.

http://i.imgur.com/rlYXuW2.gif

archdog
07-29-2014, 09:23 PM
But was that footing initially poured FOR the aluminum canopy? That's the question.

The poles in those places right now would have been fine with a 18" auger. Why go to the trouble to dig up 15-20 yards of dirt worth per hole and then wipe your tail with the $3kish per hole you essentially wasted on the site?

Yes the footing I discussed was originally poured for a canopy. Mind you it was a canopy in a 140mph wind zone, but yeah it was bigger than this.

Just checked the rendering, and a series of flag poles are per the rendering supposes to be located there. You are forgetting that these flagpoles will not have any guy wires etc holding them upright. All reactions will be dealt with in the connection to the footing and the footings weight. On top of that, they are going to be something like 80-90 feet tall. Thats a big 17n fulcrum. Forces like that take a pretty good size footing. Not sure if you looked at ibc2009 for wind loading lately, but its 17n crazy overkill on lateral forces.

All that to say, renderings are bullshit most times.

codeDawg
07-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Yes the footing I discussed was originally poured for a canopy. Mind you it was a canopy in a 140mph wind zone, but yeah it was bigger than this.

Just checked the rendering, and a series of flag poles are per the rendering supposes to be located there. You are forgetting that these flagpoles will not have any guy wires etc holding them upright. All reactions will be dealt with in the connection to the footing and the footings weight. On top of that, they are going to be something like 80-90 feet tall. Thats a big 17n fulcrum. Forces like that take a pretty good size footing. Not sure if you looked at ibc2009 for wind loading lately, but its 17n crazy overkill on lateral forces.

All that to say, renderings are bullshit most times.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if all you engineers spent three pages arguing over how much support is required to support an upper deck and these turn out to be flag poles. Hilarious.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if all you engineers spent three pages arguing over how much support is required to support an upper deck and these turn out to be flag poles. Hilarious.

Engie is the only one arguing they are for an upper deck. Engie is wrong. Again. As usual.

archdog
07-29-2014, 09:56 PM
No need. This one is common sense.

The current Scoreboard Club seats 1100. The bottom span of seating in that club has to be removed in order to make room for the second stack of skyboxes. Those skyboxes grow in front of the current "scoreboard club" indoor area, directly above the current ones. Now, you are down to 650 or so Upper Deck(formerly scoreboard club) seats, sitting on 2 upright spans only -- and have to build a new, EXTREMELY narrow concourse a level up to service said upper deck. Extending on 2 spans around to the corners of the stadium at the current rate then only gives you about 2K total upper deck seats.

Go ahead and explain how you triple potential seating capacity up there -- and have a concourse that passes fire code -- without building out a span. Anxiously awaiting, concrete guru**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140713-gnbs-115kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140713-gnbs-115kb)

Yeah, you could be right.
But my unknowing 3 second guess is that this has little to do with future expansion.

archdog
07-29-2014, 10:07 PM

Bingo. A caisson the size that would be required for the future stadium expansion would take weeks.

engie
07-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Engie is the only one arguing they are for an upper deck. Engie is wrong. Again. As usual.

And you add nothing. Again. As always.

Still waiting on you to explain the logistics to me. Which I already know is a lost cause.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
And you add nothing. Again. As always.

Still waiting on you to explain the logistics to me. Which I already know is a lost cause.

You'll see what they are for soon, Engie. I already know. I just want you to admit you were wrong when you finally figure it out. Your "logistics" be damned. :D

engie
07-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Bingo. A caisson the size that would be required for the future stadium expansion would take weeks.

So it should have taken us multiple years just to get to this point? There are somewhere around 60 of these in the base structure of the endzone.

Here's a hole for the structural uprights of the current stadium.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140730-o8uh-8kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140730-o8uh-8kb)

Compared to:
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140712-nbm8-56kb.jpg

As you can tell via size comparison, these holes are the same size if not slightly bigger than the ones dug for the structural uprights currently holding the stadium up.

Another just before that upright is placed:
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140730-ilvo-18kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140730-ilvo-18kb)

It's pretty clearly the same holes.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2014, 10:45 PM
You wouldn't be Engie if you knew how to quit when you were behind. You're going to feel real stupid when you look at the camera in the morning. lol

engie
07-29-2014, 10:51 PM
No I won't. I already conceded that they could be used for practically any purpose on the front end -- and it would make sense to do so. But that they are ultimately for the future upper deck.

You wouldn't be df4l if you didn't follow me around the internet looking for something you can half ass argue and troll about while actually bringing nothing at all to the table in the conversation.

Are the holes identical or not? Go ahead and admit it.

Political Hack
07-29-2014, 10:54 PM
Elitedawgs has taken message boarding to a new level... we argue about holes.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2014, 10:57 PM
They are not close to being identical, Engie. The ones under the stadium are much deeper. But, you wouldn't know anything about that. You're just arguing to be arguing.

pdawg10msu
07-29-2014, 11:01 PM
You wouldn't be Engie if you knew how to quit when you were behind. You're going to feel real stupid when you look at the camera in the morning. lol

What's happening in the morning?

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Elitedawgs has taken message boarding to a new level... we argue about holes.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8d1mo1iv1rfms9vo1_400.gif

sandwolf
07-29-2014, 11:16 PM
No I won't. I already conceded that they could be used for practically any purpose on the front end -- and it would make sense to do so. But that they are ultimately for the future upper deck.

Haha, unbelievable.....you have framed your argument to where it will be years and years before you can be proven wrong. What a joke.

engie
07-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Haha, unbelievable.....you have framed your argument to where it will be years and years before you can be proven wrong. What a joke.

And? What's a joke about it?

It'll also take "years and years" until I can be proven right also.

But it's really nice to have another member of the fan club come out to join in all the fun.

engie
07-29-2014, 11:26 PM
They are not close to being identical, Engie. The ones under the stadium are much deeper. But, you wouldn't know anything about that. You're just arguing to be arguing.

Am I? What are you doing?

There are far more pics that clearly show the depth of those holes as well. But you are just "going to keep arguing just to argue".

Still haven't shown me how we can possibly add a 5-7k seat upper deck without building out a level. That's because I've already shown that it basically can't happen.

cheewgumm
07-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Dawg61... That giant cowbell would be awesome!

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Dawg61... That giant cowbell would be awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/GH9Ruzx.gif

Offshore Dawg
07-30-2014, 05:50 AM
QUESTION = How deep are these. If they are load bearing I would think they would of been more than 2 feet deep.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2014, 06:34 AM
QUESTION = How deep are these. If they are load bearing I would think they would of been more than 2 feet deep.

Exactly.

Engie is just being Engie - an arguing ass. It's quite obvious they are not meant to support an addition to the stadium. Now or in the future.

engie
07-30-2014, 06:44 AM
So, you argue that these are "way, way deeper"?

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140730-22ai-18kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140730-22ai-18kb)

Or are you arguing that these weren't for structural support?

BrunswickDawg
07-30-2014, 07:05 AM
So, you argue that these are "way, way deeper"?

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140730-22ai-18kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140730-22ai-18kb)

Or are you arguing that these weren't for structural support?
Based on experience in my field of employ - it looks like a Phase III archaeological survey attempting to determine the bounds of an important cultural feature. Maybe we are trying to appease the Dead Injuns****

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Check the camera, Engie. It should now be readily apparent that your argument is invalid. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Offshore Dawg
07-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Can somebody just ask the site construction manager what they are for, instead of trying to out guess each other. I know some of you live in Starkville.

sandwolf
07-30-2014, 09:29 AM
But it's really nice to have another member of the fan club come out to join in all the fun.

A member of the fan club? Haha, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't the big deal that you have built yourself up to be in your own little world. That being said, there are a lot of times that I think you bring some really good insight to the table that you do a pretty good job of supporting with numbers.....and then there are times like this, when you talk out of your ass and let your ego prevent you from exploring the possibility that you are dead ****ing wrong. It is just funny to me that you speculate about something that you really know nothing about, and instead of just acknowledging the fact that you really don't know and that you could be wrong, you will dig up old pictures and put little green arrows all over them in an effort to prove that you are right. And just for the record, I am a structural engineer and have designed countless foundations, and I can tell you that your absolute certainty as to the purpose of those foundations, without knowing the details of the project, is completely laughable.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2014, 09:44 AM
A member of the fan club? Haha, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't the big deal that you have built yourself up to be in your own little world. That being said, there are a lot of times that I think you bring some really good insight to the table that you do a pretty good job of supporting with numbers.....and then there are times like this, when you talk out of your ass and let your ego prevent you from exploring the possibility that you are dead ****ing wrong. It is just funny to me that you speculate about something that you really know nothing about, and instead of just acknowledging the fact that you really don't know and that you could be wrong, you will dig up old pictures and put little green arrows all over them in an effort to prove that you are right. And just for the record, I am a structural engineer and have designed countless foundations, and I can tell you that your absolute certainty as to the purpose of those foundations, without knowing the details of the project, is completely laughable.

Ouch!

Poor Engie.

:D

engie
07-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Check the camera, Engie. It should now be readily apparent that your argument is invalid. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

And that's supposed to prove what? I saw their temp usage yesterday.

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 09:50 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/ftXvsSyRzKXXG/giphy.gif

engie
07-30-2014, 10:02 AM

I've never said I couldn't be wrong -- nor was I the one that started the argument in this thread. Nor the one that brought it back. I said that it's been widely discussed that we are placing footings for a future upper deck of 5-7k seats during this expansion. It was literally in the introductory press conference. For all I know, that was already done in the first months of the project and have long since been covered up a couple of feet deep. I just know it was part of this phase of expansion. I've shown pretty conclusively that the existing structure is insufficient to support an upper deck of that size and pass fire code -- and would require building out one more level. Given the circumstantial evidence between those two -- and the fact that these holes line up with the existing uprights -- and that holes are being dug are very similar to the ones that support the existing structure approximately in line and the same distance between levels as the ones that support the stadium -- my assumption of what they are seems pretty reasonable. Could it be incorrect? Sure. I still have a hard time seeing it necessary to pour ~ 15-20 yards of concrete per hole to essentially support an entrance gate/fence, as this appears to be....

FISHDAWG
07-30-2014, 10:14 AM
engie ... you would have made a good lawyer but at this point it's time to default to the expert witnesses

engie
07-30-2014, 10:28 AM
engie ... you would have made a good lawyer but at this point it's time to default to the expert witnesses

K

PassInterference
07-30-2014, 12:52 PM

Who wins?

hacker
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't understand the cargo cult mob mentality from half the board when it comes to proving engie wrong. Is it because he's almost always right? He never said that he was right and everyone was wrong. He said it was a theory he had and asked if anyone else agreed.

This shit happens like every time engie posts in any thread.

engie, I appreciate you bro.

http://i.imgur.com/4h5n794.png?1