PDA

View Full Version : My contact spoke with Shump yesterday. The football office is investigating the

Saltydog
07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
"rumor". In any event, Shump has gotten a lot stronger from last year. He's now 6'2" and weighs 224. He's going to get a lot of reps with the first team. We've always had good backs at MSU but this backfield is crazy good and deep. We've got size and speed all the way around. I'd still like to see him some at safety and light someone's ass up coming across the middle. He plays "D" like he runs the ball and that's aggressively.

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 06:23 PM
the name of the FB page it was originally posted on was mentioned in the other thread. Shouldn't be too hard to find where it came from.

Pollodawg
07-11-2014, 06:25 PM
"rumor". In any event, Shump has gotten a lot stronger from last year. He's now 6'2" and weighs 224. He's going to get a lot of reps with the first team. We've always had good backs at MSU but this backfield is crazy good and deep. We've got size and speed all the way around. I'd still like to see him some at safety and light someone's ass up coming across the middle. He plays "D" like he runs the ball and that's aggressively.

Just a little clarification: What can they actually do when they find out who started the rumor? Just restrict that person's access to the team and coaches?

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
First amendment doesn't apply to Miss State.

Saltydog
07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
nt

Pollodawg
07-11-2014, 06:46 PM
nt

If the individual that started it works for the athletic department, he/she can be canned. I know that much. I just don't know what they can do to an average Joe Schmoe who starts a rumor.

starkvegasdawg
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
If the individual that started it works for the athletic department, he/she can be canned. I know that much. I just don't know what they can do to an average Joe Schmoe who starts a rumor.

They can send Chris Jones and Nick James over to have a "talk" with them and explain the error of their ways. If during that "talk" this guy happened to trip over a coffee table or fall into the dining room set or go head first through the bathroom door...accidents happen.

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 07:11 PM
They can send Chris Jones and Nick James over to have a "talk" with them and explain the error of their ways. If during that "talk" this guy happened to trip over a coffee table or fall into the dining room set or go head first through the bathroom door...accidents happen.

I like the way you think. Non-lethal violence is frowned on much to heavily as a form of conflict resolution in my opinion.

DudyDawg
07-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Floors can get slippery, it's a dangerous world out there

sbcmortgageman
07-11-2014, 07:45 PM
the name of the FB page it was originally posted on was mentioned in the other thread. Shouldn't be too hard to find where it came from.

Word on skreet is it was started by a certain OM media member. An no I am not saying Yancy.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Word on skreet is it was started by a certain OM media member. An no I am not saying Yancy.

I wish you were

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 07:52 PM

ah... so preacher got it from FB, but they got it from an OM media person??? That could ruin some credibility if exposed.

Dawg61
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/56527-I-drink-your-milkshake-gif-LCzF.gif

PassInterference
07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
ah... so preacher got it from FB, but they got it from an OM media person??? That could ruin some credibility if exposed.

They care a lot about media credibility.

FISHDAWG
07-11-2014, 08:27 PM
sounds kinda like defamation / slander to me

preachermatt83
07-11-2014, 08:56 PM
The guys name who posted it first on FB is Jim Jones. It was on the "I bleed maroon and white" page. Not sure if he was the very first to post it but that is where I first saw it.

BiscuitEater
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
What can they actually do when they find out who started the rumor?

is to publish the name of the owner of the FB page or username of the person that first posted the rumor. Public humiliation can keep those kind of rumors to a minimum.

I seen it dawg
07-11-2014, 10:15 PM
The guys name who posted it first on FB is Jim Jones. It was on the "I bleed maroon and white" page. Not sure if he was the very first to post it but that is where I first saw it.

Annnnnnddddd....ran with it. Nice work

preachermatt83
07-11-2014, 11:38 PM

you don't always have to be such a God awful jerk. You have always been annoying but the last few weeks you have become completely insufferable. I am not sure what set it off but you need to get off your high horse sooner rather than later.

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2014, 11:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dz94Vdy.gif

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2014, 11:56 PM
you don't always have to be such a God awful jerk. You have always been annoying but the last few weeks you have become completely insufferable. I am not sure what set it off but you need to get off your high horse sooner rather than later.

http://i.imgur.com/hfbT067.gif

Todd4State
07-12-2014, 01:09 AM

First Matthew Stevens gets canned after bashing Lafayette and being seen as a representative of MSU and now this? Maybe our AD is growing some balls with the media after all.