PDA

View Full Version : Danley just said on the twitters.......

Wade Garrett
07-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Jamal Danley? ‏@JDanley54 3m
I will not be visiting #OU on July 14th. I would miss too much school work. Grades come first . I will visit before the summer is over !

I will be at the Big Dawg camp on the 18th though with @ghostmays12 !

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 09:24 AM
I will not be visiting #OU on July 14th. I would miss too much school work. Grades come first . I will visit before the summer is over !

I will be at the Big Dawg camp on the 18th though with @ghostmays12 !

Come on, coaches....CLOSE HIM!

msstate7
07-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Come on, coaches....CLOSE HIM!

It's time. We've gotta him. Wish we could get sherrod on campus during camp

engie
07-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Interesting that Todd Mays is also coming to Super Bulldog Camp. Not really sure where Mays would fit for us, but he's an elite athlete...

thf24
07-11-2014, 09:46 AM
We've caught a break with this after stumbling with his recruitment, and we'd better capitalize on it. Need to get him in the boat next weekend.

thedawg
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Todd Mays would make a great slot but with Myles, Graham, Gray, and Dear there is no room at the inn I wouldnt think

HoopsDawg
07-11-2014, 03:06 PM
I would say this is def a positive for MSU's efforts with Danley. He is a must get for this staff. I would really like he and Rankin both.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Danley has some work to do if we wants to get to an SEC school in January. There's a reason why Oklahoma became such a threat. Also the reason he's not going to Oklahoma Monday can't afford to miss any school. He can get out in January for the Big 12 but he's going to have to really keep his nose in the books to be able to get to Starkville by then.

Coach34
07-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Danley has some work to do if we wants to get to an SEC school in January. There's a reason why Oklahoma became such a threat. Also the reason he's not going to Oklahoma Monday can't afford to miss any school. He can get out in January for the Big 12 but he's going to have to really keep his nose in the books to be able to get to Starkville by then.

This guy is dead on. There is alot of doubt as to whether Danley can even qualify for SEC enrollment in January

maroonmania
07-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Dang, the Big 12 has been killing us lately on JUCOs that they can get in (or get in early) that we can't.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Dang, the Big 12 has been killing us lately on JUCOs that they can get in (or get in early) that we can't.

Yep, Lacolton Bester was just down the road and ended up at OU.

MaroonState
07-11-2014, 04:37 PM

I thought he was a full qualifier out of high school and wouldn't have to graduate from juco to be eligible? That's why we were thinking about signing him last year, because he didn't need to graduate juco. He would be a regular transfer.

engie
07-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I thought he was a full qualifier out of high school and wouldn't have to graduate from juco to be eligible? That's why we were thinking about signing him last year, because he didn't need to graduate juco. He would be a regular transfer.

My understanding as well...

maroonmania
07-11-2014, 04:48 PM
My understanding as well...

I hope that is the case. We definitely need him and don't want to see the Big 12 take him from us due to a academic technicality.

Coach34
07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
thats not the case- he wouldnt be in juco had he qualified out of HS

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM

Not anymore. If you start school after Aug. 1, 2012 if you go to a 4yr school transfer to a Juco you must graduate with an Associate's Degree & a 2.00 gpa. It's called a 4-2-4 Transfer Rule. You also must complete an avg of 12 hrs each term you're at Juco & have 1 calender year elapse from entering juco.

Todd4State
07-11-2014, 05:08 PM
thats not the case- he wouldnt be in juco had he qualified out of HS

Danley started out at Louisiana-Monroe.

Coach34
07-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Not anymore. If you start school after Aug. 1, 2012 if you go to a 4yr school transfer to a Juco you must graduate with an Associate's Degree & a 2.00 gpa. It's called a 4-2-4 Transfer Rule. You also must complete an avg of 12 hrs each term you're at Juco & have 1 calender year elapse from entering juco.

ahhhh- here is our answer.

This is also why that juco couldnt sign with us in basketball and had to go somewhere else