PDA

View Full Version : Miami Baseball subject to Steroid Scandal...

engie
07-11-2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2014/07/11/miami-hurricanes-rampant-steroid-use-detailed-in-new-book/

Is that the dirtiest overall college athletics program in the country now?

HereComesTheSpiral
07-11-2014, 08:22 AM
They let Ryan Braun back in school?

messageboardsuperhero
07-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I don't know how much this helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt our chances with that catcher we're recruiting from that area.

Saltydog
07-11-2014, 08:50 AM
nt

MsStateBaseball
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
I am telling you when Braun played for them he was on steriods. And guess who they beat twice in a regional down there. You guessed it. He had a big regional....

HSVDawg
07-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Just curious because I don't really know, but are there any NCAA rules against steroids, HGH, and other performance enhancing drugs? I know individual schools have their own policies and they are banned across the board at the professional level. However, I figured it may fall under the same category as marijuana and other drugs in the eyes of the NCAA , where they kind of take a hands off approach and let the schools police themselves. I seem to remember a blurb from a few years ago about some LSU football players getting busted for HGH, but I can't remember if it was the school or the NCAA that administered punishment.

engie
07-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Just curious because I don't really know, but are there any NCAA rules against steroids, HGH, and other performance enhancing drugs? I know individual schools have their own policies and they are banned across the board at the professional level. However, I figured it may fall under the same category as marijuana and other drugs in the eyes of the NCAA , where they kind of take a hands off approach and let the schools police themselves. I seem to remember a blurb from a few years ago about some LSU football players getting busted for HGH, but I can't remember if it was the school or the NCAA that administered punishment.

They are banned across the board -- and tested for, I believe at least once/yr, although I don't know the exact procedure. Delta St had some guys kicked off a few years ago for failed steroid tests that even listed the substance they were using...

reddog
07-11-2014, 04:15 PM
their 85 team was juiced as well

shoeless joe
07-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Easy to juice in JUCO baseball...much harder on the D1 level. I could name many a former player to prove this point...but won't.

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 05:46 PM
why are they calling for Morris's head when this is obviously a problem that's bigger than baseball and has been there since well before him? Wouldn't this be worthy of a bigger head? President? Ath Dir?

Todd4State
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
why are they calling for Morris's head when this is obviously a problem that's bigger than baseball and has been there since well before him? Wouldn't this be worthy of a bigger head? President? Ath Dir?

They've been on the decline since 2008, although they were very good this past season.

Miami feels like they can do better and Morris is essentially their version of Polk II right now.

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
I get the decline but didn't they host this year?