PDA

View Full Version : Wool Alert

BrunswickDawg
07-11-2014, 07:16 AM
I know that Carskadon's articles on HailState are supposed to inspire confidence, and this on Summer Workouts definitely fits the bill http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/mckinney-prescott-leading-extra-work-for-msu-over-the-summer/

But the money paragraph that REALLY gets wool going is this:
"Prescott and junior linebacker Benardrick McKinney host what they call "Skills and Drills" every night, something the entire team shows up for, not just a few pass catchers and throwers. Offense, defense, special teams - the works.

"Everybody comes out there," Prescott said. "It's almost like a practice, to be honest. We're out there for about an hour every day."

I don't know if I have ever wanted 50 days to go by as fast as I want the next 50 to go.

huffy
07-11-2014, 07:47 AM
I can't wait!

NBdawg17
07-11-2014, 07:56 AM
That's some awesome stuff right there. The intangibles Dak brings to this team beyond his skills on the field are incredible. Some people try to be leaders and others it just comes natural. He is a natural leader who demands the best from himself and his team and that's something special.

engie
07-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome article...

He's going to wow people at Media Days. You're about to see our hype spike in the national media once a bunch of them get to see his "it" factor firsthand...

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 08:15 AM
This is great news. I'm glad that the whole team is showing up, not just a few on each side. This could pay huge dividends in our potential this season. If the coaches don't have to spend a lot of time going back over repetitive stuff and worry about getting guys in shape because they've been off...they can focus on extra details that can separate a good team from a great team. So proud of Dak and BMac for starting it up, and proud of the team for wanting to be a part every day.

This also says a ton about the players we're recruiting. These guys want to win, and are willing to put in the work to do it.

Thanks for posting the article, Brunswick

pdawg10msu
07-11-2014, 08:32 AM
This alone, could be what takes us from a great team to an ELITE team! I sure am glad to be a dawg!

I seen it dawg
07-11-2014, 08:38 AM
We have 2 great leaders. Glad they at staggered on each side of the ball. This is the way a lineage of leadership starts. This is why we recruit high character.

mic
07-11-2014, 08:53 AM
If this team has the chemistry and will go to war for each other like it sounds like they do and will.. This could be a special team and year...

joedog
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Look who voluntarily showed up to help paint the field.

http://s30.postimg.org/51za8ywjl/wooly.jpg

Wooly

EAVdog
07-11-2014, 09:28 AM
It moved.

But seriously USM does not know what is going to hit them. I feel kind of sorry for them. This team is going to be so primed for action they may kill someone.

ScoobaDawg
07-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Wooly

Haha well played...

Pollodawg
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
We have never had a QB with the skill set and leadership qualities that Dak has. It sounds like a broken record at this point, but is true. Madkin didn't have it. Chris didn't have it. TR didn't either. And I love all three of those guys, but Dak is just so beyond any of what they were capable of it blows my mind. A guy like Dak takes a team from an also ran/ mid-tier to an upper-echelon.

I don't think I have ever been more ready for a season in all of my life.

DancingRabbit
07-11-2014, 09:53 AM
That's the most exciting thing I've read all off-season.

Huge thumbs up to Dak and Benardrick, and probably a little credit goes to Dan too.

ScoobaDawg
07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
This is great news. I'm glad that the whole team is showing up, not just a few on each side. This could pay huge dividends in our potential this season. If the coaches don't have to spend a lot of time going back over repetitive stuff and worry about getting guys in shape because they've been off...they can focus on extra details that can separate a good team from a great team. So proud of Dak and BMac for starting it up, and proud of the team for wanting to be a part every day.

This also says a ton about the players we're recruiting. These guys want to win, and are willing to put in the work to do it.

Thanks for posting the article, Brunswick

Exactly... it's a well oiled machine chugging along year round. No need to start over this fall especially if they are getting the Freshmen involved. Dan should be able to move right into any changes and evaluation instead of the whole team having to re-learn . Plus these off season workouts will allow others on the team to step up without the coaches running the shows which will just breed more leadership skills which can make this into a normal summer activity every season.

I agree this is one of the best things I've read since the end of the season. WOW I'm pumped and going to love every bit of the first 3 games but I can't wait to see these workouts payoff against an SEC team.

PassInterference
07-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Leadership and team unity is paramount. I think great quantities of those are worth at least 7 points.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Completely agree, Scooba. Also I've always thought that a huge part of winning big and winning Championships, is team chemistry. When you have an entire team working together and hanging together all off season, they are likely to have great chemistry which a leads to players knowing exactly where their teammates are at all times on the field.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this pumps me up and makes me proud of our guys

CadaverDawg
07-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Leadership and team unity is paramount. I think great quantities of those are worth at least 7 points.

No doubt, I agree

PMDawg
07-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I know that Carskadon's articles on HailState are supposed to inspire confidence, and this on Summer Workouts definitely fits the bill http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/mckinney-prescott-leading-extra-work-for-msu-over-the-summer/

But the money paragraph that REALLY gets wool going is this:
"Prescott and junior linebacker Benardrick McKinney host what they call "Skills and Drills" every night, something the entire team shows up for, not just a few pass catchers and throwers. Offense, defense, special teams - the works.

"Everybody comes out there," Prescott said. "It's almost like a practice, to be honest. We're out there for about an hour every day."

I don't know if I have ever wanted 50 days to go by as fast as I want the next 50 to go.

Bracky Brett followed up by suspending Dak for the season.....and Will Redmond for 6 games this year.

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Wooly

hahahaha.

It's going to be an epic year.