PDA

View Full Version : Aaron harang

msstate7
07-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Gives us a strong 7 innings tonight of 1-run baseball to win his 9th game (ERA now 3.53). For all the flack he catches, he's been a very nice addition this year. Hopefully he can keep it going

Brad Stevens
07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Who are you talking to?

msstate7
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Who are you talking to?

Obviously, not you*

My fellow brave fans

starkvegasdawg
07-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Who are you talking to?

All the braves fans that frequent this board.

MetEdDawg
07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
He's been pretty solid no doubt. A lot better than I expected him to be. It's helped that he's gotten run support though. His WHIP is 1.38, he's 2nd highest among Braves starters in pitches per inning at 16.7, and his OBP against is .331. But he always seems to be able to get big outs and get through that extra inning that Fredi is so famous for wanting starters to go that end up biting us so much. He's been a bulldog this year. Just going out, eating innings, doing his thing, and getting it done.

He's saved the bullpen an extra inning in probably 1/3 to 1/2 the games he's pitched in so far and that has been huge. Every inning we can save them with the way Fredi uses the bullpen is good.

On another note, really like these 4 out save opportunities we are getting Kimbrel. Not going to see another playoff situation like last year where Kimbrel doesn't come in if we can get in this year. I think that's his 2nd 4 out save this year and there will most likely be more in the 2nd half of the year.

KB21
07-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Harang has produced for the Braves this year, but at some point, the bloom on the rose is going to fall off. He's pitching far above his career norms this season, and at some point, regression will occur. The carriage will turn back into a pumpkin.

msstate7
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Harang has produced for the Braves this year, but at some point, the bloom on the rose is going to fall off. He's pitching far above his career norms this season, and at some point, regression will occur. The carriage will turn back into a pumpkin.

If he can keep it up till minor gets right, I'll be happy.

Brad Stevens
07-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Forgive me, kind gentlemen. I don't follow MLB at all, so a thread with a name as a title and no context means nothing to me. It almost seemed like it was meant as a DM or text message or something.

huffy
07-10-2014, 10:30 PM

+1

msstate7
07-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Forgive me, kind gentlemen. I don't follow MLB at all, so a thread with a name as a title and no context means nothing to me. It almost seemed like it was meant as a DM or text message or something.

I'll try to remember putting braves in thread title

MetEdDawg
07-10-2014, 10:33 PM

I hope he gets right. I hate fly ball pitchers, but I really really hate fly ball pitchers that give up home runs. I'm afraid that is Minor and that he will never change from that. He's only pitched 77 innings for us this year and has given up 14 homers. The next closest on the team is Teheran with 12 HR's allowed, but he's done it in 52 more innings pitched than Minor. That's not going to cut it and neither is his 4.54 ERA

huffy
07-10-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm with 7. I'm still holding on to hope for Minor.

shoeless joe
07-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Harang has already helped the squad above and beyond what coulda been hoped for and I'm not even talkin bout wins. Eating innings is a big deal over the course of the season and that's what he's been able to do. If he could get to 13-14 wins that will be icing on the cake.

As for minor I think he'll be fine in the long run if his career but he has a few things to work out. Giving up home runs isn't a reason to give up on him. If he can avoid the walks then those homers will most likely be of the solo variety and that you can live with.

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Gives us a strong 7 innings tonight of 1-run baseball to win his 9th game (ERA now 3.53). For all the flack he catches, he's been a very nice addition this year. Hopefully he can keep it going

I agree he's been good. Way better than we had any right to expect. That's why I say it's time to sell high on him. You know the wheels are going to come off eventually and he'll revert to the 4+ ERA pitcher he's been for years. Get what we can for him, put Hale into the rotation.

We also need to cut Uggla or trade him for a box of ball, just get him the hell out of the clubhouse. Sure, he's a model teammate. But we're essentially only playing with 24 so long as he's on the roster, and that's going to be a major liability at some point. We need to free up the space on the bench and get a guy who can actually play. Let Uggla become someone else's headache. It's best for all parties involved for him to move on at this point.