PDA

View Full Version : By Far Best Schedule in Mullen's Tenure

BeastMan
07-10-2014, 07:34 PM
http://3rdand57.com/a-deeper-look-at-msus-schedule-and-its-setup/

I haven't seen the schedule discussed in this way. What do you guys think?

engie
07-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Great analysis. Didn't realize the extent that we're kinda a trap game for both Auburn and Alabama...

BeastMan
07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Great analysis. Didn't realize the extent that we're kinda a trap game for both Auburn and Alabama...

It's wild when you look at it. Add in that our biggest trap game is Vandy and that has to make you feel good.

CadaverDawg
07-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Excellent read. I had not looked at the schedule that in depth, and it sets up great in my opinion. I agree about Vandy being a potential trap, but I am just glad they will be Franklin-less and Matthews-less. Also, I totally agree about Kentucky. That is one game that I did look at the schedule for, and is one of a couple reasons why people should quit worrying so much about this game. We'll be ready, and they'll be beat up.

Good stuff, BeastMan. Enjoyed it.

Political Hack
07-10-2014, 08:23 PM
I've been worried about that Vandy game since I saw they have a bye before it. Also it's late in the season and it'll either be a "play your guts out for the new coach" or fold type game. Teams with first year coaches can get a lot better during those bye weeks.

I've been predicting us to win the A&M game because it's bad timing for them and in Vegas. Huge advantage for us.

Avoid the trap game and take advantage of the schedule and it's a 9-10 win season.

Coach34
07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
good analysis- the schedule is a huge factor for a team's success each season

BeastMan
07-11-2014, 10:13 AM
good analysis- the schedule is a huge factor for a team's success each season

Thanks. You're right and this year's has all the right stuff

PassInterference
07-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Sure is nice not hearing the broken record playing "State could be better but their record won't show it...schedule..blah blah blah".

Political Hack
07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
it's always the schedule that matters. there are a few swing games that determine the season. this year we have a lot of swing games though: A&M, Auburn, & OM. You could even argue LSU and Arkansas are swing games. I promise you Arky isn't conceding our game as a loss and they may be a decent team with a poor record.

cbrunt29
07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
it's always the schedule that matters. there are a few swing games that determine the season. this year we have a lot of swing games though: A&M, Auburn, & OM. You could even argue LSU and Arkansas are swing games. I promise you Arky isn't conceding our game as a loss and they may be a decent team with a poor record.
I agree with you about Arkansas. I think they're better than people think.

drunkernhelldawg
07-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Love the way you keep it simple and make it compelling. Perfect.

BeastMan
07-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Love the way you keep it simple and make it compelling. Perfect.

That's funny b/c simple may be the only way I'm capable of writing. Thanks for the kind words sir