PDA

View Full Version : Hearing that DE we got- Coleman- is going to RS

Coach34
07-10-2014, 03:41 PM
something about grades/SEC rule. He can enroll but has to sit and RS

CadaverDawg
07-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Is he the Juco guy? If so, that may be a good thing. He can avoid that unproductive Jr year many Juco guys have

DudyDawg
07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Okay with that. We seem deep enough to not miss him too much this year, especially if Nick can be a player and give CJ more chances to move outside.

jumbo
07-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Probably for the best.

sandwolf
07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Who am I forgetting about at DE? Because as far as true DE's go, I can't really come up with that much depth. Preston Smith, AJ Jefferson, and Ryan Brown have all played and produced.....after that I see John Harris, Torrey Dale, and Trent Simpson, none of whom have proven anything on the field. So, I definitely would have like for Coleman to have at least been an option for us this fall.

CadaverDawg
07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Who am I forgetting about at DE? Because as far as true DE's go, I can't really come up with that much depth. Preston Smith, AJ Jefferson, and Ryan Brown have all played and produced.....after that I see John Harris, Torrey Dale, and Trent Simpson, none of whom have proven anything on the field. So, I definitely would have like for Coleman to have at least been an option for us this fall.

Jones and Eulls have both played outside if we somehow have to go 5 or 6 deep. Or McKinney. We're fine at DE.

smootness
07-10-2014, 04:48 PM

I would like to have Coleman this year, but it's not a desperate need. The first three you mentioned have all proven themselves to be at least solid DEs, and that's not a bad start. I've also heard very good things about Simpson, and several have said for a while that Dale has a ton of talent. If our DTs are as good as advertised this year, it will allow our DEs more freedom, and I think you'll see them be very productive.

bulldawg28
07-10-2014, 06:30 PM

6 DE's are plenty. Only the 1st and 2nd teamers play anyways and can play either side so we should be fine. With all the LB's we have they could be plugged in for a faster rush.

paco
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I am glad that it worked out for him to RS. I think it is a win-win.

drummerdawg
07-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Wasn't Cory Thomas a DE in hs? He's a freshman but he at least adds a body to the position.

hailmari
07-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Cory Thomas is over 300 lbs now. He's put on the weight for DT. Narrow shoulders- gives up some leverage at the end spot.