PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: 10 Things You Wish You'd Done in College

Johnson85
07-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Seemed like a good topic during a slow sports week.

Goat Holder
07-10-2014, 03:45 PM
1 - Chose a major more wisely, and cared more
2 - Gone to the Refuge more
3 - Played more golf instead of laying by the pool and other dumb shit during the day
4 - Drank less, at least binge-type drinking

That's about it.

ETA: Gotten some sort of interesting menial job somewhere, so I could have had at least a little bit of money during those first few years, and not been such a shit-head.

RossDawg82
07-10-2014, 03:47 PM
hard drugs

DudyDawg
07-10-2014, 03:52 PM
3. Goat, did you go to state when that golf course we have now was there, or before? I'm still in school and go play there as often as possible. Outstanding course for a college kid to play, especially considering I can charge it to my student account.

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2014, 03:55 PM
1) I graduated a semester early - should have stayed and finished a double major I was working on that would have been very useful in my career
2) Gone to Omaha (even though we never made it when I was there 91-94)
3) Drank less my Freshman year so I could have drank more my Jr/Sr years
4) More road trips to football games

That's about it - I lived it up pretty well and did some fun shit, made great friends, did stupid things, and met my wife. Not a bad 3.5 year run.

Coach34
07-10-2014, 04:06 PM
1) Not asked my ex-wife out on a date
2) Drank less
3) HGH
4) Worked out harder so that I would have been a 4 year player- not 2
5) Not asked ex-wife out on a date

Goat Holder
07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
3. Goat, did you go to state when that golf course we have now was there, or before? I'm still in school and go play there as often as possible. Outstanding course for a college kid to play, especially considering I can charge it to my student account.

I don't know, I didn't play golf at all until I was out of college. I guess that's the main regret, just playing more golf in my free time back then so I'd be better at it now.

Are you talking about MSU's course? If so, I agree it's a great deal. I assume it was there back then. The one out by Cowbells was open back in those days, I do know that.

Johnson85
07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
College was pretty much awesome as it was, so there are really just tweaks, but:

1. Spent less time sitting around. I spent too many days sleeping off 'hang overs' (I had no idea what a real hangover was) when I could have been out doing stuff.
2. Stayed in shape. Would have been so easy to exercise an hour a day then and I didn't do it. One of the things I'd done if I spent less time sitting around.
3. Played more golf. Another thing to do instead of sitting around.
4. Gone to class. School would have been so easy if I had just gone to class and been attentive. Still did ok but made it much harder on myself than I should have.
5. Been less picky.
6. Done less drinking for drinking. So many nights that we drank until 4 am when the last two hours of it nothing much was going on and it was almost like we were doing it for a job. Of course there were also some legendary nights that I'm not sure would have happened if we hadn't done that, so maybe this isn't a good one.
7. Cook out more. Hardly ever did this in college and don't know why.
8. Done more road trips. Never thought I had the money, but I really could have figured it out if I had prioritized.

missouridawg
07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Started facebook.

DudyDawg
07-10-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't know, I didn't play golf at all until I was out of college. I guess that's the main regret, just playing more golf in my free time back then so I'd be better at it now.

Are you talking about MSU's course? If so, I agree it's a great deal. I assume it was there back then. The one out by Cowbells was open back in those days, I do know that.
Yes, I'm talking about the school one. It's in amazing shape for a course used by college students

starkvegasdawg
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Seemed like a good topic during a slow sports week.

The girl in the apartment above me.

Pioneer Dawg
07-10-2014, 04:55 PM
1. Started saving money
2. More baseball roadtrips. made most of the SEC football stadiums
3. I'll agree on golf
4. Gone to core classes less
5. Agree with Goat on choosing a major
6. Used my student ID instead of season tickets at baseball games. Cost me a steak dinner with Cohen (perfect attendance)

RAYn_Man
07-10-2014, 05:06 PM
6. Used my student ID instead of season tickets at baseball games. Cost me a steak dinner with Cohen (perfect attendance)

So you're pretty young, eh?

Pioneer Dawg
07-10-2014, 05:09 PM
So you're pretty young, eh?

May or may not still be enrolled*

HereComesTheSpiral
07-10-2014, 05:15 PM
1.) Pick a better major
2.) Not gone to class hungover every morning my freshman year so my GPA matched my BAC from the night before
3.) Would not do summer school every so college would have lasted longer
4.) Gone to more away football games

hacker
07-10-2014, 05:34 PM
****ed less bitches
got worse grades
got a shittier job when I graduated
missed a football game

Drugdog
07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Done a certain phi mu on home plate at DNF.

sleepy dawg
07-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Not have a girlfriend.
I had the same girl throughout college. Granted, I probably got laid more than most without a girlfriend, but I would've taken less often for more quantity of girls... of course that could've also backfired into no layings at all.

Not to mention all the times I wanted to go out, but didn't so we could watch some stupid movie.

LC Dawg
07-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Studied

hailmari
07-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I would almost say choose my major sooner, but not doing so gave me an extra couple years of the college life.

1) Be more social early on.
2) Never get hung up on just one girl.
3) Stress less, throw football and drink beer in the parking lot more.
4) Get adopted by a couple that could pay my way through school so I wouldn't be loan-saturated right now. (hung your damn parents hard if you didn't pay a cent)
5) Not gain my sophomore thirty. I had to quit drinking just to catch back up to shape.
6) Don't be picky. Not worth it.

EngineerDawg
07-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I think I split my time between studying and going out pretty evenly. Tough balance but enjoyed my time in stark!

sleepy dawg
07-10-2014, 10:56 PM
After a little more thought, I have decided to take mine back.

I wouldn't do anything different. College was the absolute best time of my life... as close to perfect as I'll ever have again.

Jack Lambert
07-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Not have a girlfriend.
I had the same girl throughout college. Granted, I probably got laid more than most without a girlfriend, but I would've taken less often for more quantity of girls... of course that could've also backfired into no layings at all.

Not to mention all the times I wanted to go out, but didn't so we could watch some stupid movie.

You could have always drove north to get laid.