07-09-2014, 10:35 PM
To the board's most knowledgeable baseball poster

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/144248-2/Baseball_grenade.gif

TheRef
07-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Classic GIF is classic.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 11:41 PM
As a Cardinals fan, I'll trade you Lance Lynn straight up for Maholm despite Lynn having a higher WAR and being much younger.

nm

Todd4State
07-09-2014, 11:48 PM
And I'm the one with an agenda. LOL.

But the really funny thing is, if I'm not mistaken you kind of agreed with me in that thread because of Lynn's massive run support last year. And on top of that, that post was made about two days after Lynn was being an asshole and showing up his teammates on the field- most notably Matt Carpenter- and the Cardinals had to address the matter in a press conference.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Pioneer is getting thrashed in the summer league thread for any of those that care to wonder if he has a clue about baseball. 4th-5th best hitter on your team should hit 3 hole...I still can't get a reason why...

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 11:58 PM
And I'm the one with an agenda. LOL.

But the really funny thing is, if I'm not mistaken you kind of agreed with me in that thread because of Lynn's massive run support last year.

Maholm career FIP of 4.18.....Lynn at 3.31

Lynn K's over 9 per 9 for his career.... Maholm is under 6 K's per 9 IP..

It's not close. Lynn by a mile.

That was my response

Todd4State
07-10-2014, 12:06 AM
That was my response

That's fine. I just think it's pretty funny that someone is slinging mud over a message board award.

Right now I'm just praying that you don't have a dancing Napoleon Dynamite in your back pocket.**

RAYn_Man
07-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Maholm is a ground ball pitcher so I don't really see how comparing K rates determines who is the better pitcher.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2014, 10:07 AM
It's him picking out stats to make whatever he is arguing about look in his favor. Whether it's relevant or not be damned. I don't see how anyone can think he really knows the game of baseball. He can read and regurgitate stats in an argument well...until they are proven irrelevant to the argument and he childishly withdraws from the real conversation.

DudyDawg
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Its amazingly ironic that throughout these whole "awards" you've trolled engine and todd for campaigning, cred, and having "followers" (which, by the way, is just people who agree with them because their points make sense, not because of who they are), yet you're the one doing campaigning. Don't understand how you don't see the irony in that

Pioneer Dawg
07-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Its amazingly ironic that throughout these whole "awards" you've trolled engine and todd for campaigning, cred, and having "followers" (which, by the way, is just people who agree with them because their points make sense, not because of who they are), yet you're the one doing campaigning. Don't understand how you don't see the irony in that

Oh no I'd like to win the award, sure. I'm just not going to change my opinion to be "anti-Will" to try to promote my "cred".

Pioneer Dawg
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Maholm is a ground ball pitcher so I don't really see how comparing K rates determines who is the better pitcher.

1. Its a HUGE difference in rates

2. K's are very good for pitchers.

3. Their HUGE FIP difference does show who is by far the better pitcher

DudyDawg
07-10-2014, 10:45 AM
You just tried to promote yourself.

THERE IS NO ANTI-WILL OPINION. Some people agree with you, some don't. Some agree with Todd/Engine, some don't. That is not any kind of agenda. Thats just people's thinking falling in line with someone. I fail to see how there is some kind of team of people who oppose you at all costs. People just disagree, you're the only one who sees some kind of anti-Will agenda.

RAYn_Man
07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
K's are fascist. Groundball pitchers are usually better than their stats indicate, and strikeout pitchers usually have inflated "stats". Nature of the beast.

Pioneer Dawg
07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
K's are fascist. Groundball pitchers are usually better than their stats indicate, and strikeout pitchers usually have inflated "stats". Nature of the beast.

Use of examples please