PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Report

TheRef
07-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Lebron reportedly going back to Cleveland according to Wojo at Yahoo.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Cleveland is finalizing a trade with the Nets to get rid of Jarrett Jack, clearing out more cap space for Lebron

TheRef
07-09-2014, 06:52 PM
And Chris Broussard of ESPN denies the report....This is why I hate reports

DudyDawg
07-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Really, really amazed that lebron is not likely to Cleveland. Since when he opted out everyone, reporters, myself, most of us, thought it was to restructure. I gotta think something happened to push him away from the Heat

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
all of you who said I was an idiot for suggesting this are now required to vote for me in the 2015 basketball category.****

He can build a freaking powerhouse there if this comes through.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2014, 07:39 PM
They will also acquire Kevin Love

Dawg61
07-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Cavs are also trying to get Love paired up with LeBron. Would cost them Wiggins and more though.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
If he really wants to build a power why is he demanding the max?

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Kyrie, Lebron, Wiggins......that group could be lethal. Especially if they get a big to go with them.

Dawg61
07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Kyrie, Lebron, Wiggins......that group could be lethal.

All #1 overall draft picks and oh yea the Cavs also have another #1 pick in Anthony Bennett if he ever becomes worth something. Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Varejao aren't horrible either.

hacker
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Wiggins will be gone if they get Love. Kyrie, Lebron, Love tho. They are talking to Mike Miller, Ray Allen, as well.

Wojo just reported that Lebron left the meeting with Pat Riley without signing anything. Hoooooly shit, this may actually happen.

MetEdDawg
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
If he really wants to build a power why is he demanding the max?

This is why 99.9% of these athletes that say all they care about are championships are lying through their teeth. Why does a Pujols need 27 million a year? Why does a Carmelo need 25 million a year? Why does Lebron need 25-30 million a year? Either they don't understand that those types of salaries hamstring their teams or they don't care. Then there are aging former stars like the A Rods of the world or the Kobe's of the world that aren't giving anywhere close to their value on the field, so they take up a bunch of salary space, but don't give nearly their value back to their team.

Most of them don't really measure success by championships, they measure by their total worth in dollars. I mean most of them make tens of millions of dollars outside of basketball in endorsements and other things. Why do you need a max contract? Give up 5-10 million per year, free up cap space for your team and allow them to go get guys that will help you get championships.

I rarely listen to Colin Cowherd, but he made a great point the other day. Teams are beginning to pay players more and more for past services and time served even though the current product isn't worth nearly what they are being paid and teams are being hamstrung because of it. I know Brian McCann isn't a superstar, but he's an example of what Colin was talking about. Braves were getting diminishing returns from him and his health was getting worse and worse. Games played were going to get lower. But he wanted $12 million. He wasn't worth it so the Braves let him go even though he was one of the most popular Braves and began his career with the organization.

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Has he scheduled a selection special show yet?

TheRef
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Has he scheduled a selection special show yet?

He will be announcing on his website. No TV

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't think Wiggins is going to be a great pro. Solid? Absolutely...star? No. Just my opinion. So, that being said, if they go Love in a trade for their draft pick or Wiggins, it would be a huge win. Lebron, Kyrie, and Love would easily win the East. Especially since Melo may be headed to the West, and the Heat would be back to rebuild mode.

But I'm not a basketball guru, just my opinion

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
He will be announcing on his website. No TV

Seriously? Or is that a joke?

If serious, has he said when?

TheRef
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Seriously? Or is that a joke?

If serious, has he said when?

Straight from LeBron and he hasn't set a date

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Straight from LeBron and he hasn't set a date

Ha, hilarious. He said "Eff You" to anyone that bashed his "taking my talents to South Beach" presser.

Todd4State
07-09-2014, 08:32 PM
This is why 99.9% of these athletes that say all they care about are championships are lying through their teeth. Why does a Pujols need 27 million a year? Why does a Carmelo need 25 million a year? Why does Lebron need 25-30 million a year? Either they don't understand that those types of salaries hamstring their teams or they don't care. Then there are aging former stars like the A Rods of the world or the Kobe's of the world that aren't giving anywhere close to their value on the field, so they take up a bunch of salary space, but don't give nearly their value back to their team.

Most of them don't really measure success by championships, they measure by their total worth in dollars. I mean most of them make tens of millions of dollars outside of basketball in endorsements and other things. Why do you need a max contract? Give up 5-10 million per year, free up cap space for your team and allow them to go get guys that will help you get championships.

I rarely listen to Colin Cowherd, but he made a great point the other day. Teams are beginning to pay players more and more for past services and time served even though the current product isn't worth nearly what they are being paid and teams are being hamstrung because of it. I know Brian McCann isn't a superstar, but he's an example of what Colin was talking about. Braves were getting diminishing returns from him and his health was getting worse and worse. Games played were going to get lower. But he wanted $12 million. He wasn't worth it so the Braves let him go even though he was one of the most popular Braves and began his career with the organization.

With Pujols, he had won a couple of championships, so I think he was more inclined to want to get paid. He was pissed at the Cardinals for not offering him more than A-Rod and he wanted the 10 years along with it as well.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 08:45 PM
The thing with some of these guys, mostly in basketball, i that their success windfall income from endorsements would GREATY outweigh the few million in salary.

Think Lebron isn't losing out on not winning the Finals? He wants to be the next Jordan? Not with 2 rings. Take less now. Win big. Get endorsements. Get staying power. Become a billionaire.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
I bet Wade feels like a giant dumbass for opting out now. Did the Heat a great service for their coming rebuild.

PendingTransaction
07-09-2014, 09:00 PM

CAPITALISM!