PDA

View Full Version : Media Day Representatives

TheRef
07-09-2014, 03:15 PM
MSU will be sending:

S Jay Hughes
MLB Benardrick McKinney
QB Dak Prescott

In other news: TAMU is sending their punter.....yes.....their punter.

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2014, 03:18 PM
With their QB gone, WR gone, two best o-linemen gone, and nobody on the defense worth a fart in a noisemaker the punter was about their only option. I bet he sees the field quite a bit this year.

mic
07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Hughes is a soild guy to send there. Smart move by CDM and staff...

MetEdDawg
07-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Hughes is a soild guy to send there. Smart move by CDM and staff...

Should tell you what they think of him. Pretty sure they thought pretty highly of him last year too. There are a lot of seniors they could have sent that would have done fine, but I love Hughes going.

Todd4State
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
MSU will be sending:

S Jay Hughes
MLB Benardrick McKinney
QB Dak Prescott

In other news: TAMU is sending their punter.....yes.....their punter.

Sending the punter to media days sounds like something Croom would do.

engie
07-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Best MSU group since we've been doing it. Just wish there was a way for Chris Jones to go as well.

justwin
07-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Up to me I sandbag a little & send Hughes (b/c of the QB of the defense), Nick Griffin (b/c I think that gives him some recognition and we desperately need a big year from him, great personality), Jameon Lewis (b/c I'd like to hear ad nauseum from the media how good the "slot" position is in Mullen's offense dating back to Harvin - Bump - now Lewis).

Just think that Dak & BMac are going to get a ton of exposure throughout the year already.

2015 I send Dak (going into sr year), Justin Malone (very bright, articulate), Taveze Calhoun (epitome of a Mullen success story).

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Essentially, 3 guys that shouldn't provide any bulletin board material or say anything interesting. Smart move by Mullen, but as a fan, I want a guy like Chris Jones there who just says what he thinks. Otherwise, Media Days is just a boring as hell joke and serves no real purpose. There's a reason the Ol' Ball Coach always draws a big crowd every year. You never know what he'll say or who he'll take a shot at.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Up to me I sandbag a little & send Hughes (b/c of the QB of the defense), Nick Griffin (b/c I think that gives him some recognition and we desperately need a big year from him, great personality), Jameon Lewis (b/c I'd like to hear ad nauseum from the media how good the "slot" position is in Mullen's offense dating back to Harvin - Bump - now Lewis).

Just think that Dak & BMac are going to get a ton of exposure throughout the year already.

2015 I send Dak (going into sr year), Justin Malone (very bright, articulate), Taveze Calhoun (epitome of a Mullen success story).

Not sending Dak would be about the dumbest thing ever.

MetEdDawg
07-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Not sending Dak would be about the dumbest thing ever.

Agreed and same goes for McKinney. You send you captains and your leaders. Those two are no brainers. SEC Media days isn't about getting exposure for people others may not have heard of or sandbagging so people don't think you might be good. It's about sending the people who will best represent your university and clearly state your team's message and their goals. Hughes as the third guy will do just that and will stay humble and to the point just as Dak and McKinney will.

However, I will say that I expect Dak and McKinney to have a great deal of confidence during Media Days. Think they are going to continue to bring the message that we belong and that this team has the talent to compete with anyone and they won't be phased by any question they get asked.

TheRef
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Crap...media is sad that Chris Jones isn't going.