PDA

View Full Version : What Does This Mean?

Count Istvan Teleky
07-09-2014, 01:07 PM
http://msbusiness.com/blog/2014/07/08/ole-miss-offering-new-system-sports-fans/#utm_source=WhatCounts+Publicaster+Edition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MBJ+E-Bulletin+%e2%80%94+Cruz+backs+runoff+investigation %3b+tea+party+group+calls+Cochran+%27scum%27&utm_content=Ole+Miss+offering+new+beacon+technolog y+for+sports+fans

I read this several times and wasn't sure exactly how this enhances the fan experience.

jumbo
07-09-2014, 01:18 PM
sounds like an attempt to get more people to actually go to their games instead of staying in the grove

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
is it essentially a voluntary tracking device to see who goes to the game and who doesn't?

Martianlander
07-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Hope it will track who watches their recruiting app. After all isn't that the important thing?**

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2014, 03:09 PM
It shows the user how close they are to the nearest recruiting assistance cash drop boxes located across the campus and tracks how much they have donated for loyalty points.

Harrydawg
07-09-2014, 04:27 PM
This is an official "I don't give a 17 ap"

This way they will know who is just there to
party and not support the team. Very smart

codeDawg
07-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Companies have been trying to get consumers to opt into location based push services for year. Nobody likes it. It's just invasive marketing crap. "Did somebody text me? Damn it, another offer for hot dogs since I walked by the stand for the 10th time." Delete app.

Allowing you to use your phone as a ticket without having to scan the device would be interesting, but everything I've seen just opens the ticket for you on the app.

sleepy dawg
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
I think it's a brilliant idea. I could see the younger generation really making use of it. It will provide a way to send info to fans during the game with a personalized touch. If it catches on, this could get some extra marketing revenue off of it.