PDA

View Full Version : Which of these would be the sweetest potential football win this season for you?

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
@ LSU
@ Alabama
vs Auburn

I'm going to have to go with @LSU for me. It really gets under my skin that we haven't beaten them in so long and to do it in Death Valley would just be the icing on the cake. I would love to beat Alabama but if I had to choose it would be LSU. I almost expect us to beat Auburn this year so long as they actually have to follow the same rules we do and get 10 yards for a first down and whatnot.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:52 PM
@LSU, for the reason you point out. Haven't beaten them since '99. Only once in like the last 25 years. Beating them would be about as sweet as it gets, but to do it in Death Valley? Ohhhhh myyyyyy.

TexasDawg
07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
@LSU simply because that is the longest losing streak in the group and it is our first conference game so we would have a ton of confidence and momentum for the rest of SEC play

Covercorner2
07-09-2014, 12:58 PM
@LSU.... and I will be there

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
@Alabama .... Biggest fish this year.. They're likely to be #1 when we play them.

BulldogBear
07-09-2014, 01:19 PM
LSU straight up.

But if the choice was a basic W against LSU or a beatdown of Auburn, I might be tempted to take another L in BR (used to it) and a 38-7 over the most preseason overrated team in the SEC (Auburn)

curmudgeon
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Any answer that is not at LSU is insane.

If we can win at LSU, I'll take another beatdown in Tuscaloosa in a heartbeat, because we're going to be 11-1 and SEC West Champs. We're beating Auburn no matter what.

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Step outside the MSU prism and think nationally... the obvious answer is @Bama. If Dak rolls into Bama at 7-2 and knocks off the number 1 team in the nation he's headed to NYC with a shot to win the Heisman.

Johnson85
07-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Step outside the MSU prism and think nationally... the obvious answer is @Bama. If Dak rolls into Bama at 7-2 and knocks off the number 1 team in the nation he's headed to NYC with a shot to win the Heisman.

I'm not sure that's going to be the case this year. Bama and LSU have to replace a lot. Obviously they are good at reloading rather than rebuilding, but it's never guaranteed. I think Bama will be better than LSU this year (I actually think LSU is going to be down but that's become a broken clock is right twice a day prediction for me), but I would not be shocked for LSU and Auburn to be better than Bama this year.

BossDawg
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
That's tough. I was gonna say Bama at first because they will in all likelihood be a better team than LSU, but it has been entirely too long since we've beaten them. It would be nice to take them in their own house.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM

If we can win at LSU, I'll take another beatdown in Tuscaloosa in a heartbeat, because we're going to be 11-1 and SEC West Champs. We're beating Auburn no matter what.

ANNNNDDDDD who was it that called this? Folks start lining up and getting on the wagon cause we going to pull it off.

1998Dawg
07-09-2014, 01:40 PM
@Bama - they'll be a top 5 team and it would launch us in to a whole new level of momentum.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
@ LSU
@ Alabama
vs Auburn

I'm going to have to go with @LSU for me. It really gets under my skin that we haven't beaten them in so long and to do it in Death Valley would just be the icing on the cake. I would love to beat Alabama but if I had to choose it would be LSU. I almost expect us to beat Auburn this year so long as they actually have to follow the same rules we do and get 10 yards for a first down and whatnot.

I agree COMPLEATLY!!

engie
07-09-2014, 02:00 PM
@ LSU
@ Alabama
vs Auburn

It'll also be the first conference/big game in the expanded 100k seat Tiger Stadium -- and very likely to be an ESPN night game. Les Miles is 36-2 under the lights as HC @ LSU -- I believe both losses coming to eventual national champions...

Win that game and the whole country starts to believe that we're legitimate contenders, Dak Prescott fully becomes a household name and is on everyone's Heisman ballots, and the race is on for the rest of the season. It's the first one. That's why it's the biggest one for us at this point.

msstate7
07-09-2014, 02:03 PM
It'll also be the first conference/big game in the expanded 100k seat Tiger Stadium -- and very likely to be an ESPN night game. Les Miles is 36-2 under the lights as HC @ LSU.

Win that game and the whole country starts to believe that we're legitimate contenders, Dak Prescott fully becomes a household name and is on everyone's Heisman ballots, and the race is on for the rest of the season. It's the first one. That's why it's the biggest one for us at this point.

Not only does the nation realize we're contenders our team believes it even more.

Martianlander
07-09-2014, 02:07 PM
LSU, and I don't want to be overly optimistic, but I'm not writing off any game till we play it. We should be competitive in all games, and hopefully with some experienced players we'll pull them out.

Goat Holder
07-09-2014, 02:26 PM
LSU straight up.

But if the choice was a basic W against LSU or a beatdown of Auburn, I might be tempted to take another L in BR (used to it) and a 38-7 over the most preseason overrated team in the SEC (Auburn)

My thoughts exactly.

Goat Holder
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
It'll also be the first conference/big game in the expanded 100k seat Tiger Stadium -- and very likely to be an ESPN night game. Les Miles is 36-2 under the lights as HC @ LSU -- I believe both losses coming to eventual national champions...

And think of the media blowjob we'll get from Prescott beating his home state school that didn't recruit him until the end. In addition to the recruiting bump in Louisiana we will get.

godlluB
07-09-2014, 02:31 PM
LSU is our real rival.

tcdog70
07-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Bama-because they are the biggest Dickheads and if you live in East Ms--then it has to be the RTRers

LC Dawg
07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Alabama because I dislike their fan base more than LSU's. Auburn's at home so if we can't win it we probably don't need to be worrying about winning in Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. The only thing negative about us winning in Tuscaloosa is that Finebaum's ratings would probably go up from all the crazies calling in wondering if they had screwed up by naming their newborn daughter Nickina Saban.

spudd21
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
LSU

Hypnodawg
07-09-2014, 02:56 PM
LSU is our real rival.

I think you have to win every now and then to call someone a rival. That said, I hope we skull drag them this year.

Coach34
07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I live in Louisiana. Please let it be LSU. The satisfaction plus the comedy locally would be awesome

DudyDawg
07-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Matt Stevens vote is for LSU. It was a write in vote

BulldogBear
07-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I'd love a win over LSU of course, but I have a notion that in so doing we will not necessarily get "the attention of the nation;" at least not at first... and not if LSU cruises to a "nice" 8-4 (my prediction) or worse, 7-5. I think the ESPN types will just put an asterik by the win unless LSU wins AT LEAST 9. You know, because they're "down," the tiredest media excuse why MSU wins any important game. Sick of that crap. We need to beat them like we did in the early 80s to get any real respect from the media.

godlluB
07-09-2014, 04:00 PM
I think you have to win every now and then to call someone a rival. That said, I hope we skull drag them this year.

I was making a joke about Ole Miss calling LSU their "real rival".

I'd personally vote for Bama. I was raised in Tennessee. I've hated Bama longer than I've been a Bulldog.

gravedigger
07-09-2014, 04:09 PM

New guy. FYI. "Lsu is our real rival" is said by the twenty something tools in Oxford who only think that because gran pappy told them so.

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd love a win over LSU of course, but I have a notion that in so doing we will not necessarily get "the attention of the nation;" at least not at first... and not if LSU cruises to a "nice" 8-4 (my prediction) or worse, 7-5. I think the ESPN types will just put an asterik by the win unless LSU wins AT LEAST 9. You know, because they're "down," the tiredest media excuse why MSU wins any important game. Sick of that crap. We need to beat them like we did in the early 80s to get any real respect from the media.

it'll be "LSU is down" and nothing will be made of Dak returning home to beat the Tigahs... Bama is the biggest game we can win this season. Any other suggestion is not considering the national perspective.

blacklistedbully
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
@ LSU
@ Alabama
vs Auburn

Since the question does not preclude winning the other two also, I'll go with LSU being the sweetest, in part because it would do wonders for our self-confidence going forward, get the media to take notice, get us in the polls quicker, so that when we do beat the other teams, we move higher up the rankings, etc. I also am sick & tired of losing to them, so it would have the added benefit of getting a huge monkey off our backs.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Hopefully this turns out better than your "ULL is garbage" baseball prediction.

Saltydog
07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
nt

Dawgcentral
07-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I might not be addressing the topic accurately, but I want two of three from Bama, LSU, and Auburn. Doesn't matter to me which two we beat. And I want a win in Never-Never Land at the end of the regular season. I think the rest of the schedule is going to be handled well enough.

sleepy dawg
07-09-2014, 07:22 PM
It's definitely Alabama for me. I know our history with LSU, but to me Alabama is THE team. LSU is "down" sometimes, and Auburn is down a lot. Saban's Bama is the #1 team every year to me until it is proven otherwise. And we would also get much more national credibility for beating Alabama.

Hypnodawg
07-09-2014, 07:29 PM
New guy. FYI. "Lsu is our real rival" is said by the twenty something tools in Oxford who only think that because gran pappy told them so.

I'm fully aware of what TSUN says, I lived there for 8 years. I'm just pissed that we haven't beat them since..99?... I made a bet that year with an LSU fan, loser had to give a piggyback ride to the winner all the way back to the apartment. Thank god we won as both of us were 250lbs. I still feel sorry for that sob, but I'd have carried him if it would have meant we beat them every game for the next 15 years. For the life of me I can't figure out why we play so poorly against LSU.

P.S. How the hell did my avatar not get in the vote list. Y'all must not have seen it in all its glory.