PDA

View Full Version : Nick Griffin

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 11:58 AM
You guys see the last few pics he has posted on FB? It is absolutely sick how huge that guys upper body is. He has some of the biggest arms ive ever seen. Last time I talked to him he is primed to be the number 2 back right behind JRob. It wouldn't surprise me to see him see 30 percent of the snaps. He is an absolute beast.

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Dude is definitely bulk.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10484813_10202326579547680_2530684011253999539_n.j pg?oh=fac556769a4f966a8d807343c4e083d6&oe=54485F8D&__gda__=1413341083_bf38044230fe5fe1441f5b2c13d51de f

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:10 PM
You guys see the last few pics he has posted on FB? It is absolutely sick how huge that guys upper body is. He has some of the biggest arms ive ever seen. Last time I talked to him he is primed to be the number 2 back right behind JRob. It wouldn't surprise me to see him see 30 percent of the snaps. He is an absolute beast.

I still think it'll be Shump as number 2 behind J-Rob. But I'd love to be wrong about that and have Griffin take that role. If anyone on the team "deserves" playing time, it's 7. Coming back from 2 ACL tears and still finding ways to contribute, even though it's a little differently than he did previously. Still think he'd be badass as a fullback for us. (I'm going to keep beating that drum, dammit.)

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
What if we go Diamond formation with Dak, JRob, Shump, and Griffin in the backfield? That's a lot of muscle running downhill at a D. Could you imagine a QB draw off tackle with Dak having those 3 as lead blockers? Holy wool growth, Batman.

hailmari
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
That dude was ripped like Rocky IV when he was a freshman.

Pollodawg
07-09-2014, 12:21 PM
What if we go Diamond formation with Dak, JRob, Shump, and Griffin in the backfield? That's a lot of muscle running downhill at a D. Could you imagine a QB draw off tackle with Dak having those 3 as lead blockers? Holy wool growth, Batman.

Exactly.

ScoobaDawg
07-09-2014, 12:25 PM

Really? you follow our players on facebook? Creeper.

No but I did see it when he posted on twitter instead...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsHdWI8IYAA574a.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br88m6oIQAAnvmH.jpg

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 12:28 PM

Whoa...that's almost too crazy to think about. That running attack would be nasty.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/shockeddropglass.gif

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Really? you follow our players on facebook? Creeper.

No but I did see it when he posted on twitter instead...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsHdWI8IYAA574a.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br88m6oIQAAnvmH.jpg

lol, I have known nick well before he was ever a star ball player.

preachermatt83

OMG! I just got WooL!

War Machine Dawg

That is pretty much the definition of "power running attack." Just thinking about that makes me feel like this:

http://i.imgur.com/EFscFAz.gif

Harrydawg
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Lord I hope it comes together for him this year!

Kid deserves it.....hard work, injury, back to work.

Love him, always positive.....

engie
07-09-2014, 01:29 PM
One thing about him that's overlooked that could get him on the field a bunch is his pass protection out of the backfield. Not sure I remember a RB handling this assignment any better.

I think we're going to see a good bit of I formation this year with Griff/Shump splitting that time. And a bunch of multi-back sets...

BossDawg
07-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Damn....you know he ready, ready.

(I'm not gay, nor was that meant to be heard it a gay way. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, anyway.)

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 01:34 PM
One thing about him that's overlooked that could get him on the field a bunch is his pass protection out of the backfield. Not sure I remember a RB handling this assignment any better.

I think we're going to see a good bit of I formation this year with Griff/Shump splitting that time. And a bunch of multi-back sets...

you sir are correct!

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Exactly, a very important part of a RB's job, and is precisely why Vick Ballard has done so well in the league, and what will likely get him his starting spot back post-injury.

Goat Holder
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Not sure why all of you are fired up about Shumpert, I bet he eventually moves to LB or S, especially with Williams and Dear coming in. A healthy Griffin is easily the #2 TB over him.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Not sure why all of you are fired up about Shumpert, I bet he eventually moves to LB or S, especially with Williams and Dear coming in. A healthy Griffin is easily the #2 TB over him.

agreed.

1998Dawg
07-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Do we have anymore post workout pics like the qb group one? I like to compare them to previous seasons and its interesting because you can tell how much better our guys are trained now thru muscle definition and pure mass.

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Do we have anymore post workout pics like the qb group one? I like to compare them to previous seasons and its interesting because you can tell how much better our guys are trained now thru muscle definition and pure mass.

Our secondary guys posted one last fall that was pretty intimidating.

1998Dawg
07-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Can you re-post it please? Must of missed it.

Leroy Jenkins
07-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Can you re-post it please? Must of missed it.

Here's one from last summer of the DBs at the midnight lift. Nikoe in the middle of the back row looking small.

http://02804cf22a6e7b7042d7-acae2c2628dcdf3f1dfc3ee4f6e97624.r48.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mississippi-state-midnight-lift-superheroes-570x361.jpg

DapperDawg
07-09-2014, 04:21 PM

We'll probably see that very sparingly this year...... #Mullensheadscratchers

hacker
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Damn....you know he ready, ready.

(I'm not gay, nor was that meant to be heard it a gay way. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, anyway.)

http://triggerplug.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/6ab.jpeg

Dawgcentral
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I've been wanting to see us run that formation since the Oklahoma St. Game last year. I know we ran some during the Rice Game, thoug I can't remember how many plays. Need to take a look back at that game. Seems like we have the perfect personnel to make it happen, and we have more than one guy that can throw the ball out of that formation. Tough to defend.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 06:11 PM
We could just lineup Dak, Williams, Staley, and Fitz back there and on the snap have all 4 run through a different gap...and have Day choose which to snap it to based on the Defense.**

State82
07-09-2014, 06:19 PM
If anyone on the team "deserves" playing time, it's 7. Coming back from 2 ACL tears and still finding ways to contribute, even though it's a little differently than he did previously. Still think he'd be badass as a fullback for us. (I'm going to keep beating that drum, dammit.)

You got that right. Agree wholeheartedly.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 06:31 PM
You got that right. Agree wholeheartedly.

Griffin is going down as one of my all-time favorite Bulldogs. He & Clarence McDougal both immediately come to mind as guys who had injuries that never let them live up to their full potential, but fought through it to contribute when they could've just as easily hung up the helmet. Gotta respect guys like that and who keep playing for love of Our State.