PDA

View Full Version : For you latte lovers

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Mississippi magazine has ranked 929 Coffee the #2 coffee shop in the state. Strange Brew came in 5th. I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't attest one way or the other but it sounds like you can get a decent cup of joe here in Starkvegas.

TheRef
07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Mississippi magazine has ranked 929 Coffee the #2 coffee shop in the state. Strange Brew came in 5th. I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't attest one way or the other but it sounds like you can get a decent cup of joe here in Starkvegas.

929 is unique in that they have the pour-over coffee variety in town. They also have some pretty good blends in town including some good Guatemalans with a more nutty aroma to the beans. SBCH is more of your on-the-run coffee but also has some very unique flavor combos that they're able to pull off because of the neighboring Coldstone that is owned by the same person. Also, SBCH has possibly the strongest social media standing in Starkville as far as communicating with the public. The Biscuit Shop is coming up as a close second on the social media. If you want to sit down and drink, 929 is the choice. If you want something relatively quick, go to Strangebrew.

Statefan
07-08-2014, 11:28 PM
929 does seem like more of a social scene and they have great coffee, but nothing beats Blueberry Cobbler at SBC

TheRef
07-08-2014, 11:28 PM
929 does seem like more of a social scene and they have great coffee, but nothing beats Blueberry Cobbler at SBC

Agreed. And all coffee is roasted right here in Mississippi.