07-08-2014, 10:44 PM
To the board's most knowledgeable football poster

http://www.gcathleticclub.com/jackie-sherrill-carriedLR.jpg

preachermatt83
07-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Croom got my vote

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm just wondering which game that was. I feel like I should recognize it, but I'm drawing a total blank. Probably going to feel really stupid once someone tells me. I kinda want to think it's '99 Auburn for some reason, though.

messageboardsuperhero
07-08-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm just wondering which game that was. I feel like I should recognize it, but I'm drawing a total blank. Probably going to feel really stupid once someone tells me. I kinda want to think it's '99 Auburn for some reason, though.

I want to say it's the Bama game from '97, but I could be wrong.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:15 AM

ETA Likely Bama in 1997

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 12:40 AM
http://bbac02.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/unclerico.gif

hacker
07-09-2014, 08:04 AM
what happened to c57 anyway?

drunkernhelldawg
07-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Tough call here. So many good ones here.

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 08:50 AM

that's it.

TrueMaroon
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM
covercorner2 usually has really solid insight.

Goat Holder
07-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Croom Diaries and War Machine Dawg really have no business on this list.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 11:22 AM

you are crazy. Croom Diaries should win this running away. The fact that he is not winning right now is staggering.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Goat and Will James(Pioneer) are like the Axis in a war with everyone else ... Heil Goat

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
covercorner2 usually has really solid insight.

agreed.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM

that's it.

And now I feel dumb. I knew the stadium background didn't look quite right for it to be Auburn.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 11:52 AM

http://i.imgur.com/rIlJcBM.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ZE6wi1z.gif

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 11:55 AM
you are crazy. Croom Diaries should win this running away. The fact that he is not winning right now is staggering.

Actually, it should be either C34 or C57. As much as I'd love win, I fully admit they both have a level of Xs & Ox knowledge I don't have that only comes from being an actual coach. I'm just honored that some of you think I do a good job with football and think I know a little something. All that said.....VOTE WMD!!!!!

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Actually, it should be either C34 or C57. As much as I'd love win, I fully admit they both have a level of Xs & Ox knowledge I don't have that only comes from being an actual coach. I'm just honored that some of you think I do a good job with football and think I know a little something. All that said.....VOTE WMD!!!!!

You are selling yourself short. I knw we don't always see eye to eye but you are a close 2nd in my book for this award. Right behind Croom.

preachermatt83
07-09-2014, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rIlJcBM.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ZE6wi1z.gif

+1

ScoobaDawg
07-09-2014, 12:02 PM
And now I feel dumb. I knew the stadium background didn't look quite right for it to be Auburn.

Beating Bama was huge to Jackie so thus why they are carrying him off the field.
See the Keefer sticker on the back of the helmet also.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Beating Bama was huge to Jackie so thus why they are carrying him off the field.
See the Keefer sticker on the back of the helmet also.

I still remember the "21" hand signal we used then. And yes, beating Bama was ALWAYS huge to The Kang, being his alma mater and all. I'm just glad they were never smart enough to hire him away. His style of football would have been awesome over there, plus he'd have Bama protection in 'crootin.

tcdog70
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I refereed several of Keefer's games at Motley (West Lowndes) and It was clear He was a Man against Boys . Plus he was a class person and outstanding student.

The Croom Diaries
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I think I'm the one who nominated Coach 57, ha.

I voted for Coach 34 though. He knows more about football than I do no doubt. 57 gets more technical, but 34 knows more about MSU and football itself. I know the record book, rosters, etc. front to back and I feel like I know the game but I don't know it as well as those two from a technical stand point. And WMD has a good football perspective which I enjoy...as well as Beast man. I'll take this nomination to be evidence that I can be a interesting football writer so thanks for those who voted for me, and prechermatt for the love....and goat for the hate.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 06:26 PM

I voted for Coach 34 though. He knows more about football than I do no doubt. 57 gets more technical, but 34 knows more about MSU and football itself. I know the record book, rosters, etc. front to back and I feel like I know the game but I don't know it as well as those two from a technical stand point. And WMD has a good football perspective which I enjoy...as well as Beast man. I'll take this nomination to be evidence that I can be a interesting football writer so thanks for those who voted for me, and prechermatt for the love....and goat for the hate.

Fairly certain that I nominated C57, too.

Agreed on all of that. Really enjoy your stuff, too, Croom. And I'd once aGAIN like to thank the board for nominating me and voting for me. I'm just glad you guys enjoy my stuff, are willing to read it, and think it's interesting.

And teaser alert: WMD might have some new football content in a few weeks......just gotta finish sitting for the damn TN Bar Exam at the end of this month. /I have no life or summer

JDog13
07-09-2014, 06:59 PM

C'mon you know you get all your info off your buddy Robbie's twitter feed.

The Croom Diaries
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
C'mon you know you get all your info off your buddy Robbie's twitter feed.

He needs to be getting his info from my twitter feed, ha. I wish I could win this award just to hold it over him, he will never admit I know anything. Good ole Robbie.