PDA

View Full Version : *****2014 StatMaster Award*****

CadaverDawg
07-08-2014, 10:23 PM
To the poster that utilizes, and maybe even dwells, on stats the most.

(This should be a fun one)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3031043/moneyball-fist-pump-o.gif

http://202.72.184.36/WebRoot/iinet/Shops/brolly_books/MediaGallery/COVERS/Little-engine_opt.gif

Coach34
07-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Engie- this one shouldnt even be close

messageboardsuperhero
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
We might need to put WJ on suicide watch if he doesn't win this one.

Pioneer Dawg
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
We might need to put WJ on suicide watch if he doesn't win this one.

Haha no I'm well aware of the "anti-Will" voting bloc from the limited intelligence crowd.

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Engie- this one shouldnt even be close

Gotta agree here. This one should be a blowout.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Haha no I'm well aware of the "anti-Will" voting bloc from the limited intelligence crowd.

Don't think that's it at all. Especially in the fact that this Will doesn't exist.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2014, 05:56 AM
To the poster that utilizes, and maybe even dwells, on stats the most.

(This should be a fun one)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3031043/moneyball-fist-pump-o.gif

http://202.72.184.36/WebRoot/iinet/Shops/brolly_books/MediaGallery/COVERS/Little-engine_opt.gif

Only thing that will keep the serf close

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Engine - Uses stats to bludgeon people into walking away from a discussion

WJ - Uses stats to show why he's right, engage in discussion, and make comprehension easier for readers providing numerous "aha" moments

Engine - Makes up false quotes, finds a graph taking up 3 scrolls of screen (usually of every D-1 team), draws arrows on it. Engine gonna Engine - making assumptions, arguing against those assumptions, person says "thats not what I said", Engine claims goal posts moved, Engine posts another graph, person doesn't want to address Engine's 2-3 tangents off from a simple basic discussion and walks away.. ***Dawg61 says easier for SEC team to make baseball round of 16 than basketball... Engine says WRONG overall look at how difficult it is for EVERYONE to make it... Dawg61- I wasn't talking everyone, just SEC... Engine- You lack logic!***

WJ - uses the quote feature better than anyone, simple and logical, easy to read and follow.

Engine- voter base of the ignorant anti-Will's

WJ - voter base of the thinking and logical

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Will, annoying 90% of the time
Engine, 60%

It will be a battle

DudyDawg
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm not anti-Will, but I voted for Engine bc he doesn't post 6 descriptions of why he should win. And uses stats better. But mostly the first thing

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm not anti-Will, but I voted for Engine bc he doesn't post 6 descriptions of why he should win. And uses stats better. But mostly the first thing

+1

engie
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Engine - Uses stats to bludgeon people into walking away from a discussion

WJ - Uses stats to show why he's right, engage in discussion, and make comprehension easier for readers providing numerous "aha" moments

Engine - Makes up false quotes, finds a graph taking up 3 scrolls of screen (usually of every D-1 team), draws arrows on it. Engine gonna Engine - making assumptions, arguing against those assumptions, person says "thats not what I said", Engine claims goal posts moved, Engine posts another graph, person doesn't want to address Engine's 2-3 tangents off from a simple basic discussion and walks away.. ***Dawg61 says easier for SEC team to make baseball round of 16 than basketball... Engine says WRONG overall look at how difficult it is for EVERYONE to make it... Dawg61- I wasn't talking everyone, just SEC... Engine- You lack logic!***

WJ - uses the quote feature better than anyone, simple and logical, easy to read and follow.

Engine- voter base of the ignorant anti-Will's

WJ - voter base of the thinking and logical

LOL @ this whiny diatribe in hypocrisy.

Seems you are out of alters to throw in their Phillip Sanderson ballot and conceding the curb stomping you are receiving. The funny thing is -- I haven't even voted -- nor do I care about any of these "awards" that you are so clearly basing your self-worth on(while claiming that to be what Todd/I do)...

Maybe I'll throw you a pity vote later on.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
LOL @ this whiny diatribe in hypocrisy.

Seems you are out of alters to throw in their Phillip Sanderson ballot and conceding the curb stomping you just received. The funny thing is -- I haven't even voted -- nor do I care about any of these "awards" that you are so clearly basing your self-worth on... Maybe I'll throw you a pity vote later on.

Keep that cred up Engine boy, I'm not after the lowest common denominator. I don't expect to win any. Perfectly happy holding my own opinion and letting it be known rather than fitting it to get "cred" or worse not even offering an opinion. You got exposed yesterday.

Why don't you go find someone with a different opinion of what "will happen" in your mind and give them a nice graph.

Political Hack
07-09-2014, 11:58 AM
it's like that Jeremiah short kid all over again. He was fun.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 12:34 PM
33-13?! This is like MSU vs Michigan in the Gator Bowl. The engine is running over Willie Beane.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
33-13?! This is like MSU vs Michigan in the Gator Bowl. The engine is running over Willie Beane.

He's built the "cred" have to give him that. Cheerleaders hate it when I am constantly proven right against Engine or mainly Todd.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
He's built the "cred" have to give him that. Cheerleaders hate it when I am constantly proven right against Engine or mainly Todd.

Well late tonight and tomorrow is the Most Knowledgeable Baseball poster Award....are we going to see you get rolled again? Better start shaking hands and kissing babies.

engie
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I love it when people are so unconcerned about "cred" that they write 8 paragraphs basically begging for it...

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
are we going to see you get rolled again?

Yeah I expect the pom squad to give that one to Todd. It won't be as big of a margin though, there are other deserving candidates listed. Messageboardsuperhero, AlSwearagen, KB21, myself, Engine, Coach, Goat, others are more deserving than Todd... Seriously its "most knowledgeable" and Todd routinely beclowns himself in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Lol at the troll votes for Todd in this ballot. Coach and WMD's posts gave the groupies the go-ahead to drop Todd for Engine 100%..(not that 34 and WMD are part of that group) Todd will have a good case in the recruiting poll but his dismissal of knowledge disqualifies him from consideration of "most knowledgeable about baseball" in my book.

Pioneer Dawg
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I love it when people are so unconcerned about "cred" that they write 8 paragraphs basically begging for it...

Your definition of "cred" is way off. I'm mocking your and Todd's poll tested opinions.

My actual credibility is solid based on the results. The "Will James was right"'s are far and wide. My "cred" isn't because I am not trying to be popular.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
I seen it dawg .... where are you when we need you ....you should do an IP ban on this guy for belittling everyone on this board
let the name Will & pioneer be stricken from the records..
let the names Will & Pioneer never be spoken again..

I seen it dawg
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
I seen it dawg .... where are you when we need you ....you should do an IP ban on this guy for belittling everyone on this board
let the name Will & pioneer be stricken from the records..
let the names Will & Pioneer never be spoken again..

Just throwing dirt on a grave