PDA

View Full Version : Top OM commit Willie Hibbler kicked off HS team....

Bob Sacamano
07-08-2014, 06:08 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/08/willie-hibbler-dismissed-from-north-panola/12382187/

He'll fit in nicely up north...

msstate7
07-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I feel sorry for these kids who were blessed with unbelievable talent and apparently nothing upstairs. Dang kid...

Dawgsrule
07-08-2014, 06:22 PM
What? Idk even know what to say about that. At least Staley had a reason for not playing with Wheeler anymore. This kid sounds like he just doesn't give a shit. What a team player hell fit in just fine

Dawghouse
07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Willie Hibbler held a press conference this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=kp

BeardoMSU
07-08-2014, 06:34 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/08/willie-hibbler-dismissed-from-north-panola/12382187/

Wasn't Elijah Staley kicked off his high school team? And despite not being on the team anymore, wasn't there a similar circumstance with Quay Evans?

Dawghouse
07-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Wasn't Elijah Staley kicked off his high school team? And despite not being on the team anymore, wasn't there a similar circumstance with Quay Evans?

If memory serves, Elijah left after a disagreement with his coach, not sure about Quay. This looks like he just decided to take the summer off. I bet he shows up when school starts and is back on the team before the first game. Doesn't look like the kid has done anything to deserve being kicked off other than going AWOL over the summer.

Goat Holder
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
If memory serves, Elijah left after a disagreement with his coach, not sure about Quay. This looks like he just decided to take the summer off. I bet he shows up when school starts and is back on the team before the first game. Doesn't look like the kid has done anything to deserve being kicked off other than going AWOL over the summer.

Bottom line is, these guys are long shots, no matter how good they are. The rumors were there with Quay and James, and they were at least 50% true in those cases. We'll see on Staley and Hibbler. That's why I was glad we took 2 QBs in 2014, and have another 2 coming in 2015. I don't trust guys that can't even stay on their own HS team, and apparently Mullen didn't either but was willing to roll the dice.

Goat Holder
07-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I feel sorry for these kids who were blessed with unbelievable talent and apparently nothing upstairs. Dang kid...

I had a few of these guys on my HS team. I mean, GREAT talents. I doubt they all could go D1, but they all had at minimum a JUCO future. All they had to do was simply CARE. I mean, just don't be a complete shit head and they had a path laid out in front of them. Some quit, some got suspended/let back on the team, some didn't want to lift weights or condition. All disappointed. Don't feel sorry for those pricks.

BeardoMSU
07-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Bottom line is, these guys are long shots, no matter how good they are. The rumors were there with Quay and James, and they were at least 50% true in those cases. We'll see on Staley and Hibbler. That's why I was glad we took 2 QBs in 2014, and have another 2 coming in 2015. I don't trust guys that can't even stay on their own HS team, and apparently Mullen didn't either but was willing to roll the dice.

That's fine. I just want to cut out the piety when comparing our players with theirs, or in this case recruits.

TexasDawg
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Here is the Staley article

http://m.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/oct/03/top-georgia-qb-dismissed-high-school-team/

hailmari
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't recall anything on Quay, but Nick James was said to be kicked off for telling an opponent "I'm Nick James, b*tch!" (rumor)

ScottH
07-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm betting he is being lined up for a transfer to another high school by his committed college and North Panola's coach didn't get the memo.

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Did he win it?

PendingTransaction
07-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Probably moving south.

Political Hack
07-08-2014, 07:16 PM
"haven't heard from him during voluntary workouts so he's out" sounds sort of like a crappy excuse to kick him off to be honest. has to be more than that.

MSUMatt
07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
"haven't heard from him during voluntary workouts so he's out" sounds sort of like a crappy excuse to kick him off to be honest. has to be more than that.

I'd be willing to bet that he's transferring and the coach caught wind of it and is trying to head it off. We never kick players off for not making summer workouts because it is voluntary and sometimes hard for kids to get up there. There's definitely history if the coach is pulling the trigger like this. Wonder if he's making all the summer camps but not summer workouts. That would definitely make the coach upset.

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Probably moving south.

Yep, just across the river. The U and The Pipeline will make sure of it.

RossDawg82
07-08-2014, 07:29 PM
If he is willing to skip workouts now, why would anyone think he will do it in college. Obviously this kid isn't a leader

sbcmortgageman
07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
How can you just transfer in public school? I thought you had to live in the district?

BeastMan
07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Ya there's something more to this. What coach, especially in
North Panola, wouldn't drop by his house and see what is going on? That story sounds dumb. As another poster said, I bet he's transferring.

msstate7
07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
How can you just transfer in public school? I thought you had to live in the district?

Sick grandmother*

BeastMan
07-08-2014, 07:46 PM

I bet he has an aunt, uncle, or cousin that lives in the southern portion of the county

jalakin
07-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I think it depends on the state and county laws. I know up here in memphis you can go to pretty much any county or municipal school, they just have to have open spots in the school and you apply for the transfer and provide transportation.

MSUMatt
07-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I think it depends on the state and county laws. I know up here in memphis you can go to pretty much any county or municipal school, they just have to have open spots in the school and you apply for the transfer and provide transportation.

As long as you physically move and can provide two utility bills it's legal. Hard for MHSAA to do anything if those two things are in place.

mic
07-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I officiated the NP first round playoff game last year. The coach is from the Birmingham area and everyone I talked with said he was a really good young coach.

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I bet he has an aunt, uncle, or cousin that lives in the southern portion of the county

Considering it's Panola, that's highly likely. Just go live with them for a year and play as a SR for The U, get even more exposure. And hopefully jilt the BearSharks with a better offer.

Todd4State
07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Did he win it?

Nope. But you just won the message boards. And I'm being serious, I laughed when I read your post.

AlSwearengen
07-08-2014, 08:44 PM
I'll bet they want to get him into the south panola system to make sure that he is eligible to get into olemiss as well as keep him completely under their thumb.

Todd4State
07-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Yep, just across the river. The U and The Pipeline will make sure of it.

Yeah- this wreaks of South Panola doing.

And it will help Ole Miss because they get to keep their South Panola "pipeline" going on NSD. Getting a kid from North Panola just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Todd4State
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
As long as you physically move and can provide two utility bills it's legal. Hard for MHSAA to do anything if those two things are in place.

Exactly. And I'm pretty sure Batesville has some apartments.

Or they could do what they normally do- claim that they are living at the Casket Company where their parent works.

mic
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
I am hearing he has waited to late to enroll at any public school in Miss to be eligible to play this year . He will have to go out of state or private school...

JDog13
07-08-2014, 09:29 PM

I remember driving by a rival school and seeing 5 or 6 trailers in a lot across from the school. They were stacked in there tighter than they are in a trailer park. I asked my coach if that was for students that wanted to go to said school. He said, "yeah, nothing we can do about it. They all have electricity and water hooked up to them with someone paying the bill." As for physically moving, they obviously knew how to skirt that. It was pretty obvious no one was living in these trailers.

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 10:10 PM
I am hearing he has waited to late to enroll at any public school in Miss to be eligible to play this year . He will have to go out of state or private school...

No way, I switched about the last week of July one year. Granted, that's been nearly 15 years ago, so the rules may have changed. But unless they have, he's good to go.

843dawg
07-08-2014, 10:21 PM
No way, I switched about the last week of July one year. Granted, that's been nearly 15 years ago, so the rules may have changed. But unless they have, he's good to go.

I think you have to turn in transfer papers 60 days prior to the official practice for whatever sport it is you want to play. He can go to school at SP but wouldn't be eligible to play football. That's how I understand the rule anyway. Who knows what the grand wizard can pull off though.

BiscuitEater
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
And despite not being on the team anymore, wasn't there a similar circumstance with Quay Evans?

That worked out well for both Mississippi State and 'team player' Quay. Good example.

MSUMatt
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I think you have to turn in transfer papers 60 days prior to the official practice for whatever sport it is you want to play. He can go to school at SP but wouldn't be eligible to play football. That's how I understand the rule anyway. Who knows what the grand wizard can pull off though.

This is correct unless their is an emergency waiver.

War Machine Dawg
07-08-2014, 10:32 PM

That makes sense. Still, I'm guessing the BearSharks won't have any problems making sure he plays next year.

Coach34
07-08-2014, 10:35 PM

and this waiver can be easy to get if Momma has a new job, moved, or other things. This kid will play somewhere

deltadawg99
07-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Mama may be starting her job at Remington early. Could be playing for Oxford high soon.

Todd4State
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I think the MHSAA would have to rule on it. For every one of these high profile transfers, there's probably 100 across the state that happen that are uneventful.

Todd4State
07-08-2014, 11:28 PM

That kind of makes me wonder if a private school is recruiting him.

Sam&DeansDawg
07-09-2014, 06:36 AM
That kind of makes me wonder if a private school is recruiting him.

Is there a good private school in that area of MS? Closest one to my knowledge is SBEC.

sbcmortgageman
07-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Is there a good private school in that area of MS? Closest one to my knowledge is SBEC.

Magnolia heights would be the best available and closest I think?

Sam&DeansDawg
07-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Magnolia heights would be the best available and closest I think?

Ah you're right. I forgot about that school.

whosyourdawgy
07-09-2014, 06:59 AM
From the looks of his comments on twitter sounds like he was being just a lazy ass

@williehibbler: I apologize too my family and teammates for my lack of commitment and from this point on I'm taking my responsibilities like a man

Jack Lambert
07-09-2014, 07:41 AM

If not some MRA booster will find a home for him.

Johnson85
07-09-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't recall anything on Quay, but Nick James was said to be kicked off for telling an opponent "I'm Nick James, b*tch!" (rumor)

That was not why Nick James was kicked off. The final straw was an altercation with a coach, but it wasn't any one thing to my knowledge. Just was difficult to deal with and the coach finally decided it wasn't worth it.

Johnson85
07-09-2014, 08:06 AM
That's fine. I just want to cut out the piety when comparing our players with theirs, or in this case recruits.

Well the difference is it was completely the coaches fault with our recruit, and with their recruit it's the recruit that was the problem.**

dickiedawg
07-09-2014, 08:24 AM
In the Delta there's a private school in every town. I doubt he cares much if it's a "good" private school.

843dawg
07-09-2014, 08:48 AM
In the Delta there's a private school in every town. I doubt he cares much if it's a "good" private school.

He would dominate the small private schools we have in the Delta.

hells bells
07-09-2014, 09:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=kp

From the video looks like Willie might have had a appointment with his tattoo artist and missed practice.

tenureplan
07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Here was the last thing he said to his coach before he went AWOL...

"I may play ball next fall, but I will never sign that. Now me and my loser friends are gonna head out to buy Aerosmith tickets. Top priority of the summer."

deltadawg99
07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Magnolia Heights would be pretty solid with Matt Womack and Hibbler on the field together. Now if he went to Mag Heights, it probably wouldn't help our chances with Womack.

North Delta in Batesville had a really good team for a while. If SBEC is still around he could end up there too.

BeardoMSU
07-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Well the difference is it was completely the coaches fault with our recruit, and with their recruit it's the recruit that was the problem.**

Certainly seems to be the mantra.

Johnson85
07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Certainly seems to be the mantra.

Ignoring the bias, there are differences. I'd be the most worried about a rising senior that just decided he didn't want to workout in the summer. A situation where a player gets in an argument with a coach during the heat of the moment is less concerning (which I understand to be the issue with Staley). A situation like Nick James, which I understand to be basically a situation where a player thinks he is good enough that he doesn't have to listen to his coaches, is somewhere in between but closer to skipping workouts.

None of them are things that make you excited about a recruit, but sometimes the fault is primarily on a coach, or split between a coach and player (which I think is the general consensus with Staley?) and sometimes a player just grows up and gets his shit together (which it appears may be the case with James).

MSUMatt
07-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Per Clarion-Ledger he's back with the team. Think the coach made the right move.

BeastMan
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Here was the last thing he said to his coach before he went AWOL...

"I may play ball next fall, but I will never sign that. Now me and my loser friends are gonna head out to buy Aerosmith tickets. Top priority of the summer."

This is by far the best post in this thread.

The nest thing Hibbler was heard saying was, "You know what I like about girls in high school?"

M.Fillmore
07-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Quay missed a game of two, that's all.

DudyDawg
07-09-2014, 10:26 PM
This is by far the best post in this thread.

The nest thing Hibbler was heard saying was, "You know what I like about girls in high school?"

They always stay the saaaaaaaaame age. Great movie