PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline needs/wants

HereComesTheSpiral
07-07-2014, 06:33 PM
What would you like to see your MLB team do at the deadline

Cardinals:
Get Ben Zobrist or a 3rd baseman to put Carpenter back at 2nd.

Watching Wong/Ellis/DD swing a bat is frustrating as shit. Hell, watching all of them bat other than Adams and Carpenter is frustrating as hell this year.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Braves: A 3-5 type pitcher. We've gotten way more out of Harang than anyone could've expected, but he's starting to revert. Time to cut bait. I'd also like to see us go get a legit leadoff guy, but I don' see that happening. Hell, Wren won't even cut Uggla, forcing us to play with 24.

Todd4State
07-07-2014, 06:44 PM
If I'm the Cardinals, I trade for Troy Tulowitzki and move Peralta to third and then Carpenter to 2B. Actually, I would have traded for Tulo LAST season but someone in the front office doesn't like to move prospects.

I'd also go after Price. Those two moves would probably be enough to put the Cardinals back into WS contention.

Miller, Lynn, Kelly, Cooney, Gonzalez, Piscotty, Ramsey, Grichuk, Jay, and Wong would be my trade pieces that I would be willing to deal. Not all in the same trade, and I wouldn't dump them all- just that I would be willing to part with them.

msstate7
07-07-2014, 06:47 PM
If I'm the Cardinals, I trade for Troy Tulowitzki and move Peralta to third and then Carpenter to 2B. Actually, I would have traded for Tulo LAST season but someone in the front office doesn't like to move prospects.

What kinda price would tulo command?

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2014, 06:48 PM

Are you willing to part with Taveras? Because that's probably what it would take to make a Tulo trade happen. I think the Cards are more likely to go get an arm or stand pat than add a bat. At some point, you've got to figure Yadi, Craig, and Holliday all get it going offensively. When they do, you aren't going to need another bat.

Todd4State
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
What kinda price would tulo command?

Probably at least 3 players apiece for Tulo and Price if I had to guess. And at least one high end MLB ready prospect. So, pretty high. You have to pay to get something good though.

I think the Cardinals have enough to get it done if they wanted to. It's a question of if they are willing to pay the salary and risk having someone like Shelby Miller leave and win Cy Young's and "look bad".

Todd4State
07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Are you willing to part with Taveras? Because that's probably what it would take to make a Tulo trade happen. I think the Cards are more likely to go get an arm or stand pat than add a bat. At some point, you've got to figure Yadi, Craig, and Holliday all get it going offensively. When they do, you aren't going to need another bat.

No. But actually the Rockies have a lot of outfielders. They need pitching. I'd be willing to give up Miller, Kelly, and someone else.

They may very well do what you are saying about standing pat with the lineup that they have.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
No. But actually the Rockies have a lot of outfielders. They need pitching. I'd be willing to give up Miller, Kelly, and someone else.

They may very well do what you are saying about standing pat with the lineup that they have.
I try and shop Garcia before kelly, lynn, or miller. That might be a hind sight trade, but the injuries are crippling and I doubt there is much trade value. Might look to the Cubs, they are loaded with people in the middle infield that dont have a spot.