PDA

View Full Version : *****2014 Mr. Pessimistic Award*****

CadaverDawg
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly6e5iFbwL1r18ows.gif

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Bully99 should win this one going away. This is the guy who said in March that we'd win 10 SEC games in 2014, miss the postseason, and should fire Cohen... The year after he took us to the national title series.

None of these other candidates are good enough to sniff 99's jock strap.

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Also, how in the hell did Preachermatt83 get nominated for both the sunshine pumper AND pessimist awards?

PassInterference
07-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Interesting nominations for preacher.

CadaverDawg
07-06-2014, 10:59 PM

Yea, I thought that was funny. But then again, he nominated himself for "pessimist".

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2014, 11:00 PM

Really though, the more I think about it, the more I think it's appropriate.

Preacher is probably the most spastic poster on this board- one minute he's pumping sunshine, then the next he's making predictions on how we'll at best win 30 games in baseball next year. His opinion will always leave you scratching your head- that's for sure.

CadaverDawg
07-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Really though, the more I think about it, the more I think it's appropriate.

Preacher is probably the most spastic poster on this board- one minute he's pumping sunshine, then the next he's making predictions on how we'll at best win 30 games in baseball next year. His opinion will always leave you scratching your head- that's for sure.

Haha, I think in a matter of 1 week, he predicted we will win 30 games in baseball next year and said we'll "likely" win 11 this year in football. So this is starting to seem totally appropriate all of the sudden. And I bet he is getting a good laugh at this thread.

Pioneer Dawg
07-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I see that I Seen It Dawg has cast his ballot

PassInterference
07-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Goat should win this running away.

preachermatt83
07-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Haha, I think in a matter of 1 week, he predicted we will win 30 games in baseball next year and said we'll "likely" win 11 this year in football. So this is starting to seem totally appropriate all of the sudden. And I bet he is getting a good laugh at this thread.

haha!! You are right! Im laughing at this thread.. I am not pessimistic really "but I play one on TV"... or in our case "I play one on message boards" In all honesty if most of you guys spent a day or two with me you would never believe I am the same guy who posts on this board. Its all a character guys. That's what makes online message boards so much fun. I am a die hard bulldog and I am pretty hard on coaches in real life but Im usually pretty realistic in person. On here, ya never know .. hahaha!

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2014, 11:12 PM
I see that I Seen It Dawg has cast his ballot

I'm interested in seeing how you and I Seen It do in the board's most heated rivalry poll... Well, and how you and Todd do in that poll... And you and Homedawg.

Let's be real, that poll is just going to come down to a competition for who hates WJ/Pioneer Dawg the most.

CadaverDawg
07-06-2014, 11:12 PM
haha!! You are right! Im laughing at this thread.. I am not pessimistic really "but I play one on TV"... or in our case "I play one on message boards" In all honesty if most of you guys spent a day or two with me you would never believe I am the same guy who posts on this board. Its all a character guys. That's what makes online message boards so much fun. I am a die hard bulldog and I am pretty hard on coaches in real life but Im usually pretty realistic in person. On here, ya never know .. hahaha!

Apparently everyone sees you for who you really are then.....you're winning the Pumper award right now, and have zero votes for pessimism.

preachermatt83
07-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Apparently everyone sees you for who you really are then.....you're winning the Pumper award right now, and have zero votes for pessimism.
I just voted for smootness on the sunshine pumper award to bring it to a tie. lol.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2014, 12:24 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/f3d2fa34f668dee0e2313a0b06add1b1/tumblr_mn5zdkZSbl1qbtxe8o1_250.gif
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk248/voktyabreh/Misc%20gifs%20macros/18dh79jpg.gif

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 12:36 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/a385a57294145cf4fc4e1dc1cf0562cc/tumblr_inline_n7ybsiptsD1qd4wwe.gif

BeardoMSU
07-07-2014, 12:45 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6tVz7OXm6To/UgJihG_CRFI/AAAAAAAAWhw/ot0M5LpcOuM/s1600/disapprove.gif
http://blogs.perl.org/users/kirk_kimmel/bzkhdgi.gif
http://snd1.splashpress1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk355sStel1qi9q4ko1_r1_500.gif

hacker
07-07-2014, 08:14 AM
MY VOTE:

Most of preacher's pessimism stems from last year's football season. I had to block him it was so bad. Therefore, I voted him here.

I don't know bully99. Perhaps I should've done some research before voting.

Goat's not really that pessimistic to me, just an idiot.

Are Will James / Pioneer Dawg the same guy or something?

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 08:45 AM
MY VOTE:

Most of preacher's pessimism stems from last year's football season. I had to block him it was so bad. Therefore, I voted him here.

I don't know bully99. Perhaps I should've done some research before voting.

Goat's not really that pessimistic to me, just an idiot.

Are Will James / Pioneer Dawg the same guy or something?

Yes, Will James got banned, and returned as Pioneer Dawg

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't understand the voting in these polls. It says 78 members have read this thread, yet less than 37 have voted. You guys that aren't voting Do realize that nobody will know who you voted for, correct? So place your votes!

Offshore Dawg
07-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Nobody worth voting for. This is starting out as a poster popularity contest. not all facts are in.

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Nobody worth voting for. This is starting out as a poster popularity contest. not all facts are in.

Where were you during nominations? The entire board had an opportunity to nominate posters. If you had nominated a different poster, it would be on this list.

And I would hardly say Goat and Bully99 are "most popular", but I may be wrong.

preachermatt83
07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Where were you during nominations? The entire board had an opportunity to nominate posters. If you had nominated a different poster, it would be on this list.

lol, I was about to post the same thing almost verbatim.

Offshore Dawg
07-07-2014, 03:03 PM

This is getting funny, those of you with the most posts are arguing with each other.

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
This is getting funny, those of you with the most posts are arguing with each other.

What? Who is arguing about what? I'm thinking you may be confused about something. You said "there's nobody worth voting for", yet you didn't nominate anyone....and that "it's a popularity contest", yet the guy in second place is not only not popular he's been banned I think. So I'm not sure we understand your points.

I would say Goat is fairly "popular", if that's what you want to call it....but not Bully. I think "popularity" is only being thought of by you. (And maybe Will James)

FISHDAWG
07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't understand the voting in these polls. It says 78 members have read this thread, yet less than 37 have voted. You guys that aren't voting Do realize that nobody will know who you voted for, correct? So place your votes!

that's the SPS guys that say this place sucks and they won't come over here **

Offshore Dawg
07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
What? Who is arguing about what? I'm thinking you may be confused about something. You said "there's nobody worth voting for", yet you didn't nominate anyone....and that "it's a popularity contest", yet the guy in second place is not only not popular he's been banned I think. So I'm not sure we understand your points.

I would say Goat is fairly "popular", if that's what you want to call it....but not Bully. I think "popularity" is only being thought of by you. (And maybe Will James)

My point Cadaver is that this board is dominated by a small number of regular posters compared to the number of readers aka (lurkers). I love reading this board and come here for what I consider insider information from some of the old ex jocks that have connections to the athletic department. Relax you take some responses too seriously.

preachermatt83
07-07-2014, 06:48 PM
My point Cadaver is that this board is dominated by a small number of regular posters compared to the number of readers aka (lurkers). I love reading this board and come here for what I consider insider information from some of the old ex jocks that have connections to the athletic department. Relax you take some responses too seriously.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/53/530d6778d6c1fcdc183b2fc665ae140e9ca2cd9b62dc494538 55649a8cdd3667.jpg

Dawg61
07-07-2014, 07:17 PM

Lurkers need to post more imo. Carry some of the weight. If we all logged in and just stared at the threads there wouldn't be any threads. Everybody has a voice on here as long as they are Bulldogs. The more the merrier and the better this board is.

preachermatt83
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Lurkers need to post more imo. Carry some of the weight. If we all logged in and just stared at the threads there wouldn't be any threads. Everybody has a voice on here as long as they are Bulldogs. The more the merrier and the better this board is.

http://clatl.com/binary/1953/1367496144-golf-clap.gif

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Bingo. Well said.

Part of the reason I wanted to do the Awards was to encourage people to be involved, which would make the board even better. The only "lurkers" I want there to end up being, are the one's wearing bow ties wishing they could post here.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Will/Pioneer isnt really negative, just annoying. If I had him running for an award, it would be "The Politician" for only posting half the pertinent information for the topic at hand.

CadaverDawg
07-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Latenight bump

CadaverDawg
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Voting has ended