PDA

View Full Version : I went by the stadium today

Bo Darville
07-06-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't believe it will be finished by opening day. I think it will be usable, but I don't believe it will be 100% complete. We can still use it without all the landscaping and other items. We used the big jumbotron before it was fully complete, so there is precedent. I just can't see everything wrapped up in 8 weeks. Just my opinion.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Duck!

PassInterference
07-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Stricklin probably lied a last week when he said it would be finished early. He's probably not in the loop or anything.

engie
07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
8 weeks is just a shade under 10% of the total build time. It's not even crunch time yet -- and they aren't consistently working 24 hours either.

Facades and jumbotrons go up quickly -- and landscaping is a week-2week project at most.

Bo Darville
07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I just don't think it will be 100%. I'm talking all work including construction, landscape, cleanup, equipment removal, everything. I expect some minor items to not be totally finished. Just my opinion. Obviously Stricklin knows more than I.

Bo Darville
07-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Engie, you are probably right. It just seems like a lot to do in a short time. You've got to finish in about 6 weeks to have time to remove equipment, take down fence, stripe parking, wash and clean everything, touch up caulk, do a walk through and punchlist, touch up paint, etc.