PDA

View Full Version : Kenyan Drake Arrested

DawgPoundRock
07-05-2014, 09:32 AM
http://publicquery.tuscco.com/Details/pgDetails.aspx?id=1620416

DudyDawg
07-05-2014, 10:06 AM
If I read that right he was "obstructing government operations". What would that be? That's an odd charge isn't it?

Dawg61
07-05-2014, 10:44 AM
According to the Tuscaloosa News, Drake was arrested for ignoring orders to leave a crime scene. There was a shooting at the downtown Temerson Square area, and the area was secured with police tape.

Drake attempted to get to his vehicle, which was within the police tape, leading to his arrest. The News quotes Tuscaloosa Police spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley.

“His car was in the crime scene area, and he wanted to get to it,” Blankley said. “He went under the crime scene tape and tried to get to it anyway.”

Saltydog
07-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Wonder if there's more to this story.

Harrydawg
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
He is either borderline retarded or he was trying to
get rid of some evidence....mostly likely both

Political Hack
07-05-2014, 12:49 PM

or he just wanted his ride. I'd be PO'd if my car was on lockdown for being "too close" to a random crime that I had nothing to do with. In fact, I've gotten into with officers before for this very reason.

BoomBoom
07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
If I read that right he was "obstructing government operations". What would that be? That's an odd charge isn't it?

seems like overcharging. the statute requires it to be an "intentional" act to impede a govt function. if the presence of his car was not necessary (ie, not close enough to merit testing for evidence), then a decent judge (can be hard to find in AL) would lower this charge to disorderly conduct, as this charge doesn't cover ignoring police commands.

how close his car was to the actual crime scene will be a large factor. a few feet? 50 yards?

smootness
07-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Seriously?

Dog316
07-06-2014, 10:25 AM
or he just wanted his ride. I'd be PO'd if my car was on lockdown for being "too close" to a random crime that I had nothing to do with. In fact, I've gotten into with officers before for this very reason.

^^^^^

Sounds like you might just make the news in the future yourself . . . as a guy getting a ride he doesn't want.

dickiedawg
07-06-2014, 12:17 PM
That link has apparently been "modified" because it said no record found. I find that interesting.

Political Hack
07-06-2014, 02:42 PM
^^^^^

Sounds like you might just make the news in the future yourself . . . as a guy getting a ride he doesn't want.

I left with my car. I don't pick fights I can't win.