PDA

View Full Version : Madison Central

Jsndawg
07-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Anybody concerned with MC football.
You have gotten a new coach-o/c from tupelo named Mike Davis.
Coach Davis is a major upgrade to any staff in the state. He is a big black bear but a great coach and even a better person. He coached Matt Wells as head coach at Lawrence county previously too. I know this is not the glamorous hire a school like mc would want after Bobby leaves but Mike Davis would be a great hire anywhere IMO .

Todd4State
07-04-2014, 09:22 PM
What a joke. It seems like MC gets a new coach in waiting every year.

If I'm MC, I'm hiring Brad Peterson. They'll jack it up because it's high school sports.

curmudgeon
07-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Brad Peterson will be the next head coach at Madison Central, unless the powers that be screw it up.

The interesting thing going on in Madison is that it is very likely that both Ridgeland and Germantown are classified 6A next re-classification. Ridgeland was close last time, and this will be the first reclassification since Germantown had a full class of 9th-12th graders.

Terry, Greenville, Starkville, Warren Central, and Jim Hill are all in danger of dropping to 5A. If Madison County gets three 6A schools all in the same district, it will be interesting to see what happens. The powers that be are committed to seeing Germantown be a second flagship type school.

Harrydawg
07-04-2014, 10:40 PM
So, you think that Beautiful Bobby is going to step down and replace himself with Peterson?

I don't see that happening.

Todd4State
07-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Brad Peterson will be the next head coach at Madison Central, unless the powers that be screw it up.
The interesting thing going on in Madison is that it is very likely that both Ridgeland and Germantown are classified 6A next re-classification. Ridgeland was close last time, and this will be the first reclassification since Germantown had a full class of 9th-12th graders.

Terry, Greenville, Starkville, Warren Central, and Jim Hill are all in danger of dropping to 5A. If Madison County gets three 6A schools all in the same district, it will be interesting to see what happens. The powers that be are committed to seeing Germantown be a second flagship type school.

I'd say the odds of them screwing it up are better than not based on past history.

I thought Ridgeland only had like around 900 students or so? I'm glad to see them grow. Germantown is growing pretty well as you said.

Is Greenville losing a ton of enrollment? I thought that they were one of the largest schools in the state?

What's your opinion of Florence HS? It's seems to me like they are quietly growing larger.

Todd4State
07-04-2014, 11:15 PM
So, you think that Beautiful Bobby is going to step down and replace himself with Peterson?

I don't see that happening.

Reading between the lines, I don't think that's what he's saying. My guess is if Hall stepped down, which won't happen until he dies, he would try to pull a Polk and maybe try to promote Davis or whoever the coach in waiting for that year is. But the school board people may pull a Greg Byrne and hire Peterson.

I'm convinced that Hall could pull a Woody Hayes and the MC school board people would be "well, that's just Bobby being Bobby." It's pretty unreal and embarrassing what he has been allowed to get away with.

hailmari
07-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Wow, 900? I graduated with thirty people. Class 1A, FTW!

Todd4State
07-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Wow, 900? I graduated with thirty people. Class 1A, FTW!

Yeah, but that's like the entire school enrollment, so the senior class probably only has like 200 or something like that. If that makes you feel better.

Saltydog
07-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Still wish we would've considered his son for OC. Kid can coach. Bobby once told me that if he had any questions about offense, he went to Will. Will left West Alabama, after building that program up, to go to West Ga. They are both in the same conference and I asked why he left to go somewhere for what seemed a lateral transfer. Come to find out, West Ga will be making the jump to D1 in the next couple of years.

curmudgeon
07-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Ridgeland has a little over 900. Germantown will be at 920 next year. Warren Central and Starkville are the smallest 6A schools with around 940. Its going to be close. Germantown will definitely get it during the 2017 reclassification and stay that way. The middle school is busting at the seams and it was built for 900 grades 6-8.

Florence is quietly growing and should be 5A next go around. If Rankin would do what they need to do and combine Florence and McLaurin and make South Rankin, they'd be 6A immediately. Too many high school zones in Rankin County. Pisgah needs to roll into NWR, Pelahatchie and Puckett need to combine, Florence and McLaurin need to combine. Brandon and Richland are fine by themselves. That would cut eight schools (2 6A, 2 4A, 1 3A and 3 1A) down to five (3 6A, 1 3A and 1 4A)

the59dawg
07-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Ridgeland has a little over 900. Germantown will be at 920 next year. Warren Central and Starkville are the smallest 6A schools with around 940. Its going to be close. Germantown will definitely get it during the 2017 reclassification and stay that way. The middle school is busting at the seams and it was built for 900 grades 6-8.

Florence is quietly growing and should be 5A next go around. If Rankin would do what they need to do and combine Florence and McLaurin and make South Rankin, they'd be 6A immediately. Too many high school zones in Rankin County. Pisgah needs to roll into NWR, Pelahatchie and Puckett need to combine, Florence and McLaurin need to combine. Brandon and Richland are fine by themselves. That would cut eight schools (2 6A, 2 4A, 1 3A and 3 1A) down to five (3 6A, 1 3A and 1 4A)

Too many superiendants involved that will lose their jobs.