PDA

View Full Version : Athlon SEC OL Rankings....

BeardoMSU
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM
This shit is comical.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-sec-offensive-lines-2014

Political Hack
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM
there's so much wrong with that I dont even know where to begin.

DudyDawg
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Spot on.........

Oh and *************

Coach34
07-03-2014, 11:59 AM
I actually dont think its that bad- simply based on starters

Auburn, LSU, A%M, SC, and Bama are the top 5.

State, OM, Mizzou, Georgia are easily your next 4 but there is no clear cut reason to put any above the other. Now, if OM doesnt get Cooper or whatever his name is in school or they have some big injuries- they are going to have some ****ing problems and drop fast. That was Mizzou's problem in 2012.

HancockCountyDog
07-03-2014, 12:00 PM
there's so much wrong with that I dont even know where to begin.

I think I agreed with the first five teams, after that Im not sure anyone can really speak to the difference between 6-10 to be honest. Injuries will determine where we end up and where the bears end up.

I like our pieces way more than anyone below 5 by far. The key will be health. We are replacing Gabe and our RT who basically started every game for us the last two seasons. I think Clayborn will do fine, but he won't be at Gabe's level off the bat and RT is still a question mark.

If our OL becomes a strength, like I think it can be, then by end of the year, I think it will be a top 5 unit. As of now, based off what people have seen, we don't deserve to be in the top 5 tier.

HancockCountyDog
07-03-2014, 12:00 PM

State, OM, Mizzou, Georgia are easily your next 4 but there is no clear cut reason to put any above the other. Now, if OM doesnt get Cooper or whatever his name is in school or they have some big injuries- they are going to have some ****ing problems and drop fast. That was Mizzou's problem in 2012.

We basically said the same thing. I think I said it better of course. lol

codeDawg
07-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Agree. We are middle of the road. Ole Miss has some top 5 talent in a couple of spots, but the rest is shaky at best.

msstate7
07-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Wasn't Aaron Morris 370 pre injury? What's he now?

Political Hack
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
anyone who would trade our OL with OM's OL isn't paying attention. LSU and Bama should be ahead of A&M and Carolina. Collins may be the best OT in the country. OM should be behind Mizzu and UGA. We should be vying for the 8th spot with OM coming in at 9th. And that's before you consider the whiff on Florida... any publication having Florida that low is just not doing it's homework. I'm sorry, but they're LOADED with talent.
DJ Humphries (injured last year) #1 high school OT
Chaz Green (injured last year) 4* OT
Trip Thurman 4* OT in high school bulked up and moved to OG
Tyler Moore 4* OT moved to OG
Max Garcia (3* stud from Georgia that moved from OT to C, battled a preseason injury last year and made the Rimington watch list this season)

All are Jr's and Sr's.

Jack Lambert
07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Look at Florida. They just suck. Amazing how far they have fallen. They are getting back to the Pre Steve era.

Political Hack
07-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Look at Florida. They just suck. Amazing how far they have fallen. They are getting back to the Pre Steve era.

they'll be no worse than 3rd in the east this year and possibly higher. Their OL is stacked and could have a top 10 draft pick at OT. People always ignore the injuries from the year before. 40% of their OL went down early last year and another played gimpy after being hurt during camp. Not to mention losing their QB and half their damn defense.

Jack Lambert
07-03-2014, 02:20 PM
they'll be no worse than 3rd in the east this year and possibly higher. Their OL is stacked and could have a top 10 draft pick at OT. People always ignore the injuries from the year before. 40% of their OL went down early last year and another played gimpy after being hurt during camp. Not to mention losing their QB and half their damn defense.

Not saying your wrong but i have been hearing that for three years.

Political Hack
07-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Not saying your wrong but i have been hearing that for three years.

well, for the record, this is the first time I've said it. They're loaded with talent. Injuries last year destroyed them worse than anything I've ever seen in the SEC. I think they'll easily be the most improved team in the league.

PMDawg
07-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I think it's a testament to how good the SEC is on the OL this year. They say we are solid and have 2 potential all sec guys. It goes back to what I keep saying. The SEC, and especially the west, is loaded this year. The top in teams are a tad weaker than in years past, but the middle and bottom (outside of maybe Kentucky and/or vanderbilt) are head and shoulders above what they've been in the past.

MarketingBully01
07-03-2014, 03:45 PM
well, for the record, this is the first time I've said it. They're loaded with talent. Injuries last year destroyed them worse than anything I've ever seen in the SEC. I think they'll easily be the most improved team in the league.

If they aren't, Muschamp will be fired. Think about this, they didn't fire him after they lost to Georgia Southern. Usually when you lose to a 1-AA team it spells doom and firing which they fired Zook after losing to us. Sure, they are talented but everyone has been saying that since Muschamp took them over. Once they get rid Muschamp, they will be a great team again. Too much talent not to. Muschamp was a great DC but a head coach he is not.

starkvegasdawg
07-03-2014, 03:56 PM
UF's biggest problem last year on o-line was they kept blocking each other.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-03-2014, 04:06 PM
How do these guys get paid to write this shit? And Im not even complaining about being ranked 9th

CadaverDawg
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
How do these guys get paid to write this shit? And Im not even complaining about being ranked 9th

It's absolutely pathetic. The media, especially print media, has become absolute trash. It's unreadable and I feel like they just pull shit from a hat and print it so they'll have one to sell. Just pathetic garbage. I never search for shit to read anymore bc there isn't an honest, knowledgeable writer out there(except for a few of our own). It is BS too, bc good writers like BeastMan, etc, have to overcome that garbage keeping people from wanting to read articles.

Dak4Heisman
07-03-2014, 08:12 PM
But Tunsil will be #1 draft pick after his junior year!