PDA

View Full Version : A bet for DWS ?

elitedawgs
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
What do y'all think about putting a bet up that DWS will / will not be 100% completed and turned over to MSU August 20th?

It would tie up the vcash you bet on it until August 21st is the only catch.

Right now, we would likely put odds around 3:1 it is 100% ready August 20th, and 2:1 that it is not

Thoughts?

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 01:06 PM
I like it. Would cut down on useless speculation threads

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Well completion is suppose to be aug 20.

preachermatt83
07-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I only have like 40 bucks of v-cash but I would certainly bet that it's not ready.

SignalToNoise
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Better go ahead and agree to what constitutes "ready" or else we'll enjoy 6 months of threads debating it.

FISHDAWG
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Better go ahead and agree to what constitutes "ready" or else we'll enjoy 6 months of threads debating it.

^^^ this ^^^ .... it can be occupied and turned over while a punch list is still being worked on.... in fact, almost ALL projects are that way ... truth is, there is no way anyone here will be able to determine the "100%" .... it's subject to interpretation ........... I promise punch list won't be complete on August 20th

Political Hack
07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
put it up. I'm all in on it not being ready by Aug 20.

Political Hack
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
^^^ this ^^^ .... it can be occupied and turned over while a punch list is still being worked on.... in fact, almost ALL projects are that way ... truth is, there is no way anyone here will be able to determine the "100%" .... it's subject to interpretation ........... I promise punch list won't be complete on August 20th

we have someone that can definitively say whether it's done. I promise they'll be accurate and we'll go by what they say.

preachermatt83
07-02-2014, 02:29 PM

100% complete seems pretty obvious... done with all workers headed for the hills.

Jack Lambert
07-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I only have like 40 bucks of v-cash but I would certainly bet that it's not ready.

There is a reason why you only have 40. I garantee it will be ready. I would think there is a loss of money to the construction company if it is not.

Covercorner2
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
There is a reason why you only have 40. I garantee it will be ready. I would think there is a loss of money to the construction company if it is not.

Actually there would probably be a loss to the particular insurance company who is acting as a "surety" who assures that the "principal" (construction company) will complete it's contractual obligation to the "obligee" (MSU), through what is called a "surety bond." So, in a nut shell, whether the contract is fulfilled or not, MSU will be reimbursed and it won't necessary be at the construction company's expense.

WinningIsRelentless
07-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Actually there would probably be a loss to the particular insurance company who is acting as a "surety" who assures that the "principal" (construction company) will complete it's contractual obligation to the "obligee" (MSU), through what is called a "surety bond." So, in a nut shell, whether the contract is fulfilled or not, MSU will be reimbursed and it won't necessary be at the construction company's expense.

Actually the principal would suffer the l&d damages and the surety would only step in if the "principal" went insolvent.

With that being said if they aren't working 24 hour shifts now 5 days a week they aren't worried about being short on time. Roy Anderson is owned by Tutor Perini out of Cali. People things W.G. Yates is big well they are nothing compared to Perini. If they need to they could have 1,000 people in the job tomorrow to have it finished in time.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Actually the principal would suffer the l&d damages and the surety would only step in if the "principal" went insolvent.

With that being said if they aren't working 24 hour shifts now 5 days a week they aren't worried about being short on time. Roy Anderson is owned by Tutor Perini out of Cali. People things W.G. Yates is big well they are nothing compared to Perini. If they need to they could have 1,000 people in the job tomorrow to have it finished in time.

Is that right?

State82
07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Is that right?

First part is. No idea about the second.

Dawgcentral
07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
It'll be ready. There will almost always be a few technical issues. Malfunctioning lock, electrical snafu, paint touch ups. But the place should function well enough.

PendingTransaction
07-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I'll know if my seats are not ready and I'm offered a lawn chair in the end zone.

WinningIsRelentless
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutor_Perini

Tutor Perini company info.

FISHDAWG
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM

I think you should stick to covering corners and stay out of the construction & bonding industry ... surety is for failure to complete and has nothing to do with liquidated damages

FISHDAWG
07-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Ennis - the simple answer is no to the 1000 people being flown in unless they plan on getting the work done with estimators, admin assistants, senior project managers, division VP's, superintendents, and believe me that isn't feasible

WinningIsRelentless
07-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Ennis - the simple answer is no to the 1000 people being flown in unless they plan on getting the work done with estimators, admin assistants, senior project managers, division VP's, superintendents, and believe me that isn't feasible

Trust me from all their divisions they could have 1000 laborers on the job in short order. They employee over over 110000 people

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Trust me from all their divisions they could have 1000 laborers on the job in short order. They employee over over 110000
people

all E-verified ?
are you saying they furnish their own skilled craftsmen and laborers for their jobs or do you think they would leave that burden to their subcontractors ?
do you think they would pay for transportation, per-diem, housing , ect or would they pass most of the LD's on to their subcontractors ?
if that's the case do you think they would let their other projects suffer because of a small 80 million dollar project ?
I know you are talking "could" ... that is very different from should .... Lloyds of London can insure almost anything imaginable for the right price - does that mean it's prudent to do so ?

Covercorner2
07-03-2014, 08:29 AM
I think you should stick to covering corners and stay out of the construction & bonding industry ... surety is for failure to complete and has nothing to do with liquidated damages

I think you should practice a little more reading comprehension and do a little less fishing. Never did I mention liquidated damages, but I did mention "contractual obiligation, "complete," and "fulfillment."

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 08:41 AM
maybe you're right but I was unaware that failure to complete was being discussed .... it sounds like LATE completion is what is being thrown around. From my view it appears that Lambert was referencing loss of revenue due to being late ... screw reading comprehension if it cuts down on the fishing

Political Hack
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM
video panels are starting to go up.

DawgHouseUnited
07-03-2014, 10:50 AM
video panels are starting to go up.

Plus the facade on the camera side.

WinningIsRelentless
07-03-2014, 03:29 PM
all E-verified ?
are you saying they furnish their own skilled craftsmen and laborers for their jobs or do you think they would leave that burden to their subcontractors ?
do you think they would pay for transportation, per-diem, housing , ect or would they pass most of the LD's on to their subcontractors ?
if that's the case do you think they would let their other projects suffer because of a small 80 million dollar project ?
I know you are talking "could" ... that is very different from should .... Lloyds of London can insure almost anything imaginable for the right price - does that mean it's prudent to do so ?

First yes they do have many skilled craftsmen through the varies trades they employee across the country so that's not a issue. And with the 100m a day ld past the 20th and a 1.5mm if it hasn't been turned over my 12 pm Friday of the first game they sure as hell would have everyone there.

The number I saw was a 1 percent profit margin on the job so they would do whatever to keep it on time. I did notice in the cam at 1130 last night some sub was workingz

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 03:58 PM
First yes they do have many skilled craftsmen through the varies trades they employee across the country so that's not a issue. And with the 100m a day ld past the 20th and a 1.5mm if it hasn't been turned over my 12 pm Friday of the first game they sure as hell would have everyone there.

The number I saw was a 1 percent profit margin on the job so they would do whatever to keep it on time. I did notice in the cam at 1130 last night some sub was workingz

a 100 million a day when the contract is only 80 mil ??? I have never seen ld's based on the estimated margin

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-03-2014, 04:01 PM
100m a day? Ummmm, how 'bout no Scott....

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 04:08 PM
ha - that's a lot of risk for only 800k profit ...beginning to sound like a co-op student to me

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Fish, you know construction.
Ill give you that.

WinningIsRelentless
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
all E-verified ?

a 100 million a day when the contract is only 80 mil ??? I have never seen ld's based on the estimated margin

100m = 100,000
1.5mm = 1,500,000

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 06:26 PM
ok winning, that makes sense... it was hard to follow what you were saying