PDA

View Full Version : SECrant, 247, Six pack

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 12:30 PM
So, its kind of a slow day at work, so I'm wondering. Which ones of these do you guys read/avoid or like/dislike. I really only check this, and occasionally SPS, although six pack has bored me because it seems to just be a ton of the same threads each with about five responses. SECrant is silly to me and I've only looked at it a few times, but it just seems like a bunch of useless bashing. Just curious what other MSU/SEC boards y'all frequent.

BeastMan
07-02-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm one of the few that likes and participates in all of them

MSUDawg4Life
07-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I glance at them from time to time. Don't spend a lot of time on either and don't post on any of them.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Rarely ever go on the rant. On here and SPS pretty regularly.

Goat Holder
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Better topics here.

I don't do 6pack anymore because the format is all backwards. Can't keep up with anything. Plus I don't like their constant snark.

Never been to SEC rant.

Quit caring about recrootin after 2013. So Scout and 247 is out.

ckDOG
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
So, its kind of a slow day at work, so I'm wondering. Which ones of these do you guys read/avoid or like/dislike. I really only check this, and occasionally SPS, although six pack has bored me because it seems to just be a ton of the same threads each with about five responses. SECrant is silly to me and I've only looked at it a few times, but it just seems like a bunch of useless bashing. Just curious what other MSU/SEC boards y'all frequent.

The rant might be the worst message board on the internet. From what I gather, it's a handful of bros posting some rehashed dick measuring top 5 lists instead of paying attention in their art appreciation or freshman English class.

BurgDawg
07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm only on here and 247 I never look at 6pack or rant

CadaverDawg
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I only read here and SPS....but I'm growing tired of SPS, because they view anyone who posts over here as "not welcome" over there. Comments like "now run back to ED to discuss", and shit like that. Otherwise, I enjoy reading over there some.

Never read the rant, and don't subscribe to any recruiting sites and never have...so I never read Scout and 247.

Pretty much just here these days.

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Better topics here.

I don't do 6pack anymore because the format is all backwards. Can't keep up with anything. Plus I don't like their constant snark.

Never been to SEC rant.

Quit caring about recrootin after 2013. So Scout and 247 is out.

Also a big reason I barely check six pack. The format is really hard to follow unless its mobile.

BulldogDX55
07-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Also a big reason I barely check six pack. The format is really hard to follow unless its mobile.

I read all of them, but you should know that if you have an account on SPS you can change it in your personal settings to make the forum look more like this one. However, because a lot of them love that ass-backwards format, it is sometimes really hard to know who is responding to what.

Political Hack
07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
here daily. Read 247 every once in a while. that's it.

Coach34
07-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Sixpack- had it's day, but just too BearShark friendly

SECRANT- troll shitshow but will have decent info

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
You don't support Gene? Shocking...
I started out on genespage back in the late 90's and left after a couple of threats of bans for stirring the sheep, lurked on SPS forever and joined 247 when it started, dropped SPS after they started editing posts (no ole miss hate), joined ED soon after it started, and I'll probably be dropping 247 in the coming months. Take the rant for what it is, simply entertainment.

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Never once been to gene's. Worth my time or?

Don't get me wrong I love ED but there's only so much info that can go on one site. Looking for more state and sec sites to kill time.

Political Hack
07-02-2014, 02:54 PM

Don't get me wrong I love ED but there's only so much info that can go on one site. Looking for more state and sec sites to kill time.

no. I left a long time ago and have never missed it. 247 is the only pay site that's worth the subscription IMO. Best network and most accurate updates. there's a few idiots on the boards, but you have that everywhere.

Pioneer Dawg
07-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Check 6pack every few days for the OT threads

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Not unless you want to hear how Byron DeVinner is a great man that molds young men...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
247 is the only pay site that's worth the subscription IMO. Best network and most accurate updates. there's a few idiots on the boards, but you have that everywhere.
It hasn't been the same since a few posters left...now some kid posts 15 topics a day.

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Not unless you want to hear how Byron DeVinner is a great man that molds young men...

All I needed right there

GulfCoastDawg
07-02-2014, 04:03 PM
SECRant is unbearable, but the other forums on Tiger Droppings are fun to read though if you have a few minutes, especially the Fark Board, OT Lounge or Movie/TV board. Any of these are good choices on a slow sports or news day.

Goat Holder
07-02-2014, 04:27 PM
If anyone really wants to read an entertaining board, try the Rivals Main Board. Only reason I know about it is because I have an Auburn buddy who gave me his name/password to Rivals. https://auburn.rivals.com/forum.asp?style=2&sid=880&fid=2208&pid=0

Some funny (and useful) shit on there. Biggest troll wins most of the time.

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Paid?

PMDawg
07-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Used to do genes, then someone mercifully pointed me to SP. It had its day, but I haven't been there a dozen times since I joined here about a month after you guys opened shop. I just enjoy not having to suffer the ole miss trolls. Why anyone wants to put up with that is beyond me. Victory Red, OP4, the guy that laughed when Nick Bell died, OMbydamn, and a few others just made that place absolutely unbearable (no pun). Then HD and the Godfather started their radio show and they turned into total tools at that point. Well, hd6 was always a tool really. Don't get me wrong, SPS has some really good posters and they get good info fast, and this place isn't perfect....but SPS just has too many big negatives for me to overcome at this point. The only thing they do better is humor and that's not worth putting up with the rest.

PMDawg
07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah, and the rant is terrible. Unreadable to me. Plus the MSU posters that frequent that board often make our fan base look totally stupid. I'll never pay to post on a MB so 247 is out. I always used a friend's log for GP.

DownwardDawg
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM

This is exactly what I do. I haven't been to six pack since I joined this site.

Bothrops
07-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah, and the rant is terrible. Unreadable to me. Plus the MSU posters that frequent that board often make our fan base look totally stupid. I'll never pay to post on a MB so 247 is out. I always used a friend's log for GP.

The rant is a bunch of pubescent teenagers and white trash. There's not much sensibility and smarts over there.

hacker
07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
SECRant - no, never. terrible.
247 - during recruiting season, yes, almost daily
SPS - I check out the topics a couple times a week when I've run out of internet to read

Hot Rock
07-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Gotta say I will visit the Rant and it really does suck. I have no idea why I go back there, it's like watching Jerry Springer.

I don't post there though, maybe a few times when I first found the place. I do go to the Mississippi State board on the Rant but there is very little happening there.

247? nope, I don't pay for MB.

SP? Yep, still go and will continue but the funny thing is the threads there are often have the same topic.

I am just looking for knowledge and I get tidbits from both places.

scottycameron
07-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I've gotten real lazy. I have a login for genes page paid board and also have a om spirit premium. Don't post much if at all on genes and can't post on spirit because it's not mine and the guy's that it is doesn't know I have it. Thank God Scout is the last place on the internet that doesn't require you to change your password every once in a while. If I was them I'd change that but whatever. I read the recruiting from Steve and Yancy now (well not NOW because it's a little girl pony show until december but read when it matters). Genes page is the same guys over and over arguing the same shit over and over. The spirit is funny for a while but it's mostly the same 10 guys doing the same thing as Gene's. I used to be a six-pack reader but that board is impossible to read with the thread format and half the posts seem to be from OM guys. I've been to Nafoom but I just don't get it. Rivals has got nothing for us last time I checked - years ago. Never done the sec rant, Hear a lot from it and it may be good, just can't get the energy these days to start something new. As far as MSU sports go if it it is important at all then it's on here. Maybe not first but who gives a shit. I'm a lifer here as long as it stays up. BTW, thanks to beastman, he puts better shit on here than any other board ever has. I skip a lot of stuff posted here but if he puts something up I always read it. And it's always worth reading.

Offshore Dawg
07-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I backed off of SPS and came here, because it is a Bear free zone. I just don't like those bow-tie wearing, butt licking, POS that support that place. There are certain posters that I like reading their remarks. These are some of the regulars here and there that I find interesting.

The diplomacy of "DAWGSTUDENT"
The stoic sarcasm of "KURTRAMBIS4"
The wisdom of the Rabi "SHMULEY"
The avatar of "WAS21"
The morning after the night before football game analysis of "WMD" & "COACH34"

FISHDAWG
07-03-2014, 08:32 AM
for me it's kinda like this
ED = local news, more in-depth coverage to the things you want to know in your area
SPS = world news - highlights close to you but also a lot of crap you dont really care about
Nafoom = cartoons -like the Simpsons , Family Guy, Beavis & ButtHead, ect ... strictly for entertainment
all other boards = no need to read

ETA-spelling

Coach34
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
And that's what is good with having both boards. SPS is fine for some people-
others? Not so much. Hell, I still look at SPS a
couple times a week. But both boards suit needs for people

Goat Holder
07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Best thing about this board, is that it's a bunch of folks that care about MSU. We don't all agree, or even like each other, but we're all motivated by the same thing - to see MSU athletics succeed. Even then, we may not all agree on the best way to accomplish that, but at least at the end of the day we all have that common goal. That cannot be said for 6pack, Gene's, and others.

Dental Dawg
07-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I once heard a rumor that a pro-rebel group was paying people to post negative comments about MSU on public message boards to constantly put MSU in a negative light. At first, I thought that was the stupidest crap that I ever heard. Then I started reading on SECRANT. There are about 10 posters on that board that do nothing but spew anti-MSU propaganda 24-7. I seriously doubt that any pro-Rebel group that would fund an attack or smear campaign, but if it does exist, it exist on that forum.

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Best thing about this board, is that it's a bunch of folks that care about MSU. We don't all agree, or even like each other, but we're all motivated by the same thing - to see MSU athletics succeed. Even then, we may not all agree on the best way to accomplish that, but at least at the end of the day we all have that common goal. That cannot be said for 6pack, Gene's, and others.
I like that this board seems to encourage new posters. I lurked for years on SPS and always felt that if you weren't one of the people in on the ground floor you weren't welcomed unless you wanted to troll (ain't my personality). I don't think I would have ever tried to do the GA QB stuff I did this fall on SPS - the troll reaction would not have been worth it.

Goat Holder
07-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I like that this board seems to encourage new posters. I lurked for years on SPS and always felt that if you weren't one of the people in on the ground floor you weren't welcomed unless you wanted to troll (ain't my personality). I don't think I would have ever tried to do the GA QB stuff I did this fall on SPS - the troll reaction would not have been worth it.

You are absolutely correct. Sixpack is the definition of a troll board honestly - but you have to be in their club. But there again, you need a few high quality trolls to make a board interesting.

sleepy dawg
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Sec Rant - Never - It is really too much to follow. If you don't stay there all the time, it's difficult to keep up.
247 - Never - I will occasionaly check out recruiting, but I never go to the message boards.
SixPack - Rarely - I would go to Sixpack more, but all the OT topics on the main board are annoying to me.

bulldawg28
07-03-2014, 12:36 PM
If you want an entire SEC site with guys who know their stuff I suggest SECTALK.COM I visit there when I'm not here. I refuse to pay on any site to get information. Between these two I can get all the info I need about the SEC.

Bullmutt
07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Living outside MS, my only way to get timely, in-depth information on MSU sports in a relatively short period of time (can't stay online all day) is with ED. Used to go to SPS some before ED came along but got tired of the OM shit really quiclyk. Also subscribe to Rivals site but am probably going to let it expire this Fall.

Vandownbytheriver
07-03-2014, 07:07 PM
no. I left a long time ago and have never missed it. 247 is the only pay site that's worth the subscription IMO. Best network and most accurate updates. there's a few idiots on the boards, but you have that everywhere.

I can't go on 247 because Paul still let's seven act like he's an expert on everything. I understand he does it for hits and all, but if Paul wants to be considering a real journalist, he needs to quit letting that tabloid run.

CadaverDawg
07-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Hell yes. I agree

Pollodawg
07-03-2014, 08:52 PM
SECRant - no, never. terrible.
247 - during recruiting season, yes, almost daily
SPS - I check out the topics a couple times a week when I've run out of internet to read

This.

dickiedawg
07-03-2014, 10:04 PM
I usually check ED multiple times/day. Mostly check SPS when I have time to kill, a couple times a week probably. But this board I feel like fosters discussion. Multiple people start the same thread? OK, we'll combine them. But over there, it's open season for "Germans" and other tires jokes. Also, I have absolutely no desire to read rebel posters' opinions and I'll be damned if a Rebel's going to lock my post.

Dawgsrule
07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Sec rant is absolute shit. Every single thread without fail ends up as Bama Lsu and Auburn fans taking turns bitching at each other with a bunch of ole piss comments consisting of them promising a national championship next year or talking shit about everything Msu and Lsu followed by everyone reminding them that they are still ole piss and they will still suck

Maroonthirteen
07-08-2014, 09:39 AM
I once heard a rumor that a pro-rebel group was paying people to post negative comments about MSU on public message boards to constantly put MSU in a negative light. .

Long time ago, wasn't the guy that ran EggBowl.com snuffed out as a Rebel who had a military background in media and propoganda? I know that was put out there....... But Eggbowl.com was definetly used for that very purpose.

jumbo
07-08-2014, 10:55 AM
SPS is the only one I don't read. It's blocked at work and I don't do a lot of interneting when I am home.