PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State's "Psycho Defense"

662dawg
07-02-2014, 09:38 AM
http://makeitrainsports.com/football/mississippi-states-psycho-defense/

Coach34
07-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Nice write-up

what stands out to me in all that is the ****ing depth we have. It's just amazing when you consider all the shit Mullen has gotten about recruiting. Nobody can look at our defense and say we haven't been recruiting very well.

662dawg
07-02-2014, 10:13 AM
I agree. Recruiting isn't near the problem some make it out to be. We will have a top 3-5 defense in the SEC this year and probably one of the top offenses as well.

We aren't where we need to be just yet, but we are strong there. There is a whole lot of "diamond in the rough" talent on this 2014 defense. It's kind of hard to dislike what Mullen has done on the recruiting front, even if the star rankings disagree.

DudyDawg
07-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Nice write-up

what stands out to me in all that is the ****ing depth we have. It's just amazing when you consider all the shit Mullen has gotten about recruiting. Nobody can look at our defense and say we haven't been recruiting very well.

Yup. We have some guys who can make big plays in CJ, Bmac, and Love/Cox, but I wouldn't say big plays are our strength. I think its depth, and that strength in depth will really start to show down the stretch of the season and late in games.

PassInterference
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I had forgotten about Matt Wells. That sumbitch is fast!

Goat Holder
07-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Mostly Geoff Collins IMO. Cannot be stated enough how important it is to retain your good assistants....especially on the side of the ball where your head coach is not an expert.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Wish they wouldn't use the term psycho defense. I remember them using that term several years ago when they couldn't stop a girl scout troop from selling cookies. I don't remember exactly when this was but it was near the end of JWS's tenure as head coach.

DapperDawg
07-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Speaking of Torey Dale... What's his story lately? I haven't heard any mention of him, since he arrived on campus. Is anyone expecting him to contribute this season?

BeastMan
07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Nice work 662

PMDawg
07-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Nice write-up

I can't speak for everybody, but I think he does well recruiting overall. However, the one problem spot to me has always been the OL and it still makes me nervous. If we picked up our OL recruiting, I'd be really happy with recruiting. If our OL was as deep as our DL, we'd be realistic contenders imo.

Barking 13
07-02-2014, 11:54 AM
what happened to Mayhem?

mic
07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
BMac
P Smith
Eulls
PJ
Cox
Love
Matty Wells

7 guys that will probably get drafted.. and I didn't even mention BBrown Redmond CJones Calhoun ect.....
NFL caliber guys every where..
that's how good we will be...

TrueMaroon
07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
BMac
P Smith
Eulls
PJ
Cox
Love
Matty Wells

7 guys that will probably get drafted.. and I didn't even mention BBrown Redmond CJones Calhoun ect.....
NFL caliber guys every where..
that's how good we will be...

Yeah some kid named Chris Jones may make it too**

Bully13
07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Nice write-up

you said the "17 word"....heh heh, heh.. hmm.

tcdog70
07-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Dez Harris, will be a "PLAYER"

Coach34
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Off our starting D- draftees will likely be:

Smith and Jones (who play the same side now)
BMac
Wells
Calhoun
Cox

Eulls, PJ, B. Brown, Love, Redmond are guys that also could end up drafted- we'll know more as we get into the Fall

and that doesn't take into account some others we have that we just haven't seen enough of yet like R. Brown, Nick James and others

mic
07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah some kid named Chris Jones may make it too**

for sure but not this year..
Hell if Redmond (thanks to Bracky) Calhoun and Yes Nick James all have big years they could declare after this year..