PDA

View Full Version : Jose altuve

msstate7
07-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Just heard on braves' broadcast that altuve only swung and missed 18 times the entire month of June. Wow! He also leads the al in hits. This kid (age 24) could give .400 a run in a few years.

DudyDawg
07-01-2014, 06:27 PM
He's like 24 for his last 50 or something ridiculous. Saw him live Sunday, and he was completely fooled on a pitch and poked it for a double.

Pioneer Dawg
07-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Astros building a contender.. Despite Dawg61's theory.

msstate7
07-01-2014, 06:44 PM
He's like 24 for his last 50 or something ridiculous. Saw him live Sunday, and he was completely fooled on a pitch and poked it for a double.

He's amazing with a bat in his hands. If there's a runner on 3rd game 7 of the WS, I want altuve at bat. God, I wish he was a brave

messageboardsuperhero
07-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Astros building a contender.. Despite Dawg61's theory.

To anyone who has watched them over the past month or two, the Astros look very much improved. Lots of young talent on that team now- and with even more coming up in the future. Here's a good article about their leadership- basically, they're all freaky geniuses.

http://www.si.com/longform/astros/index.html

Dawg61
07-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Altuve is also only the second player in the history of baseball to steal two or more bases in four consecutive games. Last time and only other time someone did that was in 1917. Altuve has 36 SB already this year. He is running like a mad man in front of Springer and I'm guessing why is because nobody will throw Springer a fastball. Altuve knows it's a curve or split or something much more difficult to throw a guy out on and he is stealing bags like crazy right now. 7 just got wood imagining Altuve as the leadoff hitter for the braves.

msstate7
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Altuve is also only the second player in the history of baseball to steal two or more bases in four consecutive games. Last time and only other time someone did that was in 1917. Altuve has 36 SB already this year. He is running like a mad man in front of Springer and I'm guessing why is because nobody will throw Springer a fastball. Altuve knows it's a curve or split or something much more difficult to throw a guy out on and he is stealing bags like crazy right now. 7 just got wood imagining Altuve as the leadoff hitter for the braves.

Yes I did. We'd be a WS contender for sure with a hit and stealing machine like him