PDA

View Full Version : Southern Miss- #SMTTT

messageboardsuperhero
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what this #SMTTT that USM is using stands for? I know a couple of Southern Miss fans who have tweeted this before, but I have no clue what it even means.

TheRef
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Southern Miss To The Top

hacker
07-01-2014, 02:16 PM
usually has a smiley face following it. "#SMTTT :)" arguably the worst hashtag/media campaign ever

messageboardsuperhero
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Southern Miss To The Top

Wow. That's ****ing lame.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I really wish we were playing those bastards in Hattiesburg this year, and at Starkville next season. We'll easily blow them out this year, and will have big heads going down into that hornets' nest next year. Not to mention they'll be in Year 3 which is typically the year of most improvement. I see this shit stain of a game coming from a mile away. Hopefully we'll have the horses to take care of business and it won't matter. Or maybe we'll have excitement due to our new coach Hudspeth.

SignalToNoise
07-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I really wish we were playing those bastards in Hattiesburg this year, and at Starkville next season. We'll easily blow them out this year, and will have big heads going down into that hornets' nest next year. Not to mention they'll be in Year 3 which is typically the year of most improvement. I see this shit stain of a game coming from a mile away. Hopefully we'll have the horses to take care of business and it won't matter. Or maybe we'll have excitement due to our new coach Hudspeth.

Not to mention that - by rule, it seems - we allow one non-conf opponent to take us to the wire every year. Makes sense that it would be the mustard buzzards.

ScoobaDawg
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM

WOAH is US... We are not losing to the buzzards period either year.

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Worse than this....

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smis/graphics/wallpapers/06-any-wallpaper-640x480.gif

preachermatt83
07-01-2014, 02:31 PM

WOAH?

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 02:31 PM

No wonder you're worried about Kentucky....you are the epitome of poor ol Misipi Tate

Grow a pair and develop some confidence in the Dawgs, mane.

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Worse than this....

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smis/graphics/wallpapers/06-any-wallpaper-640x480.gif

I think I saw that sign on the tri-Delta house in Oxford last week.

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 02:40 PM
I think I saw that sign on the tri-Delta house in Oxford last week.

Zzzzing

War Machine Dawg
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Worse than this....

*Except Mississippi State in Starkville.

sandwolf
07-01-2014, 03:10 PM
.....going down into that hornets' nest next year.

Haha, this is definitely the first time that I have ever heard anyone refer to "The Rock" as anything remotely intimidating.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
No wonder you're worried about Kentucky....you are the epitome of poor ol Misipi Tate

Grow a pair and develop some confidence in the Dawgs, mane.

I don't count on anything that I don't have a direct hand in. In the case of college sports, I have no say so. So I base it on history. We ARE poor ol whatever you said, until proven otherwise.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Haha, this is definitely the first time that I have ever heard anyone refer to "The Rock" as anything remotely intimidating.

Ruston, LA is not intimidating either. Neither is Troy. But you see what happened.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 03:20 PM

So do you want to be a cheerleader or do you want to be real? I didn't realize that the requirement for when I left Sixpack to come here was that I put flowers in my hat and sing Kumbaya at the alter that is MSU football.

If you think that's going to be an easy win then you've lost your damn mind. At least with the evidence we have at hand. Until the team proves differently, I will believe we are a 6-8 win team dependent on schedule strength (who has almost been clipped numerous times by C-USA types), and I will believe that Monken is a decent coach who will have USM competitive in Year 3. Keep smoking that fairy dust.

Todd4State
07-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Ruston, LA is not intimidating either. Neither is Troy. But you see what happened.

1. Ruston = Croom. I'll stop there.

2. Troy = We won anyway.

War Machine Dawg
07-01-2014, 03:52 PM

2. Troy = We won anyway.

Don't bother trying to argue facts with Goat. He's the ultimate "woe is us" MSU "fan."

curmudgeon
07-01-2014, 03:52 PM
SMTTT = Hail State

Its the Name of their fight song.

Lyrics:

Southern Mississippi to the top, to the top
So lift your voices high, show them the reason why
That Southern spirit never will stop
Southern Mississippi to the top, banners high
And we will fight, fight, fight to victory
Hear our battle cry!

Its a good fight song.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM

2. Troy = We won anyway.

OK, let's talk Mullen only...

2009: Lost to Houston. However, they were a good team and the refs f*cked us, but still. Have to beat them at home.
2010: UAB took us to the wire at home.
2011: Louisiana Tech took us to OT at home.
2012: Troy pushed us to the brink of disaster at their place.
2013: Bowling Green almost clipped us at home.

So, similar to Ole Miss and the CWS, if you keep knocking on the door, eventually it opens. We have one of these type games every year under Mullen and if we keep playing them close, we WILL get beaten again.

I seen it dawg
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM

2009: Lost to Houston. However, they were a good team and the refs f*cked us, but still. Have to beat them at home.

So, similar to Ole Miss and the CWS, if you keep knocking on the door, eventually it opens. We have one of these type games every year under Mullen and if we keep playing them close, we WILL get beaten again.

OK that makes the record there 4-1.....with even you saying our loss is tainted and to a good team..in his first year

Todd4State
07-01-2014, 04:49 PM

2009- We lost to a 10 win team led by a NFL QB. And even then, it took the officials to screw us over to beat us.
2010- 2013- we won all of those games.

It's like Coach Justice said- you are going to have to win some close games to go undefeated.

War Machine Dawg
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM
2009- We lost to a 10 win team led by a NFL QB. And even then, it took the officials to screw us over to beat us.

It's like Coach Justice said- you are going to have to win some close games to go undefeated.

Yep. Even Bama has a couple squeakers every season. 10-7, anyone?

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Yep. Even Bama has a couple squeakers every season. 10-7, anyone?

Not sure what either of your points are. I'm not arguing that we didn't win those games Todd4State. My point is that we should not be counting USM as a victory because we've proven every year to have a close call with a 'mid-major'. If we keep that up, we are going to lose one. Cue the Ole Miss to Omaha....if they get to the Supers enough, eventually they break through. Not sure how much more clear I can be. You either get it or you don't.

As for Alabama, who cares? Their close calls are against better teams, because they have better talent. Until I see Bama level talent in MSU uniforms, I will continue to believe that we are susceptible to a mid-major upset if we bring our C-game. Especially on the road to a competitive mid-major, which USM will probably be next season (if Monken is worth a shit). We aren't competing on Bama's level right now.

It's like you just want to argue. This is not hard to grasp.

Johnson85
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM

2010: UAB took us to the wire at home. I believe we sat Ballard for this game and a couple of other people that were nicked up to let them recover.
2011: Louisiana Tech took us to OT at home. Relf was banged up and we were already 17ed on the O-Line. We were barely a 6-6 team that year.
2012: Troy pushed us to the brink of disaster at their place. Chris Wilson.
2013: Bowling Green almost clipped us at home. A better team than USM is projected to be but a legitimate gripe. Mullen did kill a couple of drives by running Russell on designed runs.

If you're going to base our success next year off of how we looked as a team this past year, there's no reason to think we'll be anything other than 6-6. We did not look good toher than on defense, for the jast majority of the year. The reason to be optimistic about this year is that we have a ton of starters and Collins on Defense, and having nothing but dual threat qb's will hopefully allow Mullen to go back to what he's comfortable with, and not having any apparent Mullen favorites will result in having our best players being asked to do things that make sense for them.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 05:29 PM
If you're going to base our success next year off of how we looked as a team this past year, there's no reason to think we'll be anything other than 6-6. We did not look good toher than on defense, for the jast majority of the year. The reason to be optimistic about this year is that we have a ton of starters and Collins on Defense, and having nothing but dual threat qb's will hopefully allow Mullen to go back to what he's comfortable with, and not having any apparent Mullen favorites will result in having our best players being asked to do things that make sense for them.

One, I'm not basing anything on last year....I'm basing it on history. If Mullen wants to change history, by all means I hope he does.
Two, I was talking about USM in Hattiesburg in 2015 as the game they may beat us. The one on the road in a hostile environment.
Three, I don't agree with all that crap that you just spewed (and a lot of this board echoes) with Mullen's favorite players, the offense, etc. I don't want to argue about it, but I did want to highlight that that sort of thing will not really change my viewpoint on history. History seems to repeat itself, no matter the personnel/coaches/etc., until someone dynamic breaks the mold. I think Mullen is that guy, but it just takes a while at a place like MSU.

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 05:43 PM
One, I'm not basing anything on last year....I'm basing it on history. If Mullen wants to change history, by all means I hope he does.
Two, I was talking about USM in Hattiesburg in 2015 as the game they may beat us. The one on the road in a hostile environment.
Three, I don't agree with all that crap that you just spewed (and a lot of this board echoes) with Mullen's favorite players, the offense, etc. I don't want to argue about it, but I did want to highlight that that sort of thing will not really change my viewpoint on history. History seems to repeat itself, no matter the personnel/coaches/etc., until someone dynamic breaks the mold. I think Mullen is that guy, but it just takes a while at a place like MSU.

If history says we "play some bad teams close" then you also have to look at history saying "we always win those close ones". So either way, you're beating yourself in this debate. There is zero reason to worry about USM next year....especially in July of the year before. It's ridiculous as hell actually.

mparkerfd20
07-01-2014, 05:48 PM
SMTTT = Hail State

Its the Name of their fight song.

Lyrics:

Southern Mississippi to the top, to the top
So lift your voices high, show them the reason why
That Southern spirit never will stop
Southern Mississippi to the top, banners high
And we will fight, fight, fight to victory
Hear our battle cry!

Its a good fight song.

And when all their fans sing it in unison they make a damn fine trio!

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 05:50 PM
And when all their fans sing it in unison they make a damn fine trio!

Well done

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 05:52 PM
If history says we "play some bad teams close" then you also have to look at history saying "we always win those close ones". So either way, you're beating yourself in this debate.

Actually...no. We've routinely lost to these type teams throughout our history. Mullen has been better against them than most, but he's still playing them close. The only real fact here is that the margin of error is small - which is why if you keep straddling the fence, you'll eventually fall on the wrong side.

There is zero reason to worry about USM next year....especially in July of the year before. It's ridiculous as hell actually.

Well, I just made the statement that they could beat us. No one is worried about anything. It's not ridiculous. What's ridiculous is you and your minions expending maximum effort fighting a losing battle over something so trivial.

If you can't handle negativity, don't be an MSU football fan. Concentrate solely on baseball, the sport where we've actually won a little. And hey, without buying football tickets maybe you could afford some time to actually ATTEND a baseball game! Noble concept, right...

CadaverDawg
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
So you're basing what we do in 2015 against USM, on shit that happened when Croom was our coach?

I think this conversation is over.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3326564/goat-chewing-o.gif

Pollodawg
07-01-2014, 06:14 PM
We will destroy USM in Hattiesburg or Starkville. We would destroy USM on the friggen moon or the bottom of the ocean. This team has won one game in two years, folks......

DudyDawg
07-01-2014, 06:19 PM
We will destroy USM in Hattiesburg or Starkville. We would destroy USM on the friggen moon or the bottom of the ocean. This team has won one game in two years, folks......
Yeahhhhh that's what is confusing me. Goat is right, we've had close calls with some schools. But I don't believe one of them was 1-23

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
But I don't believe one of them was 1-23

But will they be in 2015? They could go 4-8 this season, then be ready to go 8-4 the following. They went from 12-2 to 0-12 in one year. I'm willing to bet that while we'll curb stomp them this year, the task won't be near as easy in Hattiesburg the following year. I swear so many can't think past the 5 feet in front of their nose.

And hey, maybe we are better then too, and we take care of business. But it hasn't been proven that we will yet. MSU is sort of the wild card, not USM.

Goat Holder
07-01-2014, 06:24 PM
I think this conversation is over.

It was over before it began.

DudyDawg
07-01-2014, 06:25 PM
But will they be in 2015? They could go 4-8 this season, then be ready to go 8-4 the following. They went from 12-2 to 0-12 in one year. I'm willing to bet that while we'll curb stomp them this year, the task won't be near as easy in Hattiesburg the following year. I swear so many can't think past the 5 feet in front of their nose.

And hey, maybe we are better then too, and we take care of business. But it hasn't been proven that we will yet. MSU is sort of the wild card, not USM.

We are talking about winning 9 games this year in the sec at least. So no, I'm not worried about them. Being how bad they've been the past few seasons and that we seem to be on the up (see: 2015 recruiting/new stadium reno), no, I'm not worried about them in 2015 based on talent alone. And you just said the team that went from 12-2 to 0-12 ISNT the wildcard? That makes sense.....

Dawg61
07-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Mullen has a ridiculous winning percentage in games he is favored to the tune of roughly 95% success rate and we most certainly will be double digit favorites @ USM. This game is 16 months away.

MSUDawg4Life
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Mullen has a ridiculous winning percentage in games he is favored to the tune of roughly 95% success rate and we most certainly will be double digit favorites @ USM. This game is 16 months away.

Yeah. Let's take care of the first game first. Though I think we're going to smash USM in both games.

Pollodawg
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
And FWIW, the OOC teams that Mullen has struggled with were way, way better than this USM team is.

MSUTTT1
07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Southern Miss To The Toilet

PassInterference
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Southern Miss To The Top.. of DWS. That's where they will sit.

Jack Lambert
07-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Their recruiting classes have been so bad the last three years, it will take atlest four years to regroup.

gravedigger
07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Goat, I think the main issue with your point is that the typical hard nosed cusa team coupled with our mediocre play WOULD be a more probable scenario but USM is in a death spiral that even the best of coaches will have trouble making competitive.

NONE of the other teams in your examples were anywhere near the same condition. MSU is on a pretty good high right now.

This isn't the msu or the usm you are comparing to.

One team is pretty strong and rising. One is near it's weakest point in history.

Goat Holder
07-02-2014, 10:13 AM
delete

Goat Holder
07-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Goat, I think the main issue with your point is that the typical hard nosed cusa team coupled with our mediocre play WOULD be a more probable scenario but USM is in a death spiral that even the best of coaches will have trouble making competitive.

NONE of the other teams in your examples were anywhere near the same condition. MSU is on a pretty good high right now.

This isn't the msu or the usm you are comparing to.

One team is pretty strong and rising. One is near it's weakest point in history.

I feel you. I hope you are correct. But last year our radical sector wanted to fire the coach. And on USM, if they can go from 12-2 to 0-12, they can probably go from 1-11 to competitive over 2 years. That's all I'm saying....are we really that high? Are they really that low? I've been burned by MSU too many times, and it's usually when you get the most fired up about them and it's the most 'cant miss'. Until it changes, I won't allow myself to think we'll bust out.