PDA

View Full Version : Cohen is frustrating as hell

Coach34
05-16-2013, 09:55 PM
but the fighting attitude he brings and his teams play with have to be loved and appreciated.

And recruiting is getting better as well.

1 more mf'ing win this weekend guys- you can do it

BeastMan
05-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Biggest 2 baseball games of the year and I'm at a required catholic pre marriage church camp. Did I mention I'm not catholic. No phones my ass

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Hilarious, Steve.

Coach, I agree with you. The bone headed base running blunders, and head scratchers like Armstrong instead of Porter or Slauter, and on and on and on....but yet here we sit at 39 wins and a great chance at hosting. Unbelievable. As frustrated as I get over Cohen, I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

Will James
05-16-2013, 10:24 PM
The attitude is great but can only take you so far. Things like letting Girodo start the 9th, sitting Porter, etc cause me more concern than an attitude gives me hope.

Jacksondevildog
05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Allegedly, we took the lead so fast, holder wasn't even in the bullpen stretching. That's why Girodo started the 9th. I still would have sent holder to the pen to stretch when we had 1st and 2nd 1 out down 2.

Homedawg
05-16-2013, 10:30 PM
The attitude is great but can only take you so far. Things like letting Girodo start the 9th, sitting Porter, etc cause me more concern than an attitude gives me hope.

I like porter but I don't have an issue w him not starting against a lh. Now holder not going out for the ninth? That's crazy.

Jacksondevildog
05-16-2013, 10:32 PM
What is frustrating as hell is our slow start by our pitching every game.

FFF
05-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Holder had no time to warm up. He wasn't coming in unless a save was on the line. He barely threw in the pen even when girodo went out there.

Will James
05-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Holder went to the pen in the 7th and was warm. The only reason he didn't start the inning was matchups. The. Only. Reason.

Jacksondevildog
05-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Well, twitter was saying different, per our reporters. Not saying they are right.
Holder went to the pen in the 7th and was warm. The only reason he didn't start the inning was matchups. The. Only. Reason.

Will James
05-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Well, twitter was saying different, per our reporters. Not saying they are right.

I literally watched him walk down there. He was ****ing around with the medicine ball during the 8th and was up and throwing before our half of the 8th even began. Just to get loose just in case.

I honestly thought we were going to let Girodo warm up to give Holder more time and then make the change when the batter got in the box, but Holder was done warming up when the inning started. Just my opinion from my viewpoint.

FFF
05-16-2013, 10:42 PM
A bunch of people went in the pen in the 7th. Twitter disagrees and I disagree because he wasn't throwing until we tied the game. Evan was up and throwing, though.

ETA: by throwing, I don't mean playing catch with Gardner. He wasn't throwing to warm up until we tied the game.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Biggest 2 baseball games of the year and I'm at a required catholic pre marriage church camp.

Jesus kid- I'm glad they didnt have that shit when I got married 20 years ago

Coach34
05-16-2013, 10:47 PM
A bunch of people went in the pen in the 7th. Twitter disagrees and I disagree because he wasn't throwing until we tied the game..

well,that still dumb as shit. When it's 4-2 and we have the bases loaded with less than 2 out- his ass needs to start tossing

Either we played match-up- bad move....or we didnt get him up in time to get loose- bad move

Will James
05-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Someone that was close to the field told me that when Cohen got his warning his was yelling at the up "You have no reason to warn me, I didn't cuss!!"

Will James
05-16-2013, 10:50 PM
well,that still dumb as shit. When it's 4-2 and we have the bases loaded with less than 2 out- his ass needs to start tossing

Either we played match-up- bad move....or we didnt get him up in time to get loose- bad move

Occams Razor. Which is the more likely scenario. Either way we won and beat up on a really good USCe bullpen.

Todd4State
05-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Hilarious, Steve.

Coach, I agree with you. The bone headed base running blunders, and head scratchers like Armstrong instead of Porter or Slauter, and on and on and on....but yet here we sit at 39 wins and a great chance at hosting. Unbelievable. As frustrated as I get over Cohen, I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

Well, Slauter hasn't had a hit in weeks. I'm not convinced he is 100% with his hand. Either way it's an o-fer. I think if he was healthy, he would probably be the DH.

Porter is just about the same player that Armstrong is. Both have about the same batting average. Porter has a higher slugging percentage. Armstrong has a higher OBP and is a base stealing threat who can also play the outfield defensively if needed.

Will James
05-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Porter's got a track record though and a really low BABIP. Armstrong just ain't a SEC starter right now in any circumstance. Porter deserves to be in vs RHP at minimum.

RBritt
05-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Beastman, my little class I went to like the one you are at was during the State vs Auburn game. I checked my phone a lot. I was floored when I actually watched the game the next day on dvr. Damn u Relf!!

mic
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM

You should have the closer in the pen in the 7th of EVERY game unless he isnt going to throw that game. I agree we tried to get fancy and go lefty on lefty to start the ninth and it almost burned us. If its the 9th and holder is going to pitch he starts the inning period.
The baserunning is on the players period..

CT loafing to 3rd (unless Mingione wasnt waving him the whole way) and Detz getting picked at 2nd. And even tho it wroked taking Ross out with a 1-2 count on the hitter is very against the norm..

Batting armstrong in the 7 hole (hell batting him period) is the head scratcher for me.. I get the left on right but sometimes you have to just put your better hitters in the lineup.. Frost Porter Robson all better than armstrong at the plate..

But a W is a W.. screw one more get the sweep and get the first round bye in the tourny..

CadaverDawg
05-17-2013, 10:28 AM
You should have the closer in the pen in the 7th of EVERY game unless he isnt going to throw that game. I agree we tried to get fancy and go lefty on lefty to start the ninth and it almost burned us. If its the 9th and holder is going to pitch he starts the inning period.
The baserunning is on the players period..

CT loafing to 3rd (unless Mingione wasnt waving him the whole way) and Detz getting picked at 2nd. And even tho it wroked taking Ross out with a 1-2 count on the hitter is very against the norm..

Batting armstrong in the 7 hole (hell batting him period) is the head scratcher for me.. I get the left on right but sometimes you have to just put your better hitters in the lineup.. Frost Porter Robson all better than armstrong at the plate..

But a W is a W.. screw one more get the sweep and get the first round bye in the tourny..

Great post. Especially that bolded part.