PDA

View Full Version : US Soccer Hooligans......

War Machine Dawg
06-30-2014, 12:56 PM
The WWL is reporting that Jozy Altidore has been cleared to play against Belgium tomorrow. That's great news, puts us back at full strength.

TheRef
06-30-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't think he starts tomorrow against Belgium but he will come in late in the second half, in my opinion.

RC3
06-30-2014, 03:02 PM
I don't think he starts tomorrow against Belgium but he will come in late in the second half, in my opinion.

this my guess as well, but only if we are trailing or need a go ahead score....

Statefan
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah but if you sub him in and he reinjures himself and you have to remove him you have wasted 2 of the 3 subs. And if was the third sub, we would be down to 10 men in a game that may go 120 minutes.

Playing him gives us a much better chance to score but it's a major risk. Hopefully he can start and go 60 minutes or so

RC3
06-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Yeah but if you sub him in and he reinjures himself and you have to remove him you have wasted 2 of the 3 subs. And if was the third sub, we would be down to 10 men in a game that may go 120 minutes.

Playing him gives us a much better chance to score but it's a major risk. Hopefully he can start and go 60 minutes or so

true but if your backs are against the wall, i think you take that risk. it would be best to let him sit another four or five days if at all possible. if we go down early, as we have the tendency to do, then sub him...just my .02

Statefan
06-30-2014, 03:53 PM
I really hope that we see him tomorrow but the exact time to put him in is tricky

You would hate for us to get down early, put him in at half only for him to reinjure himself, then get an equalizer and have to go extra time with a lot of tired bodies.

It also depends if he is 100% or if he is closer to 50%