Coach34
06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
good for him

Dawg61
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Hope he makes it, good player

RC3
06-30-2014, 11:43 AM
soon to join his mentor, jamont gordon in some eastern europen soviet block nation

thf24
06-30-2014, 11:55 AM
I really hope he can break in at some point. He's got all the tools to be a perfectly serviceable backup PG in the NBA when compared to what many teams are stuck with. Definitely want to see him succeed as he was a great dawg on the court, if not so much off of it.

MzTerry
06-30-2014, 12:14 PM
I really hope he can break in at some point. He's got all the tools to be a perfectly serviceable backup PG in the NBA when compared to what many teams are stuck with. Definitely want to see him succeed as he was a great dawg on the court, if not so much off of it.

I would like to confront this whole idea, not you necessarily...

What did Dee Bost do off the court that was so bad? The boneheaded day late draft thing?

He never got into any trouble off the court, he was never academically ineligible... I was around Dee Bost some when he was in school and while he wasn't the absolute nicest guy in the whole world, he certainly wasn't anywhere near an ass. I feel like he gets a bad wrap b/c his senior year didn't go the way we all wanted it to.

What say the board?

Coach34
06-30-2014, 12:55 PM

he was never academically ineligible...

What say the board?

that is not true. He was suspended for some extra games because of academics following the draft deadline debacle

coastdoglover
06-30-2014, 01:47 PM
that is not true. He was suspended for some extra games because of academics following the draft deadline debacle

He was suspended for a couple of games for missing class. But since you have been quoted as saying our former coach never used discipline, Why should we believe you now?

BeardoMSU
06-30-2014, 02:12 PM

What did Dee Bost do off the court that was so bad? The boneheaded day late draft thing?

He never got into any trouble off the court, he was never academically ineligible... I was around Dee Bost some when he was in school and while he wasn't the absolute nicest guy in the whole world, he certainly wasn't anywhere near an ass. I feel like he gets a bad wrap b/c his senior year didn't go the way we all wanted it to.

What say the board?

He had to sit out the first 9 games or so of his junior year because of academics, but other than that, Dee was a great bulldog. I don't know why so many people give him shit. He busted his ass on the court for us.

tcdog70
06-30-2014, 02:22 PM
I'll bet ole Ricky Ray-would shit a brick to have a Dee Bost on His team. He doesn't have a single person who has the ability to guard Dee Bost. He would light out current team up. But wait-oh yeah, he was All SEC-. But he had a shitty attitude-who cares, he wasn't trying for Mr Congeniality.

RC3
06-30-2014, 03:01 PM
his attitude towards his coach was disgraceful. it was a recurring theme with later stansbury teams. when your supposed team leader is rolling his eyes at his head coach in huddles during timeouts, you got problems. kid was certainly talented though and I may have been rolling my eyes if i was in the huddle as well

hacker
06-30-2014, 03:09 PM

What say the board?

But he has a lot of tattoos.**

Coach34
06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
He was suspended for a couple of games for missing class. But since you have been quoted as saying our former coach never used discipline, Why should we believe you now?

9 games is more than a couple Grandpaw- it's 1/3 of the season.

Coach34
06-30-2014, 03:37 PM
I'll bet ole Ricky Ray-would shit a brick to have a Dee Bost on His team.

wtf does that have to do with him making the Pacers? Or anything in this thread?

Irondawg
06-30-2014, 04:49 PM
I'll be interested to watch a little NBA TV to see how he looks if he gets any PT. Of the guys we've had the past few years it always surprised me Rhodes never made a bench as he had several very good summer league showings. It was immediately clear when watching Gordon that he'd never make a NBA team. He couldn't get around anybody off the dribble at that level which meant you needed to be a good shooter, which he wasn't.

Seperate note, with the Sixers tanking again I wonder if SWAT can land a full time gig there next year

RossDawg82
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM

He missed class because he got horrible advice and tried to enter the draft

RattStevens
06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
He needs to be picked up by the Rockets or the Spurs, then he will be close enough to be able to tell Stansbury what plays to run.

Dawg61
06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Bost was a major locker room cancer. Let's just leave it at that. He doesn't play here anymore and I wish him the best of luck making his dream. He plays hard and I enjoy watching him play. Let's not act like he was a Saint while at MSU though. He was a major contributor to Stansbury losing the team and his job but it was bound to happen eventually. Stansbury had no backbone.

TheDogFather
06-30-2014, 08:23 PM
wtf does that have to do with him making the Pacers? Or anything in this thread?

Not a damn thing.

But it's true.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Bost was a major locker room cancer. Let's just leave it at that.
How the hell do you know that?

Maybe he was, but I'd wager that the biggest problem with the locker room had to do with the head coach. If anyone was the cancer, it was him.