PDA

View Full Version : If any of you frequent FaceBook there is a group on there I found last night called

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Hail State vs Hotty Toddy - The Ultimate Rivalry Group. If you feel like bashing bears and getting them so riled up they can't see straight this is the group you need to join. I had a couple so mad last night that I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to find my address online. They may try their best to say they are not obsessed with MSU and aren't worried about our success as of late but this FB group proves they are wetting their pants frightened. It was even more entertaining because they tried the typical bear playbook. First they deny something you said was true and say you are an idiot and must be an ED regular (proof this site scares them too). Then when you prove your point they spin it on some technicality and try to make you prove it again. When you do that then they say the evidence was doctored. It was great. When you prove your point further still they finally just shut up. Furious bears that can't say anything. The best sound in the world.

b.mcadams
06-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Only bored housewives "frequent facebook". FB will be dead in 5 years.

Pollodawg
06-30-2014, 09:02 AM
That's pretty funny.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2014, 09:04 AM

So was that yours I saw on their with the Craigs list link?

Dawghouse
06-30-2014, 09:05 AM

Are you saying there won't be bored housewives in 5 years?

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Are you saying there won't be bored housewives in 5 years?

+1

b.mcadams
06-30-2014, 09:22 AM
just my opinion... FB has taken a backseat to at least 3 other social media sites. Kind of hard to grow a business when your only demo is housewives.

TheRef
06-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Problem with Facebook is the equation that is written in the code of the website. In order for people to see ALL of your posts as soon as you post them, you must pay Facebook directly. Many Meteorologists are moving away from FB and moving towards Twitter, G+, and even tumblr to get information out to the public. FB is losing ground quickly in relevance and with the recent findings that FB purposefully messed with the news feed in order to conduct a social experiment, many (including myself) are about to cut out Facebook altogether.

Dawghouse
06-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Data doesn't really back up these claims. I suspect it's because you guys both fall into the declining market for FB. College age and below is declining while everything older is still increasing in usage, and men are increasing more than women (men are finally getting off their wife's account and making their own).

http://cdn.istrategylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/FB-20141.png

Political Hack
06-30-2014, 09:55 AM
parents signed up to spy on their kids, so their kids dropped off. Once the kids are off completely, the parents will stop frequenting it. It's cyclical. Twitter is the new Facebook and fits our limited attention spans better.

b.mcadams
06-30-2014, 09:56 AM
That would be concerning news if I was Zuckerberg. The younger generation drives social media. Eventually, your demo is going to die along with the product. Anyway should be interesting to see what FB execs do to get the younger crowd back.

And no, I'm not in the college age or below demo. The only people I know that use FB are my wife, her mother, and some of her friends.

TheRef
06-30-2014, 10:05 AM
I am in the college age demo, but I'm speaking from a Meteorlogist's perspective and the problems that we see in using it to distribute valuable information to the public via social media. We are having to have full discussions and presentations on "How to Beat the Facebook Algorithm". When you have public entities having to discuss how to beat a coded algorithm for a social media site, your usefulness drops off significantly. Now I realize that I'm discussing a very small group that wishes to utilize such a platform, but that's what Meteorologists and other public safety officials are having to deal with. G+ and Twotter are much more friendly because it allows everything to be sent to everyone immediately. No delay. No filtering of who will see it. Nothing. Everyone sees everything immediately when you post it.

b.mcadams
06-30-2014, 10:12 AM
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/facebook-is-dead-1569469413

Pretty much sums it up.

Maroonthirteen
06-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Not no, but heck no

I could NOT care less what they have to say. I don't frequent their message boards either.

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Not no, but heck no

I could care less what they have to say. I don't frequent their message boards either.

Could not care less

Someone had to say it. Carry on

662dawg
06-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Hail State vs Hotty Toddy - The Ultimate Rivalry Group. If you feel like bashing bears and getting them so riled up they can't see straight this is the group you need to join. I had a couple so mad last night that I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to find my address online. They may try their best to say they are not obsessed with MSU and aren't worried about our success as of late but this FB group proves they are wetting their pants frightened. It was even more entertaining because they tried the typical bear playbook. First they deny something you said was true and say you are an idiot and must be an ED regular (proof this site scares them too). Then when you prove your point they spin it on some technicality and try to make you prove it again. When you do that then they say the evidence was doctored. It was great. When you prove your point further still they finally just shut up. Furious bears that can't say anything. The best sound in the world.

This one is mostly the rebel rejects from the original smack page. They bring msu members that will agree with them or you'll either be blocked by the admins or booted lol.

Their member numbers are so high bc of so many fake profiles & dead people. For real. They are sooo delusional & the reason they couldn't stay on the original page bc they didn't wanna read anything bad about the bears lol.

This one is about 50/50. Still a lot of delusional bears, but hilarious to laugh at.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogsandrebssmackdown/

We have also started an MSU recruiting site. Will add more to it as we go.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/msurecruiting/

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2014, 10:33 AM
This one is mostly the rebel rejects from the original smack page. They bring msu members that will agree with them or you'll either be blocked by the admins or booted lol.

Their member numbers are so high bc of so many fake profiles & dead people. For real. They are sooo delusional & the reason they couldn't stay on the original page bc they didn't wanna read anything bad about the bears lol.

This one is about 50/50. Still a lot of delusional bears, but hilarious to laugh at.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogsandrebssmackdown/

We have also started an MSU recruiting site. Will add more to it as we go.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/msurecruiting/
That explains why I had a supposed MSU fan call me an idiot last night. They're bear apologists.

662dawg
06-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes. You agree with them or you're booted. That's why they started their own page. They can't take it lol

Maroonthirteen
06-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Just noticed........is the real Blake McAdams posting here? If so, I was working in Covington at the time you graduated from Ripley and signed with State. People up there said good things about you. Thanks and Congrats on your football career.