PDA

View Full Version : All Mississippi Football Team

CadaverDawg
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
If tomorrow MSU and OM were joined and we had to come up with a starting lineup using both team's players....what would your lineup be?

Offense?

QB Dak
RB Josh Robinson
WR Treadwell
WR DeRunnya
Slot Jameon
TE Evan Ingram
OL Tunsil
OL Clausell
OL Day
OL ?
OL ?

Defense?

DE P Smith
DE CJ Johnson
DT Chris Jones
DT Knemdick
MLB McKinney
OLB Wells
OLB Knemdouche
CB Calhoun
CB Love
S Conner
S Prewitt

These are just off the top of my head. How would your lineup look? I don't know much about OM's OL outside of Tunsil now that Gholson is gone. Thoughts?

thf24
06-29-2014, 09:04 PM
I'd probably take B. Brown over the elder Kemdichey because of how strong he came on down the stretch last year, but I agree with yours other than that. I don't want to sound like a homer but I think I'd put Clayborn and Malone in the remaining two OL spots. I really just don't know who else OM has there.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Sederious bryant for the other olb. He is small but a good college player. He is better than brown or kemdichey.

Shackelford is also the type of guy you want on your team. Oddly enough, he just seems like a guy that should be in starkville.

Who knows how he will play. He has been injured for a decade.

hailmari
06-29-2014, 09:10 PM
That DL would be an absolute terror.

Political Hack
06-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Favre
Rice
Moulds
Sweetness
Kelly
Oher
Buckles

I give up... y'all get the idea.

Political Hack
06-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Sederious bryant for the other olb. He is small but a good college player. He is better than brown or kemdichey.

Shackelford is also the type of guy you want on your team. Oddly enough, he just seems like a guy that should be in starkville.

Who knows how he will play. He has been injured for a decade.

agree on Shackleford. Although I'd take BMac and Wells over any other two LBs in MS.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes but you need a 3rd LB. Bryant is the third best. Arguably second.

Wells is the fastest LB in the sec but lacks a few things, as does bryant.

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 12:00 AM
I agree with Bryant over little knem.

What about OLine? I'm assuming Tunsil, Clausell, and Day....but who would be the final 2?

War Machine Dawg
06-30-2014, 12:04 AM
I'll give it a go:

Offense -

QB: Dak
RB: Josh Robinson
WR: Treadwell
WR: Bear
WR: Lewis
TE: MoJo
LT: Tunsil
LG: Clayborn
C: Day
RG: Malone
RT: Clausell

Defense -

DE: P. Smith
DE: Isaac Gross/CJ Johnson (rotation)
DT: Chris Jones
DT: R. Kimdeechee
WLB: Wells
MLB: McKinney
SLB: B. Brown
CB: Love
CB: Calhoun
Nickel: Redmond
S: Conner
S: Prewitt

I've actually thought about this a lot, and this list is the reason I think we spank the BearSharks this year, even if the game is in Oxford. They only have about 5-6 players that would start for us. And Prewitt is good, but I'm not entirely convinced he's better than Cox now that he's back at his natural position or Market. For all the love "Bird" Bryant gets, he's really not any better than Beni Brown, who's bigger and probably as fast. Obviously Treadwell, Tunsil, Little Big Kimdechee, and Conner would all start. I really like Isaac Gross, especially if he could be freed up to move to DE. CJ is good, but I really like the potential of Ryan Brown. Gotta go with production, though.

The scariest part for me about combining our 2 teams would be the front 7 2-deep on D. I've listed starters, but how's this for a backup front 7:

DE: R. Brown
DE: Shackleford
DT: PJ Jones
DT: Eulls/N. James
WLB: Bryant
MLB: Dez Harris/Richie Brown
SLB: R. Brown/D. Kimdeechee

Player to watch on the BearShark roster in 2014: Temario Strong. I'd totally forgotten about him, but that kid is a BEAST. Don't be surprised if he makes some noise this season. Linebacking is in the Strong blood.

RougeDawg
06-30-2014, 01:32 AM
I'd probably take B. Brown over the elder Kemdichey because of how strong he came on down the stretch last year, but I agree with yours other than that. I don't want to sound like a homer but I think I'd put Clayborn and Malone in the remaining two OL spots. I really just don't know who else OM has there.

OM is loaded at all positions. You should know this after reading the articles from Football Guru Phil Steele. They are only one of the 3 SEC teams that have a shot at the new playoffs.

Todd4State
06-30-2014, 01:43 AM
QB- Dak
RB- Robinson/Shumpert
WR- Bear
WR- Treadwell
Slot- Jameon
TE- Ingram

LT- Tunsil
LG- Clayborn
C- Day
RG- Malone
RT- Clausell

DE- Chris Jones
DT- Nick James
DT- Nkemdiche
DE- Preston Smith

OLB- Wells
MLB- McKinney
OLB- Tony Conner

CB- Calhoun
CB- Love
S- Cox
S- Prewitt

K- Ritter is still there right?
P- Bell

Rick Danko
06-30-2014, 06:46 AM
Shackleford still has eligibility left? How the hell is it Ole Miss always has a player that has been playing no less than ten years and get away with it? Shackleford, Jeff Scott, Dexter McCluster, and so on.

TheRef
06-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Ritter graduated this past season. The starting kicker will be Nathan Noble. He played his True Freshman year. They redshirted Ritter that year. They switched them last year so that they wouldn't burn Noble's year of eligibility. He played for Washington School during High School.

CousinEddie
06-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Shackleford still has eligibility left? How the hell is it Ole Miss always has a player that has been playing no less than ten years and get away with it? Shackleford, Jeff Scott, Dexter McCluster, and so on.

He blew up his knee 3 years ago...sate out a year....then when that surgery didn't take, they NCAA granted him a 6th medical redshirt year.

You can hate on a lot of college athletes, especially ones that play for rivals, but kids like Shackleford should be left out of that nonsense.

From all accounts, he is a great kid, a good role model, never seen a lick of trouble, has multiple degrees, and not only that, he stuck it out for 2 years of being injured...never knowing if he would ever really see the field again. And to top things off...he spent those 2 years of being injured staying active with the team, continuing to be a good example for the younger players

All things considered, Shackleford has my respect and then some for how he has handled adversity.