PDA

View Full Version : Big Dawg Camp invites

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 08:12 PM

If someone can post this^ larger that would be great.

Has this been discussed? I love what it says about our program and facilities

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Maybe it shouldn't have, but it surprised me there is a charge to go to these.

TheRef
06-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Maybe it shouldn't have, but it surprised me there is a charge to go to these.

Can't...otherwise it's an NCAA violation.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-28-2014, 08:34 PM
All on campus camps there is a fee. These kids get a lot of free stuff so they have to charge to avoid ncaa violations.

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2014, 08:50 PM
I should have assumed that. Don't know why I didn't.

Crystal Balls
06-28-2014, 09:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SwYO3HL.jpg

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Crystal Balls

blacklistedbully
06-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Jalen Merrick? Jalen Bates?

Dawg61
06-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Whoever does these letters is creative and funny, I love it

Big4Dawg
06-28-2014, 10:38 PM
It's jalen bates, he tweeted it Friday.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2014, 05:29 AM
The fee could also explain why poor rural kids suffer from even more than a lack of media access and don't get the star ranking that urban kids get who have more money and opportunities.

sbcmortgageman
06-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Swag approves of this letter.

poposay
06-29-2014, 02:09 PM
How y'all aren't embarrassed I don't know. We talked about this on the other forum on Friday. WTF is a boy dawg? And Addidas swag. That is mickey mouse bullshit.

msstate7
06-29-2014, 02:11 PM
How y'all aren't embarrassed I don't know. We talked about this on the other forum on Friday. WTF is a boy dawg? And Addidas swag. That is mickey mouse bullshit.
Are you unpleased with how our recruiting looks so far?

thf24
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM

Good thing they aren't trying to recruit you then. I would think our staff whose jobs are centered around 18-22 year old athletes know what works a little better than you armchair coaches and recruiters do.

I will admit the "Boy Dawgs" doesn't make a lot of sense, and is probably a typo, and is more than a little embarrassing if so.

poposay
06-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Are you unpleased with how our recruiting looks so far?

Hell no. But that invite letter makes us look bad when we are finally making some inroads with real talent. Ask yourself this, would Alabama or Auburn or LSU send out something like that? Nope.

TheRef
06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Hell no. But that invite letter makes us look bad when we are finally making some inroads with real talent. Ask yourself this, would Alabama or Auburn or LSU send out something like that? Nope.

That's true. But recruiting is about standing out in a recruit's eyes and mind. You have to be unique. Recruits like uniqueness. If a recruit can look back and say "Hey...I remember [insert University here] sending me [insert whatever here] a couple of months ago. I like them," then the mission has been accomplished.

AlSwearengen
06-29-2014, 02:26 PM

**** off!

thf24
06-29-2014, 02:27 PM

This exact kind of material that you think is embarrassing and "mickey mouse bullshit" is exactly what had us in the game with Marlon Humphrey right down to the end. This stuff IS what's making the inroads with real talent.

poposay
06-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Good thing they aren't trying to recruit you then. I would think our staff whose jobs are centered around 18-22 year old athletes know what works a little better than you armchair coaches and recruiters do.

I will admit the "Boy Dawgs" doesn't make a lot of sense, and is probably a typo, and is more than a little embarrassing if so.

Not gonna fight you on the first part because you're right. It's that last part that chaps my hide. I'd laugh my ass off if LSU sent a croot something that asked them if they wanted to be a Big Tigah. That's who we used to be but not who we are now. At least I'd been hoping we turned a corner.

poposay
06-29-2014, 02:29 PM
That's true. But recruiting is about standing out in a recruit's eyes and mind. You have to be unique. Recruits like uniqueness. If a recruit can look back and say "Hey...I remember [insert University here] sending me [insert whatever here] a couple of months ago. I like them," then the mission has been accomplished.

Yes. Can of Swag was effing smart. Boy Dawg isn't.

TheRef
06-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Yes. Can of Swag was effing smart. Boy Dawg isn't.

If we gain recruits with it, will it really ****ing matter? End justifies the means in my opinion.

poposay
06-29-2014, 02:37 PM
If we gain recruits with it, will it really ****ing matter? End justifies the means in my opinion.

I don't agree but I'm not going to start flaming.

Dawg61
06-29-2014, 02:40 PM

Recruits don't care about that part. What impresses them is the $160 pair of pre-released RG3 cleats and the $100 worth of clothes they are getting. Those cleats are sick. Adidas did us well here. It's not about what impresses you it's about what impresses the high school recruit.

http://youtu.be/caDMnUbVmh4

RC3
06-29-2014, 03:43 PM
"Boy dawg" has got to have some meaning or theme for the camp. Probably something inside that none of us know anything about.

thf24
06-29-2014, 03:48 PM
"Boy dawg" has got to have some meaning or theme for the camp. Probably something inside that none of us know anything about.

God I hope so. I have no problem with its usage if it's intentional, I'm just terrified it's a typo that's supposed to say "Big Dawg."

thedawg
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Yall are acting all high and mighty like we have done shit in the eyes of the recruits we are competing with Bama and LSU for...turned what corner? For as much progress as we have made we went 7-6 last year. and havent beaten LSU in the lifetime of the kids we are recruiting.. If this and the can o swag stands out to recruits that otherwise would list us in there top five and never really think about us who cares how we do it?

MarketingBully01
06-29-2014, 07:33 PM

I am not embarrassed and it works with the recruits. Collins is a bad ass recruiter and you mention LSU, Alabama, and Auburn. Les Miles is an idiot and some how he relates to the recruits. Also, Auburn has Big Cat weekend where they take a ride in a Auburn colored Limo. Shit, the only school that doesn't use gimics like this is Alabama and it's only because Nick Saban has the reputation he does and Alabama has a billion championships.

You have to do these things to get noticed IMO. I think it's awesome marketing. It's a way to stand out and not be like the poor ole Mississippi State that I am sure you are used to and would much rather us employ. I say don't stop whatever is working and this is working.

Coach34
06-29-2014, 07:40 PM

We can't recruit the same way Bama, LSU, and Auburn recruit

MarketingBully01
06-29-2014, 07:44 PM
We can't recruit the same way Bama, LSU, and Auburn recruit

Yeah Coach, but the only one who doesn't use gimics is Alabama. All of those other schools use some type of gimic. Auburn's Big Cat weekend really has made an impression for them and allowed them to stay relevant even in the midst of Saban's three national titles at Alabama.

mathistondawg
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I bet it is supposed to say big dawgs hence big dawgs camp

sbcmortgageman
06-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Gracious alive. Some people just can't ever be happy. If the recruits like it so should everyone here.

RC3
06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
I bet it is supposed to say big dawgs hence big dawgs camp

I don't think our staff would've signed their names to that without getting it fixed

BossDawg
06-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Some of you Photoshop gurus should make one that would've been passed out during Croom and Templeton's watch.

Political Hack
06-29-2014, 09:44 PM

there are "boy dogs" and there are girl dogs.

You know what you call a girl dog? That's what they'll be calling the others.

RC3
06-29-2014, 09:46 PM
there are "boy dogs" and there are girl dogs.

You know what you call a girl dog? That's what they'll be calling the others.

Just a guess or is this the true reasoning ?

Political Hack
06-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Just a guess or is this the true reasoning ?

just a guess.

RC3
06-29-2014, 10:05 PM
It works

whosyourdawgy
06-30-2014, 06:47 AM
A boy dawg is a recruit that we want. After they come to camp, they will have the opportunity to be BIG DAWGS! I mean how hard is that to figure out and why is that embarrassing? I swear some of you have to find something to bitch and WHINE about in EVERYTHING ever done at MSU.