PDA

View Full Version : This has really got to be an inside joke between columnists

GreenheadDawg
06-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Yep. OM's gonna be NaTiONal ChAmPS!!1
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-teams-fit-national-championship-criteria-2014/

JDog13
06-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Best comment at the bottom has to be this bear fan.

PCB Rebel
Commented : 3 days ago

"As an Auburn grad, the only thing that should “worry” you about UGA is when you’ll get the next DB turned QB dismissal from UGA. So far though, your track record is excellent on picking up other team’s good players….."

ShotgunDawg
06-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Ahh, the mid-summer hype machine never fails.

DudyDawg
06-28-2014, 03:52 PM
It's Steele? Doesn't that tell you all you need

RougeDawg
06-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Jesus. Just when you think Phil Steele can't be any more retarded after his QB rankings, he goes and makes this list.

BossDawg
06-28-2014, 04:54 PM
This is what I can't figure out: After last year everyone was talking about all the players OM was losing, their O-line will be atrocious...etc...etc...

Now all of a sudden they have great depth and will be awesome this year.

How/when did all of this change?

mstatefan91
06-28-2014, 05:00 PM
It's magic

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Justin-Flom-Magic-Trick.gif

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Someone bookmark this trash

msstate7
06-28-2014, 05:04 PM
This is what I can figure out: After last year everyone was talking about all the players OM was losing, their O-line will be atrocious...etc...etc...

Now all of a sudden they have great depth and will be awesome this year.

How/when did all of this change?
It's fine. I love their players reading all this. Let em read their undeserved headlines and keep partying. I bet OM's coaching staff is gonna have a hard time convincing their guys to put in the work required to win big. I hope our players are reading it too and it makes them work even harder. All this hype won't mean a thing after the first kickoff.

Dak4Heisman
06-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Well we will see on the field, yet again!

missouridawg
06-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I wonder if this type of journalism is going to be the new norm.

ESPN has shown you can get massive ratings when you hype up a player and they fall tremendously in the draft. See Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn, and Johnny Manziel. The amount of coverage they got by doing this was enormous.

Is Ole Miss the team everyone is setting up for failure to boost ratings?

thf24
06-28-2014, 06:40 PM

ESPN has shown you can get massive ratings when you hype up a player and they fall tremendously in the draft. See Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn, and Johnny Manziel. The amount of coverage they got by doing this was enormous.

That's been my suspicion for a while now. I just don't see any other angle that ESPN and the rest of the sports media could benefit from by hyping them up so much.

The Croom Diaries
06-28-2014, 06:53 PM
If you actually go read Phil Steele's article you will see how he determined the list. He didn't concoct some formula so that ole miss would be on the list, it just ended up that way.

BossDawg
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Anybody see this comment by "I H8 Leghumpers" or whatever? I'm not sure if he thinks he's talking to a Missou dude or State dude, but either way:

"I’m ashamed to admit I’m from Missouri after that pathetic trolling post by Mr missu all day. Good Grief!! … You just pissed that your little ole team didn’t make the grade on Phil’s list. You benefitted from teams having injuries to win the games you did last year. You should readjust your overblown head … you don’t get to sit at the Grown ups table in the SEC .until you have PROVEN with consistency you can play with the big boys.
Now go back to your barn and do your chest thumping for those cows and chickens … “show me” boy.
Rebels got talent a solid coach and without injuries would whip you mules all day every day. HOTTY TODDY!"

So.....since when did Ole Miss start sitting at the grown up table? The article is one thing, but their fans really are just stupid. Really stupid.

msstate7
06-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Anybody see this comment by "I H8 Leghumpers" or whatever? I'm not sure if he thinks he's talking to a Missou dude or State dude, but either way:

"I’m ashamed to admit I’m from Missouri after that pathetic trolling post by Mr missu all day. Good Grief!! … You just pissed that your little ole team didn’t make the grade on Phil’s list. You benefitted from teams having injuries to win the games you did last year. You should readjust your overblown head … you don’t get to sit at the Grown ups table in the SEC .until you have PROVEN with consistency you can play with the big boys.
Now go back to your barn and do your chest thumping for those cows and chickens … “show me” boy.
Rebels got talent a solid coach and without injuries would whip you mules all day every day. HOTTY TODDY!"

So.....since when did Ole Miss start sitting at the grown up table? The article is one thing, but their fans really are just stupid. Really stupid.

Mizzou made it to Atlanta in their 2nd year. When's the last time OM went?

BossDawg
06-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Mizzou made it to Atlanta in their 2nd year. When's the last time OM went?

That's what I can't get past. I hope he's just trolling. I mean, when in the world did OM fans get the bragging rights to flap their gums like that?

GreenheadDawg
06-28-2014, 10:17 PM
That's what I can't get past. I hope he's just trolling. I mean, when in the world did OM fans get the bragging rights to flap their gums like that?

It's pointless to try to understand why they are the way they are. They live in their own little delusional world

thunderclap
06-29-2014, 02:39 AM

Uh, they go undefeated every February. Duh.

dawgs
06-29-2014, 03:57 AM

Except the rest of the country cares about ole miss like your avg msu fan cares about Washington st, whether good or bad.