PDA

View Full Version : Konnor Pilkington HS baseball--commit

MsStateBaseball
06-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Baseball America wrote an article on him. Must read. Kid is really doing well for his travel team. Butch did excellent job recruiting him. Those 3 LHP we got in this class are off the chart! Sorry I couldn't link article.

Todd4State
06-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Every year, there is a junior that emerges in the playoffs in Mississippi. This year, it was Pilkington.

Actually, it's not just the LHP's that are loaded in this class. The RHP's are pretty good themselves.

LHP- Padgett, Breaux, Pilkington

RHP- Riley, Hughes, and James

We aren't even in July yet, and we really don't have any needs as far as pitching goes, so we're playing with house money at this point. We'll take someone if they can help us of course, but we can also afford to take a chance on a high end guy like a Touissant from last year.

messageboardsuperhero
06-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Every year, there is a junior that emerges in the playoffs in Mississippi. This year, it was Pilkington.

Actually, it's not just the LHP's that are loaded in this class. The RHP's are pretty good themselves.

LHP- Padgett, Breaux, Pilkington

RHP- Riley, Hughes, and James

We aren't even in July yet, and we really don't have any needs as far as pitching goes, so we're playing with house money at this point. We'll take someone if they can help us of course, but we can also afford to take a chance on a high end guy like a Touissant from last year.

If we can get five of those guys on campus, we'll be in great shape.

Todd4State
06-28-2014, 12:25 PM
If we can get five of those guys on campus, we'll be in great shape.

I agree we have to avoid the draft and Tommy John- which is why you can never have enough pitching. I think Padgett and Riley are the main draft risks at this point- but the others certainly have the ability and talent to be considered draftable. I feel good about us getting Riley into school at this time though based on the rumors I've heard.

AlSwearengen
06-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Todd, can you give a quick cliff notes version of what happened in the state finals between desoto and oak grove? Basically, who pitched against who and what was the results? I know there were a lot of runs scored in the second game, but very few in the first and third.

Todd4State
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Todd, can you give a quick cliff notes version of what happened in the state finals between desoto and oak grove? Basically, who pitched against who and what was the results? I know there were a lot of runs scored in the second game, but very few in the first and third.

I didn't go to games 2 and 3, but I did go to game 1.

It was Riley vs. McCarty in game 1 and Riley struggled and everything Oak Grove did seem to go their way. Oak Grove won.

Keegan James pitched in game 2 I believe and DeSoto Central won that one. Keegan James vs. Taylor Braley. It was 12-11 and won in extra innings.

Game 3 was Braley (yes, again) vs. Dallas Woolfork who took the loss I think. It was a 2-1 game.

My opinion from watching one game- DeSoto Central has more talent but Oak Grove played better.