PDA

View Full Version : First Post, hello to all

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Hello Gentlemen, first post on Elite Dawgs! I have been visiting for a while and just reading the posts. I like the group and I especially like MSU baseball talk. Outside of MSU: I am an Atlanta Brave and Chicago Bear fan. I am also a fan of MSU women's sports, softball, soccer, and volleyball.

Dog related facts about me:

I am a second generation dog alumnus
I was present, in the DNF grandstand, for the Master?s Grand Slam
I lost my mind when we failed to score on the LSU goal line in 2009
I lost my mind when refs robbed us of Vick Ballards TD at Auburn and later Relf came short
I lost my mind when refs gave BYU a victory in Starkville
I lost my mind when Jay Barker's fumble was ruled a forward pass...this call was as pivotal to MSU's fortunes as the Brady tuck against Oakland
I don?t understand why MSU is currently letting Ole Miss recruit the heck out of St Louis metro area without contest (all sports)
I was sitting in the student section last time we beat LSU, never thought it would be this long
My MSU engineering education has served me well, no complaints. Even done work in Ivy League schools, MSU prepared me like a Champ

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-28-2014, 07:21 AM
Ok

Dawgbite
06-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Hello and welcome but your post raises a question. As a new poster, are you better off to submit your Dawg Fan resume as you did or casually make snide but unremarkable post until your post count builds to the point of acceptance. I also agree that a MSU engineering education serves well and leads to unlimited opportunities.

msstate7
06-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Ok

Jerk haha

MS_half-step
06-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Troll

BeastMan
06-28-2014, 08:21 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/35817/succesful-troll-o.gif

First post, gotta be*****

Saltydog
06-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Welcome aboard.

DudyDawg
06-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Welcome. Glad to have you. Why do you keep losing things

EngineerDawg
06-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok

+1

TheRef
06-28-2014, 11:55 AM
My only question about is post is why the apostrophe marks are question marks. The only time I've seen that is when you copy and paste a text. So that's my one worry about that post.

Dawg61
06-28-2014, 12:11 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/10Sa8k39ZFtufu/giphy.gif

Bully13
06-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Hello Gentlemen, first post on Elite Dawgs! I have been visiting for a while and just reading the posts. I like the group and I especially like MSU baseball talk. Outside of MSU: I am an Atlanta Brave and Chicago Bear fan. I am also a fan of MSU women's sports, softball, soccer, and volleyball.

I lost my mind when refs robbed us of Vick Ballards TD at Auburn and later Relf came short
I lost my mind when Jay Barker's fumble was ruled a forward pass...this call was as pivotal to MSU's fortunes as the Brady tuck against Oakland
I don?t understand why MSU is currently letting Ole Miss recruit the heck out of St Louis metro area without contest (all sports)
I was sitting in the student section last time we beat LSU, never thought it would be this long
My MSU engineering education has served me well, no complaints. Even done work in Ivy League schools, MSU prepared me like a Champ

your admiration of MSU women's sports will cut your percentage of one month banations by 50%.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 01:22 PM

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt7y94VNGv1qednuqo1_500.gif

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2014, 02:53 PM
It's risk mitigation to paste from Word, my daughters, 2.5 and 11 months, love to hit keys on dads PC when he is typing. Cheers.

TheRef
06-28-2014, 02:54 PM
It's risk mitigation to paste from Word, my daughters, 2.5 and 11 months, love to hit keys on dads PC when he is typing. Cheers.

Haha...sounds like a good explanation to me. Welcome to ED.

mstatefan91
06-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Why is this a thing now?

HereComesTheSpiral
06-28-2014, 03:50 PM
So what engineering degree did you get and when did you graduate?

Todd4State
06-28-2014, 04:19 PM

I don?t understand why MSU is currently letting Ole Miss recruit the heck out of St Louis metro area without contest (all sports) I was sitting in the student section last time we beat LSU, never thought it would be this long

Just one thing- HUH?

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 04:26 PM
http://cdn.gagbay.com/2013/07/they_see_me_trollin-318957.jpg

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Todd 4 State, its an honor to reply to a question from you. You are the top dude on this board.

I am surrounded by baseball and softball fanatics in my office with kids at all levels of competitive ball. I know we signed DuPont(?) from Chesterfield, but my resident softball expert tells me that OM has camps and "people" that have made OM "the place" for St Louis kids to get far from parents and go to school. The baseball dads confirmed the same thing for elite baseball. This year OM signed the top player in the city (that was not a draft pick) and they have a presence in the sports-competitive Lafayette high school that produced DuPont. Nic Perkins is the kid that is reputed to be the Best. I don't know the Chesterfield kid.

Note: I am no expert on talent, I just see that STL kids are wearing OM hats, sweaters, and reputable players are headed to OM.

Dak4Heisman
06-28-2014, 05:37 PM
So it isn't just me or my post that get's tabbed as troll!!!

Just keep your head down for awhile dude. I think you gotta get to like 100 posts before being accepted.

FISHDAWG
06-28-2014, 05:57 PM
snipers everywhere .... you're hit before you hear the sound of the shot ... it's battle scars that count around here - not always the post counts

Pioneer Dawg
06-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Todd 4 State, its an honor to reply to a question from you. You are the top dude on this board.

Ok now we know

Homedawg
06-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Ok now we know

Now that drew a chuckle! Good stuff.

Dawg61
06-28-2014, 06:31 PM
snipers everywhere .... you're hit before you hear the sound of the shot ... it's battle scars that count around here - not always the post counts

http://youtu.be/XY61XmDJ-1w

blacklistedbully
06-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Ok now we know

Yep. I was gonna cut him some slack until that. All credibility just went down the pooper. ;)

chainedup_Dawg
06-28-2014, 07:28 PM
So it isn't just me or my post that get's tabbed as troll!!!

Just keep your head down for awhile dude. I think you gotta get to like 100 posts before being accepted.

I have found, after years at SPS and now here, that the "introductory" post is automatic cause for raised suspicion. Just register and jump right in to casual conversation and 9 times out of 10 you won't catch any flack. Once the introductory post is made, it can take a while to get rid of the cross hair on your back though.

TheRef
06-28-2014, 07:32 PM
I have found, after years at SPS and now here, that the "introductory" post is automatic cause for raised suspicion. Just register and jump right in to casual conversation and 9 times out of 10 you won't catch any flack. Once the introductory post is made, it can take a while to get rid of the cross hair on your back though.

That's pretty much it. If you make an introductory thread, the target on your back gets quite large.

Bass Chaser
06-28-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't post much but based on your post you're an engineer working for an insurance company. How did you become a Bear and a Braves fan living in St. Louis?

sbcmortgageman
06-28-2014, 07:42 PM

Just curious but your original post was at 2 am. Why would your young kids still be awake?

PassInterference
06-28-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't post much but based on your post you're an engineer working for an insurance company. How did you become a Bear and a Braves fan living in St. Louis?

Excellent analysis. He's an engineer for sure. Probably a manager. Only a manager would type a billeted list in Word and paste it to a message board.

That said, engineers are cool. Welcome.

Dawg61
06-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Just curious but your original post was at 2 am. Why would your young kids still be awake?

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsytgzz4O1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

Bully13
06-28-2014, 08:18 PM

you suck at being a troll

Dak4Heisman
06-28-2014, 08:37 PM
I disagree. If someone came in and just started talking about things then if they didn't agree with the masses then they would be tabbed a troll or bear. Especially if they had anything negative to say about the coaches or program. Besides isn't it kind of rude to just start talking without introducing yourself? Just saying.

TheRef
06-28-2014, 08:39 PM
I disagree. If someone came in and just started talking about things then if they didn't agree with the masses then they would be tabbed a troll or bear. Especially if they had anything negative to say about the coaches or program. Besides isn't it kind of rude to just start talking without introducing yourself? Just saying.

Not in most message boards. I know that I didn't make an intro post and most people here wouldn't say I was rude for not making an intro post.

gravedigger
06-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Nope. Just good ole fashioned pragmatism. The appeals to emotion and dear old Msu is what is suspicious.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Deleted

chainedup_Dawg
06-28-2014, 08:59 PM

That's why your first few posts are ones to not go against the grain. It's not rude on message boards. This isn't a meet and greet. You won't offend anyone by diving right in. By posting an introductory post you open yourself up to immediate ridicule rather than just entering conversation about the teams we all love.

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2014, 11:42 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsytgzz4O1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

Since we are going into Dr House territory now....Some of you guys are awesome, like the Lemurs in Madagascar, scared of the foosa. I have to watch that damn movie at least one per week.

(1) Post started at 7pm, kids made it impossible.
(2) Started over in word
(3) Put one kid down for the night, read another a bed time story, came back and forgot about it
(4) Started writing again, wife asked if this was a pervert site with sports fans discussing strip joints and the like, logged out again and lost thought pattern
(5) Showed the wife the great baseball talk that has drawn me here for a while - thanks Todd-4-State and MsStateBaseball
(6) Finished and finally posted

Other Dr House stuff
(1) For the young-men, you are no longer an Engineer in title after 30...but you remain one mentally but you adopt PPT and bullet formats
(2) My big bulldog memories never include OM, if you are true maroon, do our big moments ever include them?
(3) Trolls come in during the height of recruiting season when the venal kids are all in-play
(4) I guess I could be a Soviet style troll that comes in years ahead of an actual need and then will strike when Moscow needs it...like in the book "the company"

TheRef
06-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Since we are going into Dr House territory now....Some of you guys are awesome, like the Lemurs in Madagascar, scared of the foosa. I have to watch that damn movie at least one per week.

(2) Started over in word
(3) Put one kid down for the night, read another a bed time story, came back and forgot about it
(4) Started writing again, wife asked if this was a pervert site with sports fans discussing strip joints and the like, logged out again and lost thought pattern
(5) Showed the wife the great baseball talk that has drawn me here for a while - thanks Todd-4-State and MsStateBaseball

Other Dr House stuff
(1) For the young-men, you are no longer an Engineer in title after 30...but you remain one mentally but you adopt PPT and bullet formats
(2) My big bulldog memories never include OM, if you are true maroon, do our big moments ever include them?
(3) Trolls come in during the height of recruiting season when the venal kids are all in-play
(4) I guess I could be a Soviet style troll that comes in years ahead of an actual need and then will strike when Moscow needs it...like in the book "the company"

http://i.imgur.com/MVBC23P.gif

Dawg61
06-29-2014, 12:45 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8cJT-7a9X4I/UKT5WEuJCjI/AAAAAAAAiGQ/13RvYii_jfA/s1600/tumblr_m83qoz7WFg1rt7loco1_500.gif

FISHDAWG
06-29-2014, 07:41 AM
yep ... if he's an engineer, he can't possibly be a rebel bear landshark ..... right ?

MaxedOutMaroon
06-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Nobody can be that incompetent and be an engineer; therefore, I declare TROLL

Offshore Dawg
06-29-2014, 08:29 AM
You are getting the SPS treatment.

Pioneer Dawg
06-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Nobody can be that incompetent and be an engineer

http://www.calabriaexchange.com/Italy/Leaning%20Tower%20of%20Pisa%20small.jpg

DownwardDawg
06-29-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www.calabriaexchange.com/Italy/Leaning%20Tower%20of%20Pisa%20small.jpg

Hahaha!!!!!! I literally Lol'd!!!

BulldogBear
06-29-2014, 09:59 AM

(2) Started over in word

Other Dr House stuff

Do our biggest moments ever include them? Sounds a lot like they're not our true rival. You never should have gone there. My decision is made:

I do think "The Federalist Engineer" is a great screen name though. Major props for that.

I await the hammer.

Noxdog
06-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Do you like the bunt or not? How he answers will determine his future.

Bully13
06-29-2014, 10:44 AM
4 "lost my minds", "why can't MSU recruit like ole miss does in st. Louis", "last time we beat LSU"... even the Master's GS and the "ivy league" quote seems to sneak some sarcasm... you are an ole miss troll. obsession with elite dawgs

CadaverDawg
06-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Something tells me it won't be long..

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130919044711/defenderoftexel/images/5/51/Banhammer.gif

DownwardDawg
06-29-2014, 11:18 AM

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130919044711/defenderoftexel/images/5/51/Banhammer.gif

I love the banhammer. It makes me smile.

TheRef
06-29-2014, 11:19 AM

Can I have his vCash?

hells bells
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Can I have his vCash?

Too much information. Hammer down.

RougeDawg
06-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Hacker and I Seen It must be away this weekend on a couples cruise. I'm surprised they haven't chimed in on this one yet.

I'm leaning Landshart, but I might be wrong.

Bubb Rubb
06-30-2014, 01:01 PM

Everyone knows the biggest Ballard screwjob was in the overtime Arkansas game that we lost. I say he be trollin'.

preachermatt83
06-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I give him the benefit of the doubt. we never know who is trolling and who is not.. I know OM fans that swear up and down that ShotgunDawg is a bear troll.

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
I give him the benefit of the doubt. we never know who is trolling and who is not.. I know OM fans that swear up and down that ShotgunDawg is a bear troll.

Yea I've heard that too, but I don't get the point if he is. What's the end game? Shotgun can be a little optimistic at times, but If he's a troll he isn't a good one, bc he doesn't hurt the board in any way. I think Reb fans say he's a troll bc he gets under their skin. A Rebel fan that pumps optimism about MSU all day on this board is not a troll in my book.

preachermatt83
06-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Yea I've heard that too, but I don't get the point if he is. What's the end game? Shotgun can be a little optimistic at times, but If he's a troll he isn't a good one, bc he doesn't hurt the board in any way. I think Reb fans say he's a troll bc he gets under their skin. A Rebel fan that pumps optimism about MSU all day on this board is not a troll in my book.

I agree completely and that is my point.. everyone approaches message boards differently and has different personalities so I think it's hard to tell who is a troll and who is not so I would give this new guy a benefit of the doubt before dropping the hammer because there is noway any of us know at all yet if he is true maroon or not.

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 02:43 PM
I agree completely and that is my point.. everyone approaches message boards differently and has different personalities so I think it's hard to tell who is a troll and who is not so I would give this new guy a benefit of the doubt before dropping the hammer because there is noway any of us know at all yet if he is true maroon or not.

Yea, he's not banned bc there's nothing against being "suspicious", ha. But he has a target now, so we'll see