PDA

View Full Version : Like clockwork -- new Kyle Field suites SOLD OUT...

engie
05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Some of those went for literally millions each -- the 12 Founders' Suites went for $1mil/yr with a 15 yr contract(12 of these suites). Every single one now sold out in under 2 weeks -- 2 years before completion. Will be curious to see if they now try to add more suites to the rebuild given the incredible demand for crazy overpriced seats. FWIW, I believe this basically pays for their $450 million expansion...certainly a very, very large percentage of it.

They will bring in more additional money from their 12 "Founders Suites" in a given year than we will bring in from our entire expansion. How much money they have is total insanity if you think about it.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Yep- the day they joined the SEC it became the "Big 7" instead of Big 6

Kevin Sumlin is a lucky mf'er and will be there 10 years

I do worry that 1980, 1998 and 1999 were the only years in my lifetime that we had a chance to win the SEC. As time passes now- the divide between the top half and the bottom half looks bigger and bigger

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Yep- the day they joined the SEC it became the "Big 7" instead of Big 6

Kevin Sumlin is a lucky mf'er and will be there 10 years

I do worry that 1980, 1998 and 1999 were the only years in my lifetime that we had a chance to win the SEC. As time passes now- the divide between the top half and the bottom half looks bigger and bigger This why I never understood why so many people (State fans) thought it would be a good idea to bring in A&M. Sort of like those same fans want us to play OK St to start a season where we will potentially/likely win 6 or less games. If we go 7-5 regular season on average the rest of my life I'll be thrilled.

Bullmutt
05-17-2013, 10:10 AM
It's still a basic truth of life that a rising tide lifts all boats. As long as we remain competitive, being in a stronger SEC is to our advantage. Just consider the increased revenues we are seeing and which will only grow with the new Tv network. We could choose to be a big fish in a small pond in a minor conference, but who (other than USM) could take any pride in that?! And it's still possible that all that increased revenue could help us to become one of the bigger fish. The revenue increases we are about to witness will go much further in helping us than it will the Bamas and LSU's. You can only throw so much cash at an undertaking before the law of diminishing returns takes effect, and it's hard to believe that the larger programs aren't at the cusp of that point.