PDA

View Full Version : Big day for all us tackle junkies in central MS.

State82
06-27-2014, 04:53 PM
The new Academy Sports opened in Flowood. I'm going to let the crowds thin out some before checking it out. May try it during the week. I love Academy.

BeastMan
06-27-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm pumped. I like having less reasons to be on county line

PassInterference
06-29-2014, 04:20 PM
County Line is going Metrocenter very fast.

Offshore Dawg
06-30-2014, 06:45 AM
I have found that the Academy in Covington has better prices than Bass pro on many items. I do love Academy.

SpeckleDawg
06-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Most of my gear comes from the Academy in GPT. Love that store.

State82
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Most of my gear comes from the Academy in GPT. Love that store.

I've only been in that store once but it is definitely a good one. The Academy in Houma is also top notch. That's the only thing about the store on County Line. No marsh gear to speak of. New store will probably be the same way. But I guess that's what you get when you live almost 200 miles inland.

BeastMan
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Dad just told me there is no saltwater stuff at all. Consider me disappointed

State82
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Dad just told me there is no saltwater stuff at all. Consider me disappointed

Yeah, about what I figured. Oh well, it will still be another place to kill some time every now and then when I'm out that way. Like I said, I am a tackle junkie with a bad habit. That is the reason I love going to Bassmaster Classics. It is the outdoor show I go for. My favorite place around the Jackson Metro area is Van's. My favorite of all is Mark's Outdoors in Birmingham. That place has it all. I'm not a fan of Bass Pro. I could not tell you when I have purchased anything there.

BeastMan
07-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Make no mistake, I'll still go and browse. Plus the clothes and other stuff I'm constantly going to Academy for

Barking 13
07-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah, about what I figured. Oh well, it will still be another place to kill some time every now and then when I'm out that way. Like I said, I am a tackle junkie with a bad habit. That is the reason I love going to Bassmaster Classics. It is the outdoor show I go for. My favorite place around the Jackson Metro area is Van's. My favorite of all is Mark's Outdoors in Birmingham. That place has it all. I'm not a fan of Bass Pro. I could not tell you when I have purchased anything there.

This.. and FLW Cup too... K&S in Columbus is pretty good too.. Dick's, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, I usually drive right by....

I had a pro I saw in Wal Mart years ago tell me, " they've got a lot of stuff for folks going fishing, but they ain't got shit for fishermen" lol