PDA

View Full Version : SEC Top 25 RBs

justwin
06-27-2014, 02:37 PM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-running-backs-2014

I thought the first 6-9 guys on the list was pretty good & wonder if Robinson can be top 10 @ season's end. Besides Hurd @ UT, most of everyone outside the top 10 seems like the same type of player.

To get to the top 10, JRob's going to need 180+ carries. Gurley and most of the other feature backs will get 200+. For reference, Relf had 194 & Vick 186 carries in 2010. Vick scored 19 tds & Relf had 5. What's crazy is Dak had 134 carries for 13 tds last year. I still think Dak needs to refine pitching / giving the ball on the option. He's fantastic @ scrambling and the QB keepers, but he can really be great if he pitches it when he should.

DudyDawg
06-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Biggest surprise up top to me was the freshman from bama. I know his talent is high, but he hasn't really done anything besides the OU game

hacker
06-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Biggest surprise up top to me was the freshman from bama. I know his talent is high, but he hasn't really done anything besides the OU game

Henry? He is a beast. He avg'd over 10 yards per carry for the year.

Radddawg
06-27-2014, 03:07 PM

Spot on ***

DudyDawg
06-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Henry? He is a beast. He avg'd over 10 yards per carry for the year.

Not saying he's not good. Just said it was a bit early.

Political Hack
06-27-2014, 03:19 PM
LSU's freshman is #8 but also on the Heisman odds list. That doesn't add up.

Hypnodawg
06-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Derrick Henry has looked absolutely amazing every time I've seen him touch the ball. That kids got talent.

ETA: I don't get JRob being that low. Article is basically saying he wouldn't rate as even being a backup on half the teams in the SEC. I think he looks much better than that.

HancockCountyDog
06-27-2014, 03:39 PM
LSU's freshman is #8 but also on the Heisman odds list. That doesn't add up.

I've seen him play. I would take him ahead of a few guys on that list. 225 lb guy that run like a deer. That is why Im glad we have LSU early.

TUSK
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM

actually, Arkansas was one of his better performances... He's legit... and, save Gurley, he "may" be the best in the conference with enough touches.

if you have time, check out this video... keep in mind, he plays at ~240-245.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgmup9fPSOw

Covercorner2
06-27-2014, 10:59 PM
actually, Arkansas was one of his better performances... He's legit... and, save Gurley, he "may" be the best in the conference with enough touches.

Got 13?!!!! RTR damnit!

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2014, 11:16 PM

I actually like publications using evaluation as part of the selection and not just stats. We can't have it both ways folks. We complain because Bo Wallace is ranked ahead of Dak on some lists because he has better numbers when everyone with a good eye or two knows that Dak is better. Henry or Gurley is the best running back in the SEC regardless of numbers. I'm glad that a magazine actually picked the best players and not just the players that had the best stats.

PassInterference
06-27-2014, 11:20 PM

How many years in a row has Bama had a underclassman RB that looked like the best RB in the SEC?

I'm ****ing sick of Bama. All dynasties come to and end. It is high time Saba retires and Bama hires another Shula.

DudyDawg
06-27-2014, 11:25 PM
I think y'all are misreading what I said and reading too far into it. All I'm saying is he isn't proven so I wouldn't have him "that high". Never said I wouldn't have him on the list, and never said he wouldn't be a star. Just that he hasn't proven it, so he, and fournette, should be a bit lower until they do

Pollodawg
06-28-2014, 10:51 AM
How many years in a row has Bama had a underclassman RB that looked like the best RB in the SEC?

I'm ****ing sick of Bama. All dynasties come to and end. It is high time Saba retires and Bama hires another Shula.

Seriously. I don't really have much beef with Bama the team in all honesty. It's their fans I don't like. And, really, I am just tired of ****ing hearing about them.