PDA

View Full Version : Does Ray really think we have NBA talent??

fishwater99
06-27-2014, 01:11 PM
"Ray believes his current Mississippi State roster possesses a few players who could catch the NBA?s interest down the road."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2014/06/26/ray-believes-several-mississippi-state-players-garner-nba-attention/11445245/

RougeDawg
06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Could be the reason his recruiting and results suck so badly. He doesn't know how to decipher good from bad.

thf24
06-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Sword could make it with a TON of work on his outside scoring. Way too much of a reach to even speculate on anyone else.

TheRef
06-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Then again, what coach is going to say "None of my guys have the ability to make the NBA whatsoever."

Also, if you read the article he says that if they work to their fullest potential then they could catch interest. I swear that sometimes you're just BEGGING for a chance to bash Ray.

thf24
06-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Then again, what coach is going to say "None of my guys have the ability to make the NBA whatsoever."

Also, if you read the article he says that if they work to their fullest potential then they could catch interest. I swear that sometimes you're just BEGGING for a chance to bash Ray.

+1

Dawg61
06-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Eh you're reaching here. Ray didn't sell that he has NBA talent he just wasn't a dick and said he doesn't have any. What coach says "no none of my players could potentially play in the NBA". Only part of this interview that bothered me was the two players, Black & Houston not being able to play with the team yet and Bloodman being hurt. I found the "2 hours per week" talk interesting too. This seems like a major loophole just waiting to happen. Hopefully Ray is smart enough to know how to get the players to practice and improve and still stay under that 2 hours a week rule. That's so easy to get around.

http://youtu.be/UihnjD_KJYM

Johnson85
06-27-2014, 01:36 PM
"Ray believes his current Mississippi State roster possesses a few players who could catch the NBA?s interest down the road."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2014/06/26/ray-believes-several-mississippi-state-players-garner-nba-attention/11445245/

Sword looks to me like a Keith Bogans type player. Undersized two, good at attacking the rim but lacking the handle and instincts to be a true 1. Of course there's a significant difference in their shooting ability, but I think that was a question for Bogans also although maybe not as significant.

Not sure who else he would be talking about unless it's a big man that sat the bench last year. I like Ready but it's still hard to project that he'd develop enough that he could over come his size in the eyes of scouts and gm's.

Outside Dawg
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM
We probably don't have NBA talent, but thats not what he was saying. Sometimes we make more of this stuff than we should.

Outside Dawg
06-27-2014, 01:49 PM

+2

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Interesting, and yet none of you guys pointed out the biggest fail of that article...I will give you a hint it involves Jarvis Vernado being drafted in the first round in 2012....you guys are slacking....hehe.

fishwater99
06-27-2014, 01:53 PM

How am I bashing Ray? I quoted an article and asked a question.
I am waiting until after the season starts to bash Ray, he gets another year from me...

quickstrike2
06-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Na, there's no NBA talent on this team, but I understand that a coach can't come out and say that. I respect for Ray for saying what he said, maybe it will motivate the guys to reach their full potential. However then, I still wouldn't think they would catch on in the league.

Political Hack
06-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Sword could make it with a TON of work on his outside scoring. Way too much of a reach to even speculate on anyone else.

no.

TheDogFather
06-27-2014, 06:20 PM

Yes. And before you know it more coaches will be copying his recruiting tactics than are copying his defense. (I would say defenses but I think he may only have one. Two at the most. But I digress.)

dogshiek
06-27-2014, 07:11 PM
I would be happy with sec talent.

RiverCityDawg
06-27-2014, 08:20 PM
You're trying too hard and coming across like a dumb ass on multiple message boards. You ask "Does Ray really think we have NBA talent?"

Reporter: "Who do you have that is at that level (of getting drafted in the NBA)?"
Ray: "If you were to look at our team at this point in time who is there, you would say no one."

He goes on to say some guys could maybe get there if they work hard, which is what ANY coach would say.

Look, if we suck again this year everyone will agree he's no good. You don't have to make shit up to make him look bad in the meantime.

TheDogFather
06-27-2014, 10:50 PM
You're trying too hard and coming across like a dumb ass on multiple message boards. You ask "Does Ray really think we have NBA talent?"

Reporter: "Who do you have that is at that level (of getting drafted in the NBA)?"
Ray: "If you were to look at our team at this point in time who is there, you would say no one."

He goes on to say some guys could maybe get there if they work hard, which is what ANY coach would say.

Look, if we suck again this year everyone will agree he's no good. You don't have to make shit up to make him look bad in the meantime.

Agreed. He looks bad enough all on his own.

Dog316
06-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Rick Ray is a winner. He will turn things around and save the basketball program from a mediocre existence which consisted almost exclusively of winning the West or the SEC Tournament only to falter in what really matters, The Big Dance. I've read it here over and over again. So give the guy a chance. And yes, he may need five or six years to get things rolling. Be patient.

DudyDawg
06-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Rick Ray is a winner. He will turn things around and save the basketball program from a mediocre existence which consisted almost exclusively of winning the West or the SEC Tournament only to falter in what really matters, The Big Dance. I've read it here over and over again. So give the guy a chance. And yes, he may need five or six years to get things rolling. Be patient.

A winner? Yeahhhh. I'm not saying I want him fired, don't like him, or anything else, other than the fact that he isn't a winner, at least not yet.

And nowadays, you don't get 6 years when you're this bad. Don't expect that

Raytoraid83
06-28-2014, 09:30 AM
He will turn things around and save the basketball program from a mediocre existence which consisted almost exclusively of winning the West or the SEC Tournament only to falter in what really matters, The Big Dance.

Hahahahahahahhahahahaahha

tcdog70
06-28-2014, 11:09 AM

Back away from whatever you are Drinking. "Winner", When has He won?. He might become a WINNER but so far--NOT. I have not seen one thing Ray has done to make Me feel like He will ever win Shit.

bluelightstar
06-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Was that post not dripping with sarcasm?

RougeDawg
06-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Was that post not dripping with sarcasm?

He must've forgotten these, **.

Offshore Dawg
06-29-2014, 08:36 AM
I expect to see a decent improvement in the product on the court this year. If not, it is time to re-think the hire of RR.