PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi's connection to the World Cup: Jermaine Jones

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 10:45 PM
I didn't know that Jermaine Jones lived in Greenwood as a child. Any ever meet his family?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Jones

MaxedOutMaroon
06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I did the exact same thing and noticed the exact same thing. That's interesting and makes him more American and less German in my book

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I did the exact same thing and noticed the exact same thing. That's interesting and makes him more American and less German in my book

I heard him speak today though and he does have German accent. Wonder how many young African American kids in Greenwood, MS have German accents? Someone must've met him. Should've stuck out like a sore thumb.

TheRef
06-27-2014, 07:21 AM
I heard him speak today though and he does have German accent. Wonder how many young African American kids in Greenwood, MS have German accents? Someone must've met him. Should've stuck out like a sore thumb.

He lived in Greenwood for like a year when he was seven. Also with him having lived on Rammstein makes it a little more likely that he might only have a very light German accent at that time. Now I'm sure I could be completely off-base (no pun intended) with this. I am curious to why they were in Greenwood, but I have no idea for that.

DownwardDawg
06-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Oh hail yeah!!!!!!! We got rednecks all over the place!!!!! Whoot whoot!!!!! He's my new favorite.

Entodawg
06-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I believe I read somewhere that his father was originally from Mississippi. Also, I've seen where some people have been posting a picture where he followed and communicated with Cedric Jiles on Instagram. I'm curious to know what the connection is between them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-27-2014, 09:10 AM
I believe I read somewhere that his father was originally from Mississippi. Also, I've seen where some people have been posting a picture where he followed and communicated with Cedric Jiles on Instagram. I'm curious to know what the connection is between them.
If that's true, the university should try to contact him and have him as a guest for a football game next year.

DawgHouseUnited
06-27-2014, 09:17 AM
If that's true, the university should try to contact him and have him as a guest for a football game next year.

Think he can put a football through the uprights?

/only partially joking