PDA

View Full Version : Grizz fans.....

War Machine Dawg
06-26-2014, 09:18 PM
What do you think of the pick of Jordan Adams? Personally, I really hate it. Why not take Rodney Hood? Taller, more athletic, and a better shooter. He just seems to "fit" the type of player the Grizz are successful with as opposed to Adams. Our management is f'n awful. Not to mention Joerger is a lame duck coach next season after management tried to force him out. Just terrible. And we don't even have a second round pick to take a flyer on someone.

hailmari
06-26-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't dislike the pick, but I agree, I thought Hood was the perfect fit. Adams sounds like a grind-it-out type player and that's what Memphis thrives on.

Also, just got Stokes from TN for a 2016 2nd round pick. I'll take depth.

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Stokes is a great trade and he only costs a 2016 2nd round. Stokes is from Memphis.

War Machine Dawg
06-27-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't dislike the pick, but I agree, I thought Hood was the perfect fit. Adams sounds like a grind-it-out type player and that's what Memphis thrives on.

Also, just got Stokes from TN for a 2016 2nd round pick. I'll take depth.

Definitely like the move to get Stokes. But I'm still pissed we passed on Hood. It's looking like we'll lose ZBO in free agency, so we need scoring options. Hood as a combo 2/3 would've been awesome to pair with Conley & Gasol.

thf24
06-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Definitely like the move to get Stokes. But I'm still pissed we passed on Hood. It's looking like we'll lose ZBO in free agency, so we need scoring options. Hood as a combo 2/3 would've been awesome to pair with Conley & Gasol.

My thoughts exactly.

TheRef
06-27-2014, 07:23 AM

Hood would have been a very good pickup for the Grizz, but I agree. If we're losing Z-Bo to FA, then we need another big man with a defensive mean streak. I think this draft makes it look like we're focusing more on being a strong defensive team that can score.

jumbo
06-27-2014, 08:19 AM
What do you think of the pick of Jordan Adams? Personally, I really hate it. Why not take Rodney Hood? Taller, more athletic, and a better shooter. He just seems to "fit" the type of player the Grizz are successful with as opposed to Adams. Our management is f'n awful. Not to mention Joerger is a lame duck coach next season after management tried to force him out. Just terrible. And we don't even have a second round pick to take a flyer on someone.

I don't hate it, we need shooters/scorers so hopefully he can fill that roll. I would have much rather taken Hood or Early or even Napier and then unloaded him to the Heat for a couple picks.

I love the Stokes pickup and assume that means the end of the Ed David experience.

jumbo
06-27-2014, 08:20 AM
And we aren't going to lose ZBo. The media is way over-hyping the "issue"

thf24
06-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I don't hate it, we need shooters/scorers so hopefully he can fill that roll. I would have much rather taken Hood or Early or even Napier and then unloaded him to the Heat for a couple picks.

I love the Stokes pickup and assume that means the end of the Ed David experience.

My issue with the Adams pick is that that Hood would have brought everything he does plus more. Hood might not have the physicality of Adams on defense, but he makes it up in length. And we needed to upgrade Tayshaun Prince much more than Courtney Lee. Plus, Hood could have played at both the 2 or the 3 depending on matchups; Adams can only play the 2 unless he's a freak defender on Tony Allen's level, which I don't believe is the case.

I completely agree on Stokes. Good, smart, 0% head-scratching move by the Grizz front office for once.

And we aren't going to lose ZBo. The media is way over-hyping the "issue"

I agree here too. I just don't see how in the world he's going to get even the same amount of money he's making in Memphis now somewhere else. I don't think too many teams are going to be interested in giving a max contract to an aging big man who's not very athletic to begin with. He fits our style just fine but he's not what most teams are looking for in a starting 4 these days.

MSU97
06-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Grizz are always terrible with the draft. Personally I like having stokes. Pretty sure randolf is not going anywhere the term is good it's the $$ amount they are still working on. I just don't think they can let him go because then gasols contract ends next year and there is a good chance he would leave as well. As far as coaching you cannot complain with what he did as a first year head coach and with all the injuries the grizzlies faced. I look forward to another run at the play offs this year

hailmari
06-27-2014, 10:08 AM
I just don't want to see another Kevin Love for OJ Mayo type deal happen again. Or Thabeet.

jumbo
06-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Grizz are always terrible with the draft. Personally I like having stokes. Pretty sure randolf is not going anywhere the term is good it's the $$ amount they are still working on. I just don't think they can let him go because then gasols contract ends next year and there is a good chance he would leave as well. As far as coaching you cannot complain with what he did as a first year head coach and with all the injuries the grizzlies faced. I look forward to another run at the play offs this year

It's not that they are terrible at drafting it's more of looking back now a few years later it looks that way. I'll start with Thabeet, there is no way around this one. That was a horrendous pick...now onto the others.

2013 - Jamaal Franklin, Janis Timma: too early to make a judgement
2012- Tony Wroten: Hollins never liked him, so never played him. Traded to Philly where he started some and played a lot. Played alright, needs to develop more.
2011- Josh Selby: 2nd round pick. Traded away in cap-clearing move.
2010- Greivis Vazquez & Xavier Henry: Vazquez played ok in the little time Hollins let him. Traded to New Orleans then to Toronto were he played very well for both teams. Henry didn't get much PT in Memphis but averaged 21 minutes and 10 points this season for the Lakers
2009- Thabeet, Sam Young (2nd round), Demarre Carroll: Sam Young was a good role player for the Grizz and what you would expect from a 2nd rounder. Carroll is currently a starter for the Hawks and averaged 11 pts 5 rb this past season.
2008- Kevin Love: this is where people get upset, but again it's all in hindsight. Love was traded for Mayo, because A) Pau was still on the roster (B) the Grizz needed a pure scorer. Obviously now, nobody would have made that deal because Love and Mayo's careers went in opposite directions. But at the time it was Mayo, not Love who was projected to be the perennial all star.
2007: Mike Conley: one of the best PGs in the league.

CottonDog
06-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Hood doesnt fit in with Memphis. Not a grind it out type of player. He tends to give up when the going gets tough. Also we need a guard that can go and get a bucket when needed. I think Adams is more suited to do that than Hood.

jumbo
06-27-2014, 11:08 AM
ZBo deal is done. 2 years 20 mil. Awesome deal for the Grizz.