PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Hood taken

TheDogFather
06-26-2014, 09:05 PM
22nd

Jacksondevildog
06-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Bbbbbbbbut many on this board claimed that he wasn't a first round talent.

bobcat91
06-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Many thought he was a lottery pick. He wasn't. Rot in hell traitor.

Charlie_Sheen420
06-26-2014, 09:10 PM
22nd
23rd......

hailmari
06-26-2014, 09:13 PM

Good lord...

smootness
So we had two 1st rounders on that team, along with senior Dee Bost and some other pretty good talent. And we didn't make the Tourney.

msstate7
The question that will never be answered is did hood improve his draft status? If he played ray's 1st season and went pro, would he have gone before or after 23?

smootness

You suck.

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:14 PM
The question that will never be answered is did hood improve his draft status? If he played ray's 1st season and went pro, would he have gone before or after 23?

It honestly doesn't matter. The question for him is, was the overall experience worth it? And only he can answer that.

bobcat91
06-26-2014, 09:17 PM
You suck.

So you are fine that Duke was the highest bidder and he turned away when we needed him. Fine. Go support Duke.

msstate7
06-26-2014, 09:18 PM
It honestly doesn't matter. The question for him is, was the overall experience worth it? And only he can answer that.

Well most likely he won't live in miss so it won't matter, but he lost respect in his home state. I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. If he stayed, I believe our basketball program would be in much better shape. Most the blame is on Stansbury, but I do blame hood too whether I'm right or wrong

DudyDawg
06-26-2014, 09:21 PM
So you are fine that Duke was the highest bidder and he turned away when we needed him. Fine. Go support Duke.

Let's see. Go to one of the best programs of all time. Or stay with a first year coach with about six players. Let's see, which one is the best business decision for him....

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:22 PM

Haha, k.

Let's ignore for a second that you just told someone to rot in hell for his own personal choice of college.

Let me ask you, when you decided what to do with your own future, was there someone you don't know ready to either pretend to be your best friend or damn you based on that choice?

msstate7
06-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Let's see. Go to one of the best programs of all time. Or stay with a first year coach with about six players. Let's see, which one is the best business decision for him....

Sitting out a year to get picked 23rd. Did he make a good decision? I think he could've been picked that high if he stayed home

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Sitting out a year to get picked 23rd. Did he make a good decision? I think he could've been picked that high if he stayed home

You're making the assumption that his decision was solely about the NBA and being drafted as high and as quickly as possible.

msstate7
06-26-2014, 09:29 PM
You're making the assumption that his decision was solely about the NBA and being drafted as high and as quickly as possible.

He used "business decision" in his post. Hood left early, so I assume the NBA was the goal. The goal could've been NCAA champ. If so, it didnt even come close to happening

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 09:30 PM

He's in Utah so that's kinda like hell. I wonder if Moultrie, Hood, Sidney (gulp), Gray, DeVille doesn't go crazy, Steele, Lewis, S. Smith, Euro tattoos are all on the team the next year does Hood and Moultrie both get drafted higher? I think so but man that team would be a major headache. Not this shit again lol

bobcat91
06-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Haha, k.

Let's ignore for a second that you just told someone to rot in hell for his own personal choice of college.

Let me ask you, when you decided what to do with your own future, was there someone you don't know ready to either pretend to be your best friend or damn you based onhat choice?

Ask around in Meridian. You will find out quickly that his choice was financial alright. Ask why Duke paid his dad and him. Yes it was a financial decision and had nothing to do with the NBA. He sold us out and didn't improve his draft stock one bit. On top of that he pissed away a year doing so. H

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Rodney is a good guy from a good family. Yall can all suck his million dollar dick.

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
He's in Utah so that's kinda like hell. I wonder if Moultrie, Hood, Sidney (gulp), Gray, DeVille doesn't go crazy, Steele, Lewis, S. Smith, Euro tattoos are all on the team the next year does Hood and Moultrie both get drafted higher? I think so but man that team would be a major headache. Not this shit again lol

That team was an impossibility. It would have never coexisted for more than a week together. It would have been the most epic disaster in the history of college basketball.

C222
06-26-2014, 09:39 PM
Ask around in Meridian. You will find out quickly that his choice was financial alright. Ask why Duke paid his dad and him. Yes it was a financial decision and had nothing to do with the NBA. He sold us out and didn't improve his draft stock one bit. On top of that he pissed away a year doing so. H

You don't think he got money to come to State?

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:39 PM

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I fully believe you that Duke paid him. For some reason they didn't pay him when he was a 5-star recruit coming out of HS, but yeah, they probably did come calling and ponied up later.

thf24
06-26-2014, 09:41 PM
23rd......

I wish it was 22. That means it would have been the Grizz, who badly needed to improve their wing play, who'd have him. But no, they decided to pick another guard in the first round, which has been working out tremendously for them for the past four or five years***.

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 09:43 PM
That team was an impossibility. It would have never coexisted for more than a week together. It would have been the most epic disaster in the history of college basketball.

Haha yup and wouldn't of lost to Vandy or Missouri or UNC by 40 points or a winless TCU team that didn't have their best player or almost have to play only 4 guys vs Bama but yes they would of been an egregious pile of cowshit. Still makes it slightly fun to talk about though.

bgdog
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM

You seem like a super reasonable person**

Intramural All-American
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
But you're ok with two first round picks, Bost and Sidney dropping from 15th to out of the big dance in 1 month. That's not a dumpster fire at all.

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 11:29 PM
But you're ok with two first round picks, Bost and Sidney dropping from 15th to out of the big dance in 1 month. That's not a dumpster fire at all.

Nope I was second in the fire Stansbury line.

I seen it dawg
06-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Nope I was second in the fire Stansbury line.

I take offense to that....

Dawg61
06-27-2014, 12:21 AM
I take offense to that....

Lol you were 1st and C34 had backstage passes so he was already in the building

I seen it dawg
06-27-2014, 07:11 AM

Haha no doubt

Johnson85
06-27-2014, 07:59 AM

I'm pretty sure Duke is probably the cleanest good program in basketball. I'm not saying nobody gets paid there, but if you look at their roster, it's full of the type of people you could believe wouldn't be swayed by a payout. I seriously doubt they are ever the highest bidder for anybody, because it's probably good for them to missout on the people that are only looking for the highest bid. Players willing to take less already show that they have a big picture mentality and long term outlook, which you need to avoid having a bunch of players thinking about nothing but improving their stats.

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Duke is probably the cleanest good program in basketball. I'm not saying nobody gets paid there, but if you look at their roster, it's full of the type of people you could believe wouldn't be swayed by a payout. I seriously doubt they are ever the highest bidder for anybody, because it's probably good for them to missout on the people that are only looking for the highest bid. Players willing to take less already show that they have a big picture mentality and long term outlook, which you need to avoid having a bunch of players thinking about nothing but improving their stats.

This gave me a chuckle as well...they are the cleanest program in the country (yeah, right). I wonder why they are the most hated college sports team in the country....and it's not because they win....

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:10 AM
I wonder if good ole Rodney is going to finish his degree from Duke....signs point to no....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Does anyone remember the reaction on message boards when Osby transferred out? It seems like Rodney is getting a pass. And yes, Duke has one hell of a coach and a great program, but college basketball is run by AAU and their coaches. Someone isn't directing these players to Duke out of the kindness of their hearts.

dawgs
06-27-2014, 09:17 AM
This gave me a chuckle as well...they are the cleanest program in the country (yeah, right). I wonder why they are the most hated college sports team in the country....and it's not because they win....

Because of their dorky fans.

thf24
06-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Does anyone remember the reaction on message boards when Osby transferred out? It seems like Rodney is getting a pass..

I may not remember correctly, but it seemed to me like Osby got more of a pass than Hood did. In any case, there were vastly different circumstances in play.

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Does anyone remember the reaction on message boards when Osby transferred out? It seems like Rodney is getting a pass. And yes, Duke has one hell of a coach and a great program, but college basketball is run by AAU and their coaches. Someone isn't directing these players to Duke out of the kindness of their hearts.

I am not sure Hood got a pass. There was quite an upheaval of fans pissed as hell that he left especially how he left and what he said before he left.

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:23 AM
I may not remember correctly, but it seemed to me like Osby got more of a pass than Hood did. In any case, there were vastly different circumstances in play.

Quite honestly, I don't remember that much of a huge negative reaction to Osby leaving. I think that had more to do with playing time anyway or at least the "guise" of playing time.

dawgs
06-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Yeah I remember most fans being mad at stans for not playing osby enough, when it was clear he had talent.

Dawg61
06-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah I remember most fans being mad at stans for not playing osby enough, when it was clear he had talent.

This, Stansbury was too stupid to see Osby's talent and buried him on the bench for two years. He did this a lot. He had his favorites that played and then the last five on the bench never saw enough minutes.

Political Hack
06-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Congrats to Rodney. Great player and I expect him to be a huge contributor in the league. he's got a chance to be one of the best mid range 3-men in the league. If he can couple with a dominant big and a good 3 point shooting team, he'll be an incredible complimentary player.

fishwater99
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM

I take offense, I was on the Fire Stans train for years...

Johnson85
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
And yes, Duke has one hell of a coach and a great program, but college basketball is run by AAU and their coaches. Someone isn't directing these players to Duke out of the kindness of their hearts.

Not out of the goodness of their hearts but also not because Duke is out there winning bidding wars. I don't think Kryshexksisdhsiai even lost a player early until William Avery and Elton Brand (or maybe Grant Hill was the only person before that?). Hood didn't go to Duke because they were the highest bidder. If they wanted to outbid MSU, they could have done it when he was a freshman.

Political Hack
06-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Liam Nelson could've gotten him back.

TheRef
06-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Liam Nelson could've gotten him back.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vw3fyjw2SkM/UajP67H2p0I/AAAAAAAABGs/t2DBvWuA8Rk/s1600/Taken-liam-neeson-9059188-1920-1080.jpg