PDA

View Full Version : RV Parking

Hypnodawg
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Anyone have experience doing the RV thing for games? I was looking into buying season tickets and an RV, but looks like I'd have to stay at the horse park if I did so. Are all the RV spots on campus already sold?

Political Hack
06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
the lot's not full if you have enough money... I promise. Outside if that you may be stuck in never never land.

Dawgbite
06-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Here is the deal with RV parking. All the spots north of the stadium have electricity and water. They are priced from $750 to $1250 per year , I think, but seldom come available. A lot have been sublet from the original BDC members by friends and friends of friends. A few years ago they moved all the non hook up RVs from the Hump parking lot down to the Rec Plex and to the lot where the new tennis courts are, behind the Vet school. At this time several people either moved to Starkville Station or totally quit the RV deal because of the distance from the stadium but according to the BDC, they didn't relinquish their spot and are still renewing it every year. I park in the Rec Plex and nobody has parked behind me in 3 years. I have called the guy that originally parked there and he says he released it when he sold his RV. The BDC will not give us the new owner siting confiduality. Lot 31, the Rec Plex is only half full but the BDC claims that it is sold out. We have tried to get a list of the spot owners but they will not give us the information. We were hoping to set up a Facebook page to allow people to utilize empty spots but to no avail. That being said, there is nothing more fun than tailgating in a RV. We had thanksgiving dinner for about 50 last year. The whole lot is like family. Hack is right, if you have the points or talk to the right person, you can get a spot. If you're serious about it, I'll post on our Facebook group and see if anybody knows of a spot that can be sublet.