PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Adams deciding soon

Big4Dawg
06-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Fetcher Adams @FletcherAdams43 ? 41m
Planning on making a decision soon

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin ? 27m
I recently spoke w/ Fletcher Adams about his upcoming decision. Has Ole Miss as his leader, considering Bama, MSU & UF. Also wants LSU offer

If he's saying he's making a decision soon and his leader is OM......

Covercorner2
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 4, 2015.

Big4Dawg
06-26-2014, 01:18 PM
That's why I said deciding, not signing. Thanks for your clarification though. You know only around 5% of commits "flip", right?

Rick Danko
06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
At this point all you can do is hope for the best. If he chooses OM or anyone else, wish him well other than once a year.

hacker
06-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Percentage is higher when they have a brother on the team.

CadaverDawg
06-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Knemdouche decided on Clemson

Bothrops
06-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I'll be very surprised if we get him, just my gut feeling.

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Im betting he commits to us, but even if he doesn't, he will sign with us.

Really the only thing I worry about is our fanbase freaking out if he doesn't commit to us.

RossDawg82
06-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Im betting he commits to us, but even if he doesn't, he will sign with us.

Really the only thing I worry about is our fanbase freaking out if he doesn't commit to us.

very true

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Also, when hometown kids commit early - they almost always commit to the home town school. The longer a recruitment drags on, the worse it is for the hometown school. Now obviously that isn't always the case - but in a situation with a hometown kid, I always want the commitment early.

The reason hometown kids wait to commit is if they don't want to hear about why they are committed to a rival school. Think Joe Mcknight or the kid in Auburn last year.

Happened to the bears with Woodall, Liggins, Pegues and a few others.

hailmari
06-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I don't have a whole lot of faith in some of our guys keeping it stoic.

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Bothrops;203098]I'll be very surprised if we get him, just my gut feeling.[/

What logic do you base this on?

GreenheadDawg
06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
The " kailo moore" situations rarely work out in our favor. If the situations were reversed and Nelson played for OM and Fletcher committed to us I would say absolutely this is a "win the day" deal. But we don't usually come out on the winning end

ETA: I have absolutely no knowledge of this situation. Just don't have a good feeling about this

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2014, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Bothrops;203098]I'll be very surprised if we get him, just my gut feeling.[/

One thing I think we can all agree on, when it comes to recruiting - logic does not play a part. That goes for fans, players and sometimes even coaches.

smootness
06-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm guessing that if he commits to anyone soon, it will be us.

He's not going to Ole Miss, everyone.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-26-2014, 02:51 PM

Apparently his gut feeling so no logic , just a hunch

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;203113]

One thing I think we can all agree on, when it comes to recruiting - logic does not play a part. That goes for fans, players and sometimes even coaches.

I actually very much disagree. I think there are very few surprises come signing day. While it may be a roller coaster ride with commitments and decommitments, I think kids end up where it makes the most sense for them to go a vast majority of the time.

If your betting on what past history says, then you should bet heavily on MSU in this battle. If you don't, your either scared or a naturally over pessimistic person because all logic points towards MSU.

DapperDawg
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=HancockCountyDog;203115]

I actually very much disagree. I think there are very few surprises come signing day. While it may be a roller coaster ride with commitments and decommitments, I think kids end up where it makes the most sense for them to go a vast majority of the time.

If your betting on what past history says, then you should bet heavily on MSU in this battle. If you don't, your either scared or a naturally over pessimistic person because all logic points towards MSU.

Except that smidge of logic of him saying who his leader is.......

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;203142]

Except that smidge of logic of him saying who his leader is.......

And I had sex with Megan Fox last night. Logic is usually more correct than what kids say. Look actions and what makes sense. What they say to the media normally useless.

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Also, FYI, Rosebowl and Paul have both stated in the past week that they think he will be a Bulldog. Do you think they have better insight and connections than Fletcher's quote to the CL?

engie
06-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Fletcher's quote to the CL?

Speaking of...

Mississippi State has just been on me the longest, so I know them pretty well. If I had to pick one, it'd be Mississippi's State.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/06/26/blue-chip-prospect-adams-could-make-decision-soon/11411615/

BeastMan
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Even the OM king of sunshine, Mr. David, said his MSU sources say he'll commit at BDC today. MSU has to be the only fanbase in America that would sweat a recruitment like this one...

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Pin this.

Adams is a LOCK for MSU.
Only LSU could possibly change that.

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Even the OM king of sunshine, Mr. David, said his MSU sources say he'll commit at BDC today. MSU has to be the only fanbase in America that would sweat a recruitment like this one...

Agree, it's mind boggling how pessimistic our fanbase is even when staring in the face something good. I've often wondered if this attitude leaks into our team when we are the under dog.

engie
06-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Agree, it's mind boggling how pessimistic our fanbase is even when staring in the face something good. I've often wondered if this attitude leaks into our team when we are the under dog.

It definitely hurts our recruiting. Projected insecurity on this type of stuff is a terrible look...

Bothrops
06-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Also, FYI, Rosebowl and Paul have both stated in the past week that they think he will be a Bulldog. Do you think they have better insight and connections than Fletcher's quote to the CL?

I wasn't suggesting that I had inside knowledge of his recruitment. I'm pessimistic because I know Lsu will offer him. Logic would have him at MSU because of his brother and his family could only see both play if he signed with us. I want this guy more than anyone else that we don't currently have a verbal from. We need interior DT's because we lose a lot this year.

Bothrops
06-26-2014, 04:31 PM

Hope you're right.

RougeDawg
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Look, it doesn't matter who we get or who they get, pur coaches develop talent much better than the Beavers. We should not be worried about any recruit or recruiting battle. We will be fine either way, as log as we can keep a somewhat consistent coaching staff. OM wastes more talent than any program in the northern hemisphere.

Saltydog
06-26-2014, 08:20 PM
He recently posted, "Looks like all the Fletcher Adams to OM talk was just in fact that. David (Rebels 247) started changing his tune this morning and changed his crystal ball prediction tonight (to MSU). Looks like Big Dawg Camp is the time. Hail State gents"...........

msstate7
06-26-2014, 08:34 PM
He recently posted, "Looks like all the Fletcher Adams to OM talk was just in fact that. David (Rebels 247) started changing his tune this morning and changed his crystal ball prediction tonight (to MSU). Looks like Big Dawg Camp is the time. Hail State gents"...........

So anyone wanna tell me who to expect a commit from this weekend?

smootness
06-26-2014, 08:37 PM
So anyone wanna tell me who to expect a commit from this weekend?

I could guess, but I have no idea.

I'd love to see Adams go ahead and make the decision so everyone can really put some pressure on Lewis, Peters, and Patterson. I'd also like to see Khane Pass go ahead and pull the trigger.

deltadawg99
06-26-2014, 08:41 PM
When is big dawg camp and when does Adams graduate?

TexasDawg
06-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg is July 18th

Jacksondevildog
06-26-2014, 08:51 PM
It's being reported that dad like ole miss and the rest of the family likes State. This tells me that either his parents are split or dad is being influenced by other means from ole miss. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

scottycameron
06-26-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't have any inside info like most of y'all but I'd be shocked if he's not a Dawg. I'd be willing to bet on it. It's just a bunch of recruiting drama. Any of you guys want to lay a bet then count me in. Man this really sucks when it's not even close to the first game of this year and everybody is freaking out over recruits for next year. It's gotten out of control. I used to follow this a lot more but I've learned this is all about selling web site hits when things are slow. I'm sure it will be back and forth and so exciting for 6 months, but in the end it will be what we all know it will be.

engie
06-26-2014, 09:07 PM
I don't have any inside info like most of y'all but I'd be shocked if he's not a Dawg. I'd be willing to bet on it. It's just a bunch of recruiting drama. Any of you guys want to lay a bet then count me in. Man this really sucks when it's not even close to the first game of this year and everybody is freaking out over recruits for next year. It's gotten out of control. I used to follow this a lot more but I've learned this is all about selling web site hits when things are slow. I'm sure it will be back and forth and so exciting for 6 months, but in the end it will be what we all know it will be.

Exactly. It's like it's programmed into MSU fans. There is nothing to worry about with MSU recruiting in this class outside of maybe OL. First time under Mullen we can really say that -- but we're to that point. I want all these guys -- and hope/expect that we get them -- but it's to the point that it's not the end of the world either way.

maroonmania
06-26-2014, 09:10 PM

Well, first, there is not much else to discuss this time of year. Second, Adams is a guy who naturally we should have a huge advantage with in his recruitment yet he is publicly stating OM is his leader. So its not hard to understand why its being discussed.

smootness
06-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Exactly. It's like it's programmed into MSU fans. There is nothing to worry about with MSU recruiting in this class outside of maybe OL. First time under Mullen we can really say that -- but we're to that point. I want all these guys -- and hope/expect that we get them -- but it's to the point that it's not the end of the world either way.

This staff has proven they can develop, so I just want solid prospects everywhere who have upside. We haven't always done that across the board, but you're right about this class. It looks like even in a worst-case scenario, there won't be any real holes.

BossDawg
06-26-2014, 10:09 PM
It's being reported that dad like ole miss

It's funny how it's always either just dad or just mom that insists on OM.

1998Dawg
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm not worried about Fletch. He's a good kid from a great family. He's smart too - what 18 year old wouldn't mind taking advantage of all the gifts, women, and handshake$ Bucky is giving him.

I've got a connection with his uncle and we talk a lot. He knows that tsun is going in a downward spiral and they're one convict 5 star away from sh*t hitting the fan. Just sit back and watch it happen. things are A LOT worse up there than you think, I know that on solid ground. heard it hear first.

Madisonmd
06-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Before we all go slitting our wrists over Adams, just know he has a "ways" to go academically. We could all expend a lot of useless time and he end up being a Hinds CC Eagle!

Johnson85
06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Before we all go slitting our wrists over Adams, just know he has a "ways" to go academically. We could all expend a lot of useless time and he end up being a Hinds CC Eagle!

WTF? You're supposed to say this about recruits other schools are getting.**

But seriously, the tone of that sounds awful. We're a full year away from most of these students graduating, so pretty much all of them have a ways to go. He has two summers and a full school year. He's got two brothers that have already made it into college. I think he'll be ok.

MSUDawg4Life
06-27-2014, 07:49 AM
WTF? You're supposed to say this about recruits other schools are getting.**

But seriously, the tone of that sounds awful. We're a full year away from most of these students graduating, so pretty much all of them have a ways to go. He has two summers and a full school year. He's got two brothers that have already made it into college. I think he'll be ok.

Surely you don't believe that guy has seen the kid's transcript or has any actual knowledge of where he stands academically.

GreenheadDawg
06-27-2014, 07:57 AM

We honestly have some of the worst fans in America

MSUDawg4Life
06-27-2014, 08:04 AM
We honestly have some of the worst fans in America

Nah, we have a great fan base. We just have a small vocal contingent of ignorant assholes who spend their time doing what ignorant assholes do to the dismay of the rest of us.

mic
06-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Everyone just chill and let Fletcher enjoy the process and don't freak out and go all panic mode if he doesn't commit Big Dawg weekend.

Smitdawg
06-27-2014, 08:28 AM
It's being reported that dad like ole miss and the rest of the family likes State.

Not sure where that is being reported. It has been a couple of years, but I used to work with his dad and he was a big MSU fan.

CadaverDawg
06-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Everyone just chill and let Fletcher enjoy the process and don't freak out and go all panic mode if he doesn't commit Big Dawg weekend.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coach34
06-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Kid is enjoying the recruiting process-let him do it.

Jacksondevildog
06-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Not sure where that is being reported. It has been a couple of years, but I used to work with his dad and he was a big MSU fan.
Scout.com (MSU)

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Let's just let this thing play out...

scottycameron
06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Let's just let this thing play out...

How would we go about doing otherwise????

PassInterference
06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
How would we go about doing otherwise????

Whine, bitch, moan, discourage our own success.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Whine, bitch, moan, discourage our own success.

Checklist the recruit needs to follow in order to please some people:

1. Tweet #HailState 3 times a day
2. Never under any circumstances tweet or retweet about another school. That could indicate you love that school instead.
3. Don't have any photo's where you are wearing colors other than Maroon. Yes your high school color's are red and blue...but you should not be photographed in them!
4. Never visit another school at any point.