PDA

View Full Version : OG Prospect

bulldogsmsu
06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Anyone know much of this guy? Someone on 247sports was projecting him to MSU yesterday in the update.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darryl-Williams-37466

dickiedawg
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Borderline 4-star OL recruit? Good news.

ETA: Crystal Ball is still overwhelmingly AU, probably doesn't mean much.

bulldogsmsu
06-26-2014, 07:56 AM
I know the crystal ball thing says 90% Auburn, so was weird to see a guy yesterday change his project ot MSU. Didn't know if there was some movement with him in our direction.

spiritual_machine2005
06-26-2014, 08:03 AM
Supposedly AU is getting close to filling up their Oline spots and wouldn't take him. Also read that UK is on him and might have the edge.

BeastMan
06-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Dude is big-time. MSU has done well with him but he's Auburn all the way. What raised eyebrows was that he was supposed to commit to Auburn and that didn't happen. They have him on hold for whatever reason (I'm assuming on that part). If Auburn slow plays him to the point of not having a spot, MSU could be back in the game. Still a long shot but it would be a huge get.

RossDawg82
06-26-2014, 10:36 AM
I don't think he has ever been to campus.

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2014, 10:49 AM
I don't think he has ever been to campus.

Trying a page out of the tsun recruiting play book I see.

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Dude is big-time. MSU has done well with him but he's Auburn all the way. What raised eyebrows was that he was supposed to commit to Auburn and that didn't happen. They have him on hold for whatever reason (I'm assuming on that part). If Auburn slow plays him to the point of not having a spot, MSU could be back in the game. Still a long shot but it would be a huge get.

According to my AU guy - He doesn't have a spot right now. They told him to wait, and this is one of those deals that if AU gave him a firm offer on the morning of signing day and didn't call him for a year, he would take it.

It looks like they are going to pass, which is a good news/bad news situation. Its good news if he is as good as we think, its bad news that AU is recruiting so lights out right now, that they are passing on great kids like this in-state.

maroonmania
06-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Still amazes me the struggle we have with getting OL that other good programs actually want. And it seems our program has moved along to where other positions are not this way any more but OL recruiting continues to be an issue. Yes, its great that guys like Day, Clausell, Malone and others have been solid but to move to the next level we need a few OL recruits that other SEC program really wanted especially to play the LT position. Heck, I thought Danley was just a matter of time and now it sounds like we could be dangerously close to losing him to OK.

Joe Schmedlap
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
State does seem to struggle to get OL held in high regard by other division I programs. This is a problem. Yes, we have guys who develop, but I cannot sugarcoat the fact that offensive line recruiting has been weak sauce under the Mullin regime.